Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merlin's Portal is down

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merlin's Portal is down

Old 14-06-2010, 17:38   #61
zing_deleted

Re: Merlin's Portal is down

yeah but newsbin2 have jumped up from nowhere with no one we can be sure we trust and lies from the previous owner.
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2010, 18:14   #62
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
yeah but newsbin2 have jumped up from nowhere with no one we can be sure we trust and lies from the previous owner.
Agreed m8 i have no intention of paying them anything and i certainly will not be paying any money to any of the other sites going forward. I am more than happy to do my own searching.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 19:08   #63
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

The pay thing that they seem desperately to get up running does sound a bit dodgy I'd admit. But is downloading NZBs illegal in anyway? So the way I see it is that if you've still got credit then it's ok to use.
Old 14-06-2010, 21:07   #64
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The site popped up briefly 30mins ago but i couldn't log in and its now gone again.
Old 14-06-2010, 22:31   #65
swoop101
cf.mega poster

swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal
swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal

He seems to be getting there slowly, Mysql error showing now.
Merlin has been suffering some problems of late, I hope he can get it sorted and stick with it.
I just hope the leechers don't start attacking him again

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

yay it's coming back up now

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Looks like a late May backup has been loaded
swoop101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 16:08   #66
snowman01
Inactive

snowman01 is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone got message off merlin yet to see when ganna be back up roughly
snowman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 17:17   #67
d-man
Inactive

d-man is an unknown quantity at this point

zing - what's the score with merlin ?

URL still pings so I'm guessing it's a major rebuild ?

Missing it !
d-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 19:04   #68
swoop101
cf.mega poster

swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal
swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal

He is still trying to fix it was the last message I heard.
Something major has borked the database.
swoop101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 19:11   #69
d-man
Inactive

d-man is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's more than just a fecked database.

Looks like someone has hacked the server more than anything else....
d-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 19:37   #70
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

I haven't used newsgroups for a while.
Old 24-06-2010, 18:11   #71
Rone
Inactive

Services: BB XL
Rone will become famous soon enoughRone will become famous soon enoughRone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
I haven't used newsgroups for a while.
Your not missing much atm.
Rone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 21:04   #72
davedefeet
Inactive

davedefeet is an unknown quantity at this point

I usually use Merlin's portal, I'm a VIP, it's got the best search engine, most other nzb sites suck. Why people are slagging off Merlin I don't know, problems ocurred after they changed providers, since then the database has been knackered or hacked or whatever? I hope it comes back soon, I miss it.... the site below is about the best of the rest.

http://nzbmatrix.com/index.php

DAVEdeFEET
davedefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 06:46   #73
Rone
Inactive

Services: BB XL
Rone will become famous soon enoughRone will become famous soon enoughRone will become famous soon enough

Well i just read on another forum [and i dont know if the poster IS him] that Merlins is'nt coming back and it seems he's just taken the money and ran.
Not sure if you remember recently he was asking [more or less] for donations etc and now it seems he's not answering his mail either, so unless i hear otherwise thats it.
I'd like to go back and tell them its a lie but there's no info, nothing.
Rone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 22:53   #74
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

as far as i remember he was actively discouraging donations the last few months, but if he has decided to call it a day i wouldn't blame him after the abuse given, following the issues the site had, from some leechers
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 03:09   #75
bliss
Inactive

bliss is an unknown quantity at this point

It would appear that a lot of the mods/uploaders/familiar faces from MP have opened a new site.

www.jfen.co.uk

bliss is offline   Reply With Quote