Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Football talk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

[Merged] Football talk
Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2003, 17:20   #61
grum1978
Inactive

grum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to grum1978
Quote:
Originally posted by gazzae
Bet you're glad that you don't play Fulham every week?
No not really was a very entertaining game by all accounts, i just put it down to first day jitters :p
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2003, 17:34   #62
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Quote:
Originally posted by grum1978
No not really was a very entertaining game by all accounts, i just put it down to first day jitters :p

Would those be the same jitters that last all season whenever you play away?
Old 16-08-2003, 17:41   #63
grum1978
Inactive

grum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to grum1978
Quote:
Originally posted by gazzae

Would those be the same jitters that last all season whenever you play away?
na mate we got over them thanks after about 4 months
Old 16-08-2003, 17:54   #64
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Quote:
Originally posted by Russ D
Well maybe the reserve team could
hmm, I guess man utd need to get rid of the first team players that were playing in the match then, If they're only good enough to be called the reserve team.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm waiting for the anti-Man United fans to moan about Scholes's goal being off-side....like it mattered!!
Thats the one thing I hate, Big headidness, thinking your team has its own Anti supporter club.. trust me your not that well liked!

(Except in China)
Old 16-08-2003, 17:58   #65
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Quote:
hmm, I guess man utd need to get rid of the first team players that were playing in the match then, If they're only good enough to be called the reserve team.
Well as I said, I guess Stoke are just a better team than Man Utd then

Quote:
Thats the one thing I hate, Big headidness, thinking your team has its own Anti supporter club.. trust me your not that well liked!

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think United aren't the most hated club???

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-08-2003, 18:26   #66
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_NTL

(Except in China)
Only two of the players who started the match against Stoke, started against Bolton.
I'm not making excuses, Stoke played well, Man United played crap.

I thought all the fans in China now supported Real? :p
Old 16-08-2003, 18:28   #67
The Diplomat
Inactive

The Diplomat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think United aren't the most hated club??? [/B]
Hate is a strong word Russ...

The thing that gets me is them constantly being rammed down my throat...

Look at the BBC homepage... Here for an example. Didn't Blackburn win 5-1 today??

Why is it "Man Utd off to a flyer?"
Old 16-08-2003, 18:34   #68
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Good point about the word 'hate'.....

I'm not a gambling man but if I was I'd be willing to bet this month's pay that if you asked all the non-United football fans which team they'd like to see slowly die a death and slip in to the First Division, the vast majority would say Man United.

I'm not discussing whether or not this resentment is justified, I'm just making a point that the usual anti-United brigade often come out with daft comments about one of their 4 goals being 'way offside'.....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-08-2003, 18:37   #69
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Well, we'l hafta wait for the premiership tonight
Old 16-08-2003, 18:40   #70
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
Well, we'l hafta wait for the premiership tonight
I caught a bit of it on Sky earlier and it certainly looked dodgy to me.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-08-2003, 18:49   #71
The Diplomat
Inactive

The Diplomat is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll bet you're glad to put the ghost of the last 2 seasons playing Bolton at home behind you though.
Old 16-08-2003, 18:52   #72
gazzae
Inactive

Ruud was a mile offside on scholes' goal.

The main plus point of the game for me was Ronaldo. For an 18 year old to come on and completely change the game! A real star for the future, if not now.
Old 16-08-2003, 19:59   #73
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by The Diplomat
I'll bet you're glad to put the ghost of the last 2 seasons playing Bolton at home behind you though.
You bet

In any case I think all eyes will be on Chelsea v Liverpool tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how the new-look Blues will handle quality opposition.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-08-2003, 23:18   #74
imback
Inactive

imback will become famous soon enoughimback will become famous soon enoughimback will become famous soon enough
Quote:
You bet

In any case I think all eyes will be on Chelsea v Liverpool tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how the new-look Blues will handle quality opposition.
Don't call us quality oposition man, we don't know which Liverpool team are going to turn up yet Is it going to be the one that creates bags of chances and loses 1- 0 or the boring sde thta manages to win 1 - 0.

Ok yes I am nervous, but honestly think we will struggle tomorrow, no Gerrard or Hamman, and Biscan is going to be our midfield anchor man
Old 17-08-2003, 00:12   #75
yesman

Quote:
Originally posted by The Diplomat

Why is it "Man Utd off to a flyer?"
Because they are the current champions

Closed Thread