Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 issue this morning.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

V6 issue this morning.

Old 17-05-2018, 10:44   #16
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them
Re: V6 issue this morning.

Catch up tv, unless in hd from the BBC, is of very low bitrate and will pixelate. Best to record for best quality im afraid.
DVD Cinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-05-2018, 10:52   #17
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Cinema View Post
Catch up tv, unless in hd from the BBC, is of very low bitrate and will pixelate. Best to record for best quality im afraid.
thanks for that
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 11:39   #18
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Getting the wheel of death every time I try to view a recording this morning - this happened during the previous problems
There is a server outage this morning. It is being worked on as a matter of urgency. Please bear with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
yesterday I was getting SEVERE pixilation when using catch-up. Rebooting the box sorted it but surely this is a weakness in the V6 box. I have had to reboot a few times in the past though pixilation was worse yesterday.
Not normal behaviour. You should report it to VM.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 11:44   #19
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Yes I missed a crucial episode of 'Hi De Hi' due to a poor signal, how will i ever catch up ?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 11:58   #20
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Yes I missed a crucial episode of 'Hi De Hi' due to a poor signal, how will i ever catch up ?
Go on YouTube as it might be on there Mr K.
Old 17-05-2018, 12:32   #21
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
There is a server outage this morning. It is being worked on as a matter of urgency. Please bear with it.

Not normal behaviour. You should report it to VM.

These problems seem to be more frequent recently.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 14:09   #22
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Cinema View Post
It depends on the provider.

The Virgin Exclusives are good quality, but I don't often use the on demand service apart from that and the BBC i-Player, which is good. The Sky stuff seems to be all right as well, come to think of it.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 15:14   #23
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

A few times i've found that Sky Cinema on demand immediately makes the box freeze and require a reboot to get out of it.

I now always make sure that there's nothing recording before attempting to use it just in case.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 18:50   #24
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
A few times i've found that Sky Cinema on demand immediately makes the box freeze and require a reboot to get out of it.

I now always make sure that there's nothing recording before attempting to use it just in case.
I've never had that. Worth reporting?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 20:44   #25
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Not really worth it as it's only happened about four times in the last 6 months.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 23:36   #26
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Interesting how my recordings are stored.

Downstairs V6 lists the NRL, Super Rugby, Aviva Premier and Super League in stacks as per normal.

Upstairs V6 has separate entries for each recording.

Any ideas why?

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Interesting how my recordings are stored.

Downstairs V6 lists the NRL, Super Rugby, Aviva Premier and Super League in stacks as per normal.

Upstairs V6 has separate entries for each recording.

Any ideas why?

I can answer my own question. For some reason I was viewing recordings using the sport selection on the upstairs box rather than All as I usually do.

Not sure why this shows them individually though - just a quirk I suppose.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:04   #27
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Lately my V6 has been recording duplicate episodes of programmes. It has happened several times and often seems to be a repeat of the final episode of a series. In each case I set my recording preferences to 'new only' 'HD if possible' and to a specific channel if relevant. It seems that if a programme is marked 'new' in the guide then it will be recorded irrespective of whether it has already been recorded or not. All of the duplicate recordings are marked as 'new'. Far better than missing a recording but odd all the same. Anyone else experienced similar?
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote