Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Discovery

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Discovery

Old 27-11-2021, 10:31   #466
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Disappointed there are no subtitles for it on Pluto, looks like I will be watching it via the CinemaHD everything is free app in future.
Old 27-11-2021, 11:54   #467
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Disappointed there are no subtitles for it on Pluto, looks like I will be watching it via the CinemaHD everything is free app in future.
I did see the words Close Captioned on a menu option when I was looking at Pluto apps yesterday afternoon. I only noticed it on one of my devices though. There are different implementations of Pluto TV App on VM and Roku. Roku had the Closed Captioning. I wasn't on the look out for subtitles during Discovery, and was watching on VM, not Roku, last night.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2021, 15:55   #468
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Do they at least have it in HD?
Old 27-11-2021, 16:07   #469
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The quality looked HD, I didn't watch much, this was on Firestick.
Old 27-11-2021, 18:47   #470
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Well Pluto TV didn't crash under the strain, the picture was better than SD, but wasn't Full HD, I'm guessing 720p, the colours were a little off.

It was ages until the first ad break, but they seemed regular after that.

There were 2 episodes tonight. I'll look later to see if they are available On-Demand.

The S4 storylines were interesting enough. An ongoing one was intriguing enough. Not perfect, but I'll continue to happily watch.

The most annoying thing was that they showed the end credits after an ad break both times, though they did go right into the next episode without another ad break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
My verdict on picture quality earlier.
Old 27-11-2021, 21:14   #471
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

We had a power cut about 8.30 last night and it still hasn’t come back on. So I didn’t get to see Discovery in the end, and I won’t get to see it tonight either. All being well we will have power back before the final repeat broadcast at 9pm tomorrow.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2021, 22:37   #472
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
We had a power cut about 8.30 last night and it still hasn’t come back on. So I didn’t get to see Discovery in the end, and I won’t get to see it tonight either. All being well we will have power back before the final repeat broadcast at 9pm tomorrow.
You could always 'borrow' a copy from someone

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2021, 23:52   #473
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Yeah, just make sure you return it afterwards.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2021, 16:20   #474
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I don't get a TV streaming service in 2021 that operates on the broadcast TV style system. It makes no sense what so ever.
Old 13-12-2021, 03:49   #475
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
.... and the less said about stupid junior officer Tilly being in command the better.
I guess you're happy after last weeks episode then.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2021, 10:39   #476
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Absolutely. Tbh I didn't want to say anything because it all sounds too good to be true. I am keeping my fingers, toes and everything I can crossed that she doesn't come back.
Old 13-12-2021, 10:53   #477
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Absolutely. Tbh I didn't want to say anything because it all sounds too good to be true. I am keeping my fingers, toes and everything I can crossed that she doesn't come back.
I suspect she'll be back as an occasional guest star. It felt like a budget cut decision, much like many storyline decisions on TV shows. Lots of storyline decisions are budget influenced, directly or indirectly. Most of the rest of the crew aren't on screen this season (so far). Reduced cast storylines, or just main cast, are regularly alternatives to bottle episodes on shows these days.
Old 13-12-2021, 10:55   #478
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I am sure Mary Wiseman was pregnant during filming. They were doing everything they could to hide it.
Old 13-12-2021, 11:39   #479
General Maximus
Ran Away

I don't care what the reason is as long as she is gone It was absolutely absurd that a junior officer who had no command or leadership experience and who had not been to Starfleet Academy was given the responsibility of looking after the ship and crew. What is even more of a joke is that senior officers who had that knowledge and experience relinquished command to her. Regardless of how essential their role was at the time (e.g. engineering), one of them should have said "I am a Commander and as a senior officer I'll take command and Lt Cmdr Fred Bloggs will take over as Chief Engineer temporarily". We all know how it works.
Old 27-12-2021, 15:41   #480
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Has Discovery ever been shown on linear television as I've never seen it mentioned in any TV listings.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote