Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merlin's Portal is down

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merlin's Portal is down

Old 23-05-2010, 20:32   #31
zing_deleted

Re: Merlin's Portal is down

Merlins live messenger status isnt encouraging

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Fine here.
do you still have access?
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2010, 20:34   #32
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

yes but not good at all i now can't download NZBs from there as i'm not a donor!!!
Old 23-05-2010, 20:34   #33
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
Merlins live messenger status isnt encouraging
What is it?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 20:35   #34
zing_deleted

almost ready to call it a day

He is a great guy very friendly but the site has been stressing him out as of late so tbh I for one would understand. To many leeches on the site take it forgratten I am not saying there is anything wrong with leeches but when they complain about the limits or they complain about indexed posts when it has nothing to do with the poster what the content is it just really extracts the urine
Old 23-05-2010, 20:36   #35
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
almost ready to call it a day
You reakon they are after them then?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 20:40   #36
zing_deleted

not to my knowledge

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

run a command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns

the site is up and running
Old 23-05-2010, 20:43   #37
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
not to my knowledge

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

run a command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns

the site is up and running
So the only way to down load NZBs is currently to hand over money? lol
Old 23-05-2010, 20:46   #38
zing_deleted

lol no merlins is up

oh I see what you mean
Old 23-05-2010, 20:52   #39
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Time to start looking for a new source me thinks.
Old 23-05-2010, 20:56   #40
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Time to start looking for a new source me thinks.
Unfortunately, no one can be told what the NZBMatrix is. You have to see it for yourself.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 20:57   #41
zing_deleted

I do not think its gonna be perminant

you could always gleem the info from merlins and search the group using binsearch

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Unfortunately, no one can be told what the NZBMatrix is. You have to see it for yourself.
but thats not free either

cant remember what you get as a free member though
Old 23-05-2010, 20:58   #42
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
So the only way to down load NZBs is currently to hand over money? lol
Not for me. I haven't donated and its letting me download.

According to them you can't give them money anyway as the donations system was down.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

Quote:
Everything except retention is limited to 20 days.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 20:59   #43
zing_deleted

I doubt its a perminant measure. I think the servers have been hit hard since newsbins closure and its folding under the strain give it a bit of time
Old 23-05-2010, 21:01   #44
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
but thats not free either

As punky said, you don't get the older nzbs... But that doesn't matter much if you just want current stuff. You also can't download naked nzbs either, only zipped ones... but that's hardly a problem.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 21:04   #45
zing_deleted

I donated a long time ago to Merlins Matrix and Newsbin. I also have memberships at dogz and did have one at united forums but thats gone now too