Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 issue this morning.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Back on Virgin!

Old 04-06-2018, 10:41   #1
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Back on Virgin!

So i ditched the TV around 4 years ago, but I have changed my ways and get VM back. Box arrived Saturday (2nd June).

I like the look of the V6 box. It is small and tidy. Only downfall is that I run the box via my new Yamaha AV reciever, but as the TV is not 4k, it had a HDCP 2.2 error, so i needed to plug it straight into the TV and use an Optical cable.

I thought the software may be different to the V box i had all them years ago, but it seems faster. I am disappointed that if you watch a SD channel, there is no option to jump to the HD Version. Thought I hear the V boxes do?

On to the package.....

I started off on the Player pack, with Sky Sports + HD and Sky Cinema for half price (6 months). Then realised it had no On-Demand, so upgraded to Mix TV a day later, paying £67.62 until Dec, then £87.25 after.

This morning, I thought i would try my luck at getting the Full House, with Sky Sports and Cinema both HD without a 2nd box. I am now paying less (£63.37) until Dec, but would end up paying more (£98) after Dec.

What is the likelihood of them keeping my monthly cost the same when i call back in Dec?

Has anyone had this?

Cheers

Last edited by oxfordmark; 04-06-2018 at 10:48.
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2018, 11:17   #2
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Back on Virgin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
So i ditched the TV around 4 years ago, but I have changed my ways and get VM back. Box arrived Saturday (2nd June).

I like the look of the V6 box. It is small and tidy. Only downfall is that I run the box via my new Yamaha AV reciever, but as the TV is not 4k, it had a HDCP 2.2 error, so i needed to plug it straight into the TV and use an Optical cable.

I thought the software may be different to the V box i had all them years ago, but it seems faster. I am disappointed that if you watch a SD channel, there is no option to jump to the HD Version. Thought I hear the V boxes do?

On to the package.....

I started off on the Player pack, with Sky Sports + HD and Sky Cinema for half price (6 months). Then realised it had no On-Demand, so upgraded to Mix TV a day later, paying £67.62 until Dec, then £87.25 after.

This morning, I thought i would try my luck at getting the Full House, with Sky Sports and Cinema both HD without a 2nd box. I am now paying less (£63.37) until Dec, but would end up paying more (£98) after Dec.

What is the likelihood of them keeping my monthly cost the same when i call back in Dec?

Has anyone had this?

Cheers
Very little in my experience, offer is for new customers only
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:33   #3
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Very little in my experience, offer is for new customers only
I am technically not a new customer though...
Old 04-06-2018, 12:46   #4
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

On to the package.....

Has anyone had this?

Cheers
The V6 is definitely faster than the TiVo, which has had its day now.

You mention that you cannot jump from SD to HD. Well, you can - just press the blue button and it will take you there.

You are a little ahead of yourself trying to second guess what deals may be available in the future. Best to wait until you are out of contract and then see what you can get.

If there is a price rise at about the time the low cost part of the deal is up, you may be able to persuade them that this is a higher price than you want to pay and tell them you intend now to move to Sky. This could get you a better deal.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:51   #5
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The V6 is definitely faster than the TiVo, which has had its day now.

You mention that you cannot jump from SD to HD. Well, you can - just press the blue button and it will take you there.

You are a little ahead of yourself trying to second guess what deals may be available in the future. Best to wait until you are out of contract and then see what you can get.

If there is a price rise at about the time the low cost part of the deal is up, you may be able to persuade them that this is a higher price than you want to pay and tell them you intend now to move to Sky. This could get you a better deal.
Hey

I thought I read that the blue button only works on V boxes, not V6?

I mean in 6 months, not a new 12 month dead, when my Sky Sports and Cinema collection ends, are they likely to keep it at half price. They said to contact them in 6 months to see what deals are around. I just wondered if other customers just had it continue?

Cheers
Old 04-06-2018, 13:43   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Not everyone will have that yet, but it's on it's way.
Old 04-06-2018, 14:09   #7
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I am technically not a new customer though...

If it is anything like sky you become a new customer after being away for 1 year.
Old 04-06-2018, 14:18   #8
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
If it is anything like sky you become a new customer after being away for 1 year.
Even thought i have had BB and phone during the time?
Old 04-06-2018, 15:37   #9
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Even thought i have had BB and phone during the time?
As I said, I don't know how virgin treat you in that respect.