Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2011 season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2011 season

Old 28-03-2011, 10:03   #16
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Formula 1 2011 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post

I hope the DRS works better than KERS did in giving an overtake advantage
Looks like no then......I did not notice a massive increase in overtakes, still looked pretty hard to me.
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2011, 10:30   #17
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I think it helped but definitely needs tweaking.. How far though do they go before they make the car dangerously unstable
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 18:07   #18
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Lewis Hamilton stars in the Disney Pixar film Cars 2

Quote:
Lewis Hamilton is to be immortalised on screen when he is depicted in the Disney Pixar film Cars 2, which is released in July.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/12882708.stm
Old 06-04-2011, 14:02   #19
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I think it helped but definitely needs tweaking.. How far though do they go before they make the car dangerously unstable
Make them unstable at lower speeds, that way if you do loose control it's not such an issue. Less aero downforce must surely help here so thatthey are not so pitch sensitive and snappy. The other issue is to limit mechanical grip and make the cars harder to drive.
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 14:22   #20
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

The mech grip was tried when they had the grooves in the tyres
Old 07-04-2011, 08:49   #21
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8602555.stm

Classic F1 Highlights from Malaysia 2010
Old 07-04-2011, 12:42   #22
Kymmy
Inactive

Times for P1,P2,P3, Qualifying and the race are as follows
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC Sports
Malaysian Grand Prix

Sepang, 8-10 April

Friday 8 April: Practice one - 0300-0430; Practice two - 0700-0830

Saturday 9 April: Practice three - 0600-0700; Qualifying - 0900-1000

Sunday 10 April: Race - 0900
As usual the times are BST and all will be live on BBC though the red button will be needed to watch the Practice sessions
Old 08-04-2011, 05:09   #23
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Seems I missed the first practice

At least I wont be up an hour early for the actual race this time

Also available to watch via BBC sport online

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9450876.stm

Are the Practice sessions available to watch in HD via red button?
Optimistic but always watched it online.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:09   #24
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Kicks off in 4 hours now

This time I am still awake from being drunk on a Saturday and Have not misread Kymmy's post!..... Again
Old 10-04-2011, 14:00   #25
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

YET AGAIN FERRARI CHEAT.

Alfonso hits the back of Hamilton and BOTH get a 20 second penalty!!! WTF

This hit Hamilton as he drops from 7th to 8th, while Afonso stays 6th.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

If like me you want a spreadsheet with all the info on I found this great spread sheet.

http://exceltemplate.net/sports/form...nship-tracker/

You will need to entor the results of the Malaysian GP, plus modify the results of the Austrailain GP following the Sauber DSQ.

You can also add drivers as they come along.
Old 10-04-2011, 14:30   #26
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
YET AGAIN FERRARI CHEAT.

Alfonso hits the back of Hamilton and BOTH get a 20 second penalty!!! WTF

This hit Hamilton as he drops from 7th to 8th, while Afonso stays 6th.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

If like me you want a spreadsheet with all the info on I found this great spread sheet.

http://exceltemplate.net/sports/form...nship-tracker/

You will need to entor the results of the Malaysian GP, plus modify the results of the Austrailain GP following the Sauber DSQ.

You can also add drivers as they come along.
Looks like the italian cheating squad may have complained to the Stewards regarding Hamiton's defending and then had it partly backfire on them. It's a shame Lewis lost a position though.

BTW, just before the finish line it really looked like Massa and Alonso were going to swap positions.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:00   #27
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

The way I see it is Alonso accelerated his car into that position so I agree with the above posts. Complete farce of a decision. I would appeal it
Old 11-04-2011, 08:04   #28
Kymmy
Inactive

Not an alonso fan but there must have been something in the telemetry for them to penalise Lewis.. It's the ONLY reason I can see
Old 11-04-2011, 14:17   #29
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Not an alonso fan but there must have been something in the telemetry for them to penalise Lewis.. It's the ONLY reason I can see
Alonso drives for Ferrari that is the usual reason.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 14:20   #30
Kymmy
Inactive

And you work for Virgin media..

But in a fair world (and one that now has drivers on the stewards enquiry team) there most have been some reason for the Hamilton penalty.. I'll have to see if I can find the decision transcript