Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 14-01-2019, 16:12   #3406
denphone
Still alive and happy

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm confused with that article , I thought it had been mentioned that Virgin would move away from TiVo in favour of Horizon ?
It had been mentioned but being mentioned does not necessarily mean any thing is going to happen anytime soon MM.
Old 14-01-2019, 17:28   #3407
OLD BOY
Experience is everything

Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
OLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze array
OLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze array

Quote:
I'm confused with that article , I thought it had been mentioned that Virgin would move away from TiVo in favour of Horizon ?
I believe you are right about that, but I also read that VM were tied in a contractual relationship with Tivo and therefore would not be moving to Horizon for the time being.

I think it will come eventually, however.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 19:26   #3408
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I believe you are right about that, but I also read that VM were tied in a contractual relationship with Tivo and therefore would not be moving to Horizon for the time being.

I think it will come eventually, however.
If they are planning to move to Horizon at some stage I’m not sure that article is that relevant considering it mainly mentions Tivos latest consumer box features.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 16:17   #3409
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Virgin Media Broadband, TV and Phone; Netflix; NowTV Entertainment; Apple Music
nialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant future

Quote:
If they are planning to move to Horizon at some stage I’m not sure that article is that relevant considering it mainly mentions Tivos latest consumer box features.
New Horizon 4 platform has been announced for other Liberty Global companies' set-top boxes but it looks like we'll have TiVo for some time yet. https://vmhd.blogspot.com
Old 15-01-2019, 16:29   #3410
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
New Horizon 4 platform has been announced for other Liberty Global companies' set-top boxes but it looks like we'll have TiVo for some time yet. https://vmhd.blogspot.com
This link seems to suggest Virgin Media will transition over to Horizon , it may be the case that once it does it will still license some of Tivos technologies.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote