Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 31-03-2011, 22:53   #5821
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I don't think you can start at a set minute like the current V+ but I'm not sure.
I've never use that. What's the reason to use it? I either start at the beginning or where I last stopped.
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2011, 22:53   #5822
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Ted View Post
plus the jump 30 seconds at a time as well.
BTW it's culmnative.

Hit 30 second skip 3 times and you'll skip exactly 1min 30
Old 31-03-2011, 22:53   #5823
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

Oh it was answered while I typed!
Old 31-03-2011, 22:54   #5824
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
When I had Sky you could start a programme an hour in even when it was still recording that programme. Handy for going straight to the kick-off. The V+ doesn't let you do that, you have to start from the beginning of the programme and wait for it to fast forward.

Does anyone know if the TiVo box let's you start from anywhere when it's still recording the programme?

I just got an apology email as well, they said they know I am not called Deeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn.
You can watch a program while it's still recording on V+ I think.
Old 31-03-2011, 22:57   #5825
Adder
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo, XL TV, M Broadband
Adder is on a distinguished roadAdder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I've never use that. What's the reason to use it? I either start at the beginning or where I last stopped.
If the box crashes while you are watching a recording it doesn't remember where you were stopped. Trust me my V+ crashes that much that it's a necessary feature!
Old 31-03-2011, 22:58   #5826
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
If the box crashes while you are watching a recording it doesn't remember where you were stopped. Trust me my V+ crashes that much that it's a necessary feature!
You beat me to it and that has happened to me a few times.
Old 31-03-2011, 23:00   #5827
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Yup got the same thing, the data must be few days old because I updated the name on my account using the new VM Customer Zone the other day. No price change though !!
Old 31-03-2011, 23:04   #5828
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
Yup got the same thing, the data must be few days old because I updated the name on my account using the new VM Customer Zone the other day. No price change though !!
The name on My VM is only used on My VM as far as I'm aware, it doesn't update the name of the billing account (which is where they would pull the name from for the emails)
Old 31-03-2011, 23:42   #5829
PhlangePhace
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo: XXL/XL/XL, Freesat+HD, $ky-FreesatHD, s1 TiVo in the loft!
PhlangePhace is on a distinguished roadPhlangePhace is on a distinguished road

Just had a new email .....

Did we say Dean? We meant Dean.

Hello Dean,

We're sorry about the last email we sent you! We know you're not called Dean. Here's your real update on getting our TiVo® service.

Old 31-03-2011, 23:42   #5830
adamsdad
Inactive

adamsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

First post on this forum,been using S1 Tivo since 2001 did not get special deal on new VM Tivo as was mooted in an earlier post. was very keen on getting the 'new HD VMTivo,now not so sure, very disappointed with Virginmedias' media fiasco, and my name is not Dean either!
Old 31-03-2011, 23:43   #5831
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
This is probably going to sound like a really dumb question, but can anyone who currently has TiVo please confirm that it has the basic functionality of the V+HD, such as fast forwarding at different speeds (x2, x6, x12, x30), pausing and rewinding live TV, being able to stop playback of a recording and then resume from the same point etc?

Cheers
TiVo only has 3 FF/RW speeds and these are undefined.

As others have said there are buttons for skip back 8 seconds and jump forward 30 seconds as well as a slow motion button so you can play director when watching sports
Old 01-04-2011, 00:00   #5832
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
I called Sky earlier this evening after that TiVo email where VM called me valued customer whilst getting my name wrong and trying to rob me blind!

They were happy to do me the 1TB box for £150 when I mentioned that's the price a friend has just got it for. They also offered free installation with a price of £98.50 all in for everything (TV, BB, Phone) including a 2nd HD box.

I then proceeded to called VM and choose the thinking of leaving us option, explaining my reasons regarding TiVo and the helpful young lady mentioned the price in my email today won't be the final one come launch. This seems in line with what DF is saying.

Glad VM are listening and a lower price will mean they will most likely continue to receive my £100 a month. I feel this would be the best outcome for both VM and myself.
remember you have to pay £20.50 for hd on 2 boxes on sky
Old 01-04-2011, 00:02   #5833
anap
Inactive

Services: VIP with extra box (2 V6's & a TiVo)
anap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlangePhace View Post
Just had a new email .....

Did we say Dean? We meant Dean.

Hello Dean,

We're sorry about the last email we sent you! We know you're not called Dean. Here's your real update on getting our TiVo® service.

Brilliant
Old 01-04-2011, 00:32   #5834
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Undecided if I will pay the £189 or not, am usually very good at haggling with VM though.. might wait a couple months then try it.
Old 01-04-2011, 00:33   #5835
weemac
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 / Tivo
weemac is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have said yes a couple of hours ago, but I have just discovered that you can't copy your stored programmes to DVD, and thats a big thing for me, especially when I've just bought myself a new DVD recorder, so I'm struggling to make a decision at the moment, and yes there was also the £40 installation fee, that's also a bit of a put off
Closed Thread