Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [MERGED] Wimbledon 2005 thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[MERGED] Wimbledon 2005 thread

Old 20-06-2005, 13:42   #16
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Official Wimbledon 2005 thread

woo it's started

nffc is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-06-2005, 17:14   #17
coventrycityfan
Inactive

Services: Sky Digital, Freeview NTL 1MB NTL Phone
coventrycityfan is on a distinguished roadcoventrycityfan is on a distinguished road

i'm enjoying BBC coverage of Wimbledon but has anyone seen the scoreboard in the top left hand corner?
As in previous years they have always included set scores e.g. 6-2 6-2 now all the BBC have done is set score games won and points, the BBC have made a stupid decision doing that i feel.
It has made it very confusing for the viewer
coventrycityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 22:27   #18
nffc
cf.mega poster

nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Only the same as the real scoreboard.

David Sherwood was ace, shame our birds are rubbish as ever (yorkie)

Old 21-06-2005, 10:09   #19
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I was thinking of renaming this The "is Tim out yet" Thread

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 11:35   #20
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
I was thinking of renaming this The "is Tim out yet" Thread
Plays World no.70 (ish) Jarkko Nieminen today in the first round so it *may* be tonight to get yer chance...

Wonderkid's in action too...

Old 21-06-2005, 13:49   #21
Mike
cf.mega poster

Mike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful one
Tim Henman

Hi all

Sorry to say I hope Henman loses asap. Won't be able to stand weeks of Henman hype

Mike
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 13:53   #22
Macca371

Re: Tim Henman

I think he's absolute crap and totally over-rated. He gets so much support from everyone and everyone thinks he's going to win. He doesn't -he's just crap!
Old 21-06-2005, 13:57   #23
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

The thing about Tim Henman he gets so far and then it all goes wrong, and its the same every single year.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 14:11   #24
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
I think he's absolute crap and totally over-rated. He gets so much support from everyone and everyone thinks he's going to win. He doesn't -he's just crap!
Nice to know that he can count on your support.

What makes you think he owes you anything anyway????

You look at the support the England football team get, If they had had anything like the success he's had over the last 10years then they'd all have knighthoods.

You may think he doesn't deserve your support, but he certainly doesn't deserve your crticism. What have you done that we can cheer about??
Old 21-06-2005, 14:13   #25
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
Hes better than you..............
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 14:22   #26
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

I think Henman is one of the better grass player around.

I wish there was an Irish player as good as him that I could get behind. (Tries to resist joke about getting behind Sharapova )
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 14:44   #27
Gogogo

I agree, I think the contribution by mike is very unfair. playing tennis at the level Wimbledon expects is no piece of cake. It takes practice, concentration, stamina, enthusiasm and support. Tim Henman is a good player, he does his best. As someone earlier said if the English soccer team were judged in the same way as some do on this forum none of them would be good enough.

Good luck Tim Henman, Greg Rusedski and the upcoming Scottish star Andy Murray.

Now, I am off to see cricket; England & Bangladesh play their 2nd ODI.

Old 21-06-2005, 14:44   #28
Kaz61
Inactive

Kaz61 is an unknown quantity at this point

He's not crap......he's just better than most but not as good as some
Kaz61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 14:44   #29
nffc
cf.mega poster

6-4 6-2 6-2 win for murray and henman's on court now. 3-3 with serve, but henman's doing pretty **** at the mo.

Old 21-06-2005, 14:50   #30
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age

i'm predicting an epic quarter final loss... but i'll still support him
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote