Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2011 season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Formula 1 2011 season

Old 24-03-2011, 14:06   #1
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Thumbs up Formula 1 2011 season

All the teams are now in Melbourne Australia and are setting up for the start of Practice session #1 in less then 12 hours. So Welcome to the start of the 2011 Formula 1 Championship.

Details for Australia are as follows (GMT)

Australian Grand Prix
Albert Park, Melbourne, 25-27 March
Friday 25 March: Practice one - 0130-0300; Practice two - 0530-0700
Saturday 26 March: Practice three - 0300-0400; Qualifying - 0600-0700
Sunday 27 March: Race - 0700BST (6.00 GMT)

That means you have just slightly over 10 hours left to vote for your choice of who will win the 2011 team and driver championship. Voting at http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/88...ip-voting.html
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-03-2011, 16:39   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
re: Formula 1 2011 season

If BBC does the same this year, all practice sessions will be available via the red button, and after the race will be the forum.
Old 24-03-2011, 16:58   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Yep, sorry I should have said that the practice times are from the BBC website and yes they are doing the usual red button

It'll be interesting to see how the Mclaren is after their drastic overhaul of the car after the latest testing
Old 24-03-2011, 18:03   #4
mr_bo
Inactive

Services: V+ | o2 BB
mr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful one

Don't forget to adjust your clock for the hour we lose!
mr_bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 18:09   #5
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bo View Post
Don't forget to adjust your clock for the hour we lose!
Altered first post to signify BST and GMT
Old 24-03-2011, 19:25   #6
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

as I need to catch up on my beauty sleep I think I will record it and watch it when I eventually get up
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 02:28   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Live practice:

Times above

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9433946.stm

- Chandhok crashed, Gotta see it to believe it haha
Old 25-03-2011, 10:01   #8
Kymmy
Inactive

Was shattered last night so recorded it myself and just watched both sessions..

It would be fascinating to see the fuel levels for both sessions to make sense of the times.

I hope the DRS works better than KERS did in giving an overtake advantage
Old 26-03-2011, 08:43   #9
Kymmy
Inactive

Re: Formula 1 2011 season

I wonder if Sutil has gone to change his underwear after his unscheduled stunt driving near the end of Q2 ??

I really do hope that Vettel isn't turning into another Schummie.. it gets boring when someone gets clinical in their driving.. I'd rather watch Kobayashi drifting round the track
Old 26-03-2011, 14:54   #10
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I wonder if Sutil has gone to change his underwear after his unscheduled stunt driving near the end of Q2 ??

I really do hope that Vettel isn't turning into another Schummie.. it gets boring when someone gets clinical in their driving.. I'd rather watch Kobayashi drifting round the track
Sutil did a superb job keeping his motor out of the wall, its better to trash the lap than the car.
Old 27-03-2011, 06:19   #11
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Link for BBC online stream

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9436948.stm

Starts at 7am, managed to miss the obvious 7am in Kymmy's post so I've been up since 5

Come on Hamilton!

Great chance for him to get some early points that he may need to fall back on again this season after his results in the last few races last year.

Vettel looked stupidly quick so this could also be a 1st place start to finish for him.
Old 27-03-2011, 07:39   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Starts at 7am, managed to miss the obvious 7am in Kymmy's post so I've been up since 5
And just think that 5am was 4am GMT

You could of at very least woke me up with a coffee then mind you it might have been a bit cold with the 200+mile trip

Regarding Vettel I just have bad feelings this year that he's going to push it a bit to far this year..

---------- Post added at 07:39 ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 ----------

So much for DRS making a difference.. Perhaps it'll be better on longer straights but I still think they should activate the DRS for the whole lap if within 1 second
Old 27-03-2011, 07:55   #13
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Seen Button do the only overtake so far using it.

Much of what I expected so far with Vettel flying off, This lad is as good as Schumacher was.

I believe Button's move on Massa was stupid with 2/3 of the race left.

Quite an eventful opener though, Rubens attacked the side of the Mercedes and earned himself a Drive-Through and Button's Drive-Through earlier in the race.

Ferrari's look well off the pace so far

Update: Hamilton looks out now, Damaged something under the front wing from what I'm hearing
Titanium strip has dropped the plank underneath but he's fighting on. Could face a penalty if the Plank is worn.

Race Finished - Results http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ts/9417656.stm

Great race from Vettel, untouchable

Hamiltion played with the damage car fantasically

And even though these two dominated the race.

A MASSIVELY great performance by Petrov and Perez

Ferrari's really did look poor today though, Still sticking with my earlier comments
Old 27-03-2011, 12:48   #14
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Seems both Saubers have been disqualified due to the bodywork. Shame for Perez as he had a great race
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 04:22   #15
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Yep, Both Saubers disqualified from seventh and eighth places for a technical infringement to do with the rear wing actuators.

Real shame considering his drive, Not really that brilliant with these cars but do you reckon this could have something to do with Perez only having 1 stop. If not I wonder what Sauber have come up with that the rest clearly have not!