Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Central Gets Lost!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Central Gets Lost!

Old 25-02-2007, 12:02   #16
NickSCFC
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV, Virgin Broadband, Virgin Phone
NickSCFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Central Gets Lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12noon View Post
It's sort of good news about Lost, but i think Virgin need some shows that are very good and are to be shown on Virgin only. Some shows that will make people want cable tv and couldn't do without it.
Yeah, Sky Satellite customers will be the only ones able to watch shows like new 24, Lost and The Simpsons!

Virgin need to steal some big exclusives if they want customers, getting something like exclusive Family Guy (only available on Virgin Media) would be part way to putting things right.
NickSCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2007, 12:37   #17
freakgirl
Inactive

Services: ntl digital/broadband
freakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to freakgirl

Or some new programmes that are going down well in America like the Alec Baldwin show "third rock"
freakgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 12:41   #18
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearBlueSky View Post
Most fans won't want to wait I'm afraid ...
I seem to remember when Sky first poached Lost from Channel 4, a lot of people saying they were prepared to wait but just not happy at having to wait until 2008 or whenever it was that Sky would air it on their Freeview channel (which of course) isn't due to be Freeview for much longer!

For some, having all 3 seasons from VOD would be better as they can watch refreshers, go back to check things if they have questions or don't remember something, watch it legally without adverts and not have to worry about the damn harddrive filling up if recording it.
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 12:47   #19
cybernetic_tiger
Inactive

cybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSCFC View Post
Yeah, Sky Satellite customers will be the only ones able to watch shows like new 24, Lost and The Simpsons!

Um... I wonder...[COUGH]Torrents[COUGH]...

Hell will freeze over before Murdoch gets any of my hard earned Virgin mula :-)
cybernetic_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 12:49   #20
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Boy View Post
Oh well, the channel seemed to be shaping up so well, and now they are going to be showing Lost.
To quote 12noon "It's sort of good news about Lost, but i think Virgin need some shows that are very good"

Sorry 12noon, out of context I know, but I still can't belive that people get so worked up about a TV show.

I know what you mean
And I dont believe why companies want to take money from people's bank accounts for these products
Old 25-02-2007, 19:40   #21
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Virgin need Prison Break from Channel 5, Heroes from Sci Fi and 24, Lost and Simpsons from Sky

August is too long, and remember, if you dont have Sky, there are always other ways to get your hands on these shows, i wonder how
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 19:57   #22
freakgirl
Inactive

Services: ntl digital/broadband
freakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to freakgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Virgin need Prison Break from Channel 5, Heroes from Sci Fi and 24, Lost and Simpsons from Sky

August is too long, and remember, if you dont have Sky, there are always other ways to get your hands on these shows, i wonder how
Virgin also needs the 4400 and rescue me and bones, get onto it virgin oh and also law and order would go down well on vod
freakgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 21:02   #23
cybernetic_tiger
Inactive

cybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakgirl View Post
Virgin also needs the 4400 and rescue me and bones, get onto it virgin oh and also law and order would go down well on vod

Do you want cheaper broadband too? hehe
cybernetic_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 22:48   #24
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold

***[Admin Edit(Mick): Post questioning a team action Removed - If you have query with any action a team member takes, take it up with a private message with that team member.]***
shawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 08:46   #25
andycoleman
Inactive

andycoleman is an unknown quantity at this point

If Lost if going to be shown on VOD does that mean they will be charging for each episode? If that is the case I would rather wait for the DVD. I have had NTL for about five years but only recently looked at VOD via the new Virgin Central channel. Would be a good sevice if I could see what is on but I give up frustrated before I find anything I want to watch.

Andy
andycoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 09:36   #26
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycoleman View Post
If Lost if going to be shown on VOD does that mean they will be charging for each episode?
Probably, but not very much I wouldn't imagine

Quote:
If that is the case I would rather wait for the DVD.
That's your choice of course, VM are providing it for your convenience (to watch whenever you want) but if you prefer to have the DVD I don't suppose that's any skin off of their nose. (I have a feeling it would work out cheaper watching it on VoD rather than buying the DVD(s).

Quote:
I have had NTL for about five years but only recently looked at VOD
*SNIP*

Given that VoD has only been available in most areas for a few months that's not entirely surprising.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 10:23   #27
leics poshie
Inactive

Services: 2 for £20 Tv and Braodband calls unlimited
leics poshie is an unknown quantity at this point

OOOHHHHH
August Cant bloody wait

In the middle of the 24 and Lost seasons i have seen my lost episodes, what a joke the only people whop are going to lose out is the viewing public, so Mr Branson and Mr Murdoch stop bloody bickering and do the right thing
leics poshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 11:05   #28
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty View Post
Hopefully people can understand why and hopefully will go un deleted.
You link should be deleted as it is blatant advertising, and I for one have complained to the moderators to that extent. Any links to illegal download sites should also be deleted.

If people talk about illegal downloads why is that wrong? What you are talking about is removing freedom of speech.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 11:21   #29
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
You link should be deleted as it is blatant advertising, and I for one have complained to the moderators to that extent. Any links to illegal download sites should also be deleted.

If people talk about illegal downloads why is that wrong? What you are talking about is removing freedom of speech.

If people talk about illegal downloads why is that wrong?
I personally have no issue.
But if someone talks about second hand NTL boxes for sale, suddenly the world collapses!
Tell me, is there any difference between the two?
In other words, if second hand NTL boxes cannot be talked about how can illegal download sites?
Freedom of speech? yes freedom of speech imo has no limits.
Old 26-02-2007, 11:37   #30
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcamalpha2004 View Post
If people talk about illegal downloads why is that wrong?
I personally have no issue.
But if someone talks about second hand NTL boxes for sale, suddenly the world collapses!
Tell me, is there any difference between the two?
In other words, if second hand NTL boxes cannot be talked about how can illegal download sites?
Freedom of speech? yes freedom of speech imo has no limits.
Well that's for the moderators to comment on I guess and I don't have a view on it other that to state that I would see nothing wrong with talking about 2nd hand NTL boxes, but talking about selling them could be promoting the fact you have on and could be PM'ed for it - with which case moderators would be compelled to delete.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote