Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 28-10-2017, 14:35   #5731
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
It isn't and this doesn't, it just makes BQMs look pretty by having pings take a different path. It's covering up the problem, nothing more..
Which makes it even more amusing how there's a bunch of "gamers" on the VM forums going mental because their gaming is so much better after the update
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-10-2017, 17:32   #5732
adduxi
cf.addict

adduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Which makes it even more amusing how there's a bunch of "gamers" on the VM forums going mental because their gaming is so much better after the update
Can't say I've noticed any difference day to day or gaming. Nicer TBB pictures however
adduxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 18:41   #5733
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Let me know what happens please.
I’m not holding my breath. Got a message from the Mod Team basically telling me not to send PM’s to staff (in a nice sort of manner). Yet it clearly says on the post by the Trials Team to send a PM if there’s any queries
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 19:18   #5734
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
I’m not holding my breath. Got a message from the Mod Team basically telling me not to send PM’s to staff (in a nice sort of manner). Yet it clearly says on the post by the Trials Team to send a PM if there’s any queries
I messaged staff too, so will see what happens.
Old 29-10-2017, 22:44   #5735
Jon22
cf.addict

Congestion I guess.
Old 30-10-2017, 09:11   #5736
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
which is why I said they were talking bs to start off with
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 17:14   #5737
Mad Bee
cf.addict

Services: VIP 50, Tivo and V+
Mad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enough

This happened on 1st November.

Anyone have an idea why?

***How do I attach a large graph image? I couldn't seem to sus it out!
Attached Images
File Type: png f342559bf54580bdd5dba1c73b9dbc6efcdad4b4-01-11-2017.png (98.1 KB, 23 views)
Mad Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 18:21   #5738
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

rather than uploading the file/image to the forum, you need to right click the tbb graph, copy the link, click on insert image at the top of your message box in the forum and paste the link to the graph in that. The link will look something like this:

]https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/de8f16ed4fc6134570a307a896fde62d55573c6b-10-11-2017.png

and when you click on insert image and put the link in the only thing you will see in the message box is the complete code (i.e. link with tags) but with a bracket at the end:

[IMG]https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/de8f16ed4fc6134570a307a896fde62d55573c6b-10-11-2017.png[/IMG
Old 10-11-2017, 20:29   #5739
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Bee View Post
This happened on 1st November.
Could be any number of things. Is it still ongoing? Does it stop at night? Have you reported it to Virgin?
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 22:43   #5740
Mad Bee
cf.addict

Mad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Could be any number of things. Is it still ongoing? Does it stop at night? Have you reported it to Virgin?
It is still ongoing. Spoke to VM earlier but they couldn’t see anything.

This is the current monitor. Seems to be a lot worse in the evenings.

****Thanks General Maximus for the help.
Old 13-11-2017, 10:52   #5741
Mad Bee
cf.addict

This is the past 24 hours:

Old 13-11-2017, 11:17   #5742
General Maximus
Ran Away

I think you are trying to share the wrong graph. The graph you see then you log into your account under "your monitors" has permissions on it which means only you can see it. When I try to go to the link you have provided it wants me to log in as you on the TBB website. What you need to do is click on share snapshot under the graph, click on generate and the do the same thing with the link for the graph it gives you at the bottom of the page. That graph has public permissions and will be visible anywhere you post it. If you look at the example link I gave you in my post above you'll see it is slightly different from what you posted and mine has got "share" in the middle.
Old 13-11-2017, 13:41   #5743
Mad Bee
cf.addict

Thanks GM. Can you see this one?

Old 13-11-2017, 14:26   #5744
General Maximus
Ran Away

yup. Have you had a look at your power levels? It looks like your latency issue has been resolved but you are still getting packet loss which was pretty much at 9 and 10 on the dot.

Last edited by General Maximus; 13-11-2017 at 14:38.
Old 17-11-2017, 22:25   #5745
Jon22
cf.addict

This is starting to get tiresome. It’s so intermittent that I don’t know if it’s congestion or not.