Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 15:55   #1771
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Free Now TV Ashes Pass for day 1.

http://www1.skysports.com/cricket/ne...ports-day-pass
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2015, 14:00   #1772
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Now TV app gets new look

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV...UI_BLOG_150629
Old 03-07-2015, 11:32   #1773
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

TV Player streaming service:

http://www.c21media.net/tvplayer-launches-pay-service/
Old 03-07-2015, 13:06   #1774
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
i thought my £8p/m to plusnet was good but £4.99p/m is outstanding value even more so if they get catch up and on demand content.
Old 03-07-2015, 13:28   #1775
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
i thought my £8p/m to plusnet was good but £4.99p/m is outstanding value even more so if they get catch up and on demand content.
But limited device access with the forthcoming UKTV channels.

I'd heard of it but not paid much attention to it before. Prompted by tassiekev's post, I've just added it to Fire TV... which won't be getting the UK TV channels.

I welcome all new OTT services and this will be great value for some people, even though not for me; Now TV gives me a range of channels more suited to me for the same price (based on buying the Now TV three month pass).
Old 03-07-2015, 13:37   #1776
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Another one worth looking at (may have been mentioned here before) is 'USTV NOW'. Just needs an email address - no cards. A few US channels shown live. Can't check it on the Fire TV at the moment - it's dead Jim!! Waiting for a replacement from the kind folks at Amazon.
Old 03-07-2015, 15:30   #1777
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
Another one worth looking at (may have been mentioned here before) is 'USTV NOW'. Just needs an email address - no cards. A few US channels shown live. Can't check it on the Fire TV at the moment - it's dead Jim!! Waiting for a replacement from the kind folks at Amazon.
The free plan only allows you to watch on a computer after your 45 day trial, it can be quite expensive $39 p/m or $29 with limited dvr

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
But limited device access with the forthcoming UKTV channels.

I'd heard of it but not paid much attention to it before. Prompted by tassiekev's post, I've just added it to Fire TV... which won't be getting the UK TV channels.

I welcome all new OTT services and this will be great value for some people, even though not for me; Now TV gives me a range of channels more suited to me for the same price (based on buying the Now TV three month pass).
I'm the same although in my case xfinity with my vpn gives me all the channels and od i need, i have plusnet tv but that's just as a back up option no ariel is connected so only get the internet channels and od.
Old 03-07-2015, 21:02   #1778
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
If it becomes a paid service I really hope they bump up the bitrate, the current TV Player app on Fire TV and Android TV is a bit ropey picture wise. Also going to have to count the channels noway is there 55 on those.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:57   #1779
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Music streaming question

I currently use Deezer Premium free as part of a purchase with a few Sonos speakers , when this free 12 months ends does anyone have experience of any other services specifically the pay element of them.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:46   #1780
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Smile Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Music streaming question

I currently use Deezer Premium free as part of a purchase with a few Sonos speakers , when this free 12 months ends does anyone have experience of any other services specifically the pay element of them.
Spotify worked well when I tried it free of charge through VM for a bit, but I am not sure of any other services. I then had Deezer free with Orange mobile for ages. when I cancelled my mobile deal, Deezer gave me the option of another month free followed by my current deal of 3 months premium subscription for just 99p all in. Hopefully you will get a similar deal when the subscription ends and you can have a good look at alternatives others may suggest for you

Edit

Spotify is the same price as Deezer too and offers pretty much the same stuff.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:27   #1781
tassiekev
Inactive

I'm probably on totally the wrong path, but I had Spotify some time ago as a freebie for a while. When that ran out, I looked for alternatives and (thankfully) discovered internet radio. Well over 17,000 stations (156 alone playing 50s - OK so I'm old), just about every genre with very few, if any, ads. Radiosure (free) on a PC/laptop even allows you to record.

http://www.radiosure.com/downloadz/

There is a paid version but I've never felt the need.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:34   #1782
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Music streaming question

Does the service have to work on a Sonos system or are you just using sonos branded speakers on another system.

Put another way, what devices do you want it to work with?
Old 07-07-2015, 12:41   #1783
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Does the service have to work on a Sonos system or are you just using sonos branded speakers on another system.

Put another way, what devices do you want it to work with?
Sonos system , Android phones , ipad mainly.
Old 07-07-2015, 13:52   #1784
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Sonos system , Android phones , ipad mainly.
These are the services that work with sonos; I think pretty much all services work with your other devices.

http://www.sonos.com/en-gb/streaming-music?r=1

I've only used services on the PC and have tried Spotify, Deezer, Rdio and Napster. And I'm currently trialling the free three month apple music trial, which according to this will eventually be coming to sonos:

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/06/28/apple-music-sonos/

Using these services will be different on a device rather than a PC, so it's probably worth trialling them all.

On the PC side, I think Spotify is best (providing you fix it so that you are using an earlier version of the software than the abomination they released a few months ago). Deezer lacks a PC client and is web only and in Napster and Rdio, I can't find a way to sort playlists. Apple music could be promising (much as I hate to admit it ) but still early days of playing.

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Spotify worked well when I tried it free of charge through VM for a bit, but I am not sure of any other services. I then had Deezer free with Orange mobile for ages. when I cancelled my mobile deal, Deezer gave me the option of another month free followed by my current deal of 3 months premium subscription for just 99p all in. Hopefully you will get a similar deal when the subscription ends and you can have a good look at alternatives others may suggest for you

Edit

Spotify is the same price as Deezer too and offers pretty much the same stuff.
I got the same three months 99p Deezer offer recently and took it based on this:

http://www.deezer.com/beta/forwindows

Apparently, that's been saying, 'in a few days' for months!
Old 07-07-2015, 16:17   #1785
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I got a three month free trial of Google Music, which now also includes YouTube Music Key. You can upload 50 000 of your own songs into their locker and mix and match with their streaming service. Works really well on a Android device and has chromecast support.

Also has Songza built into the app which has sveral playlists, which change throught the day, to match your moods (working out, cooking dinner, Sunday night etc) and curtated by real DJs (not sure if that is a good thing).
Closed Thread