Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merlin's Portal is down

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merlin's Portal is down

Old 04-01-2009, 07:33   #16
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
re: Merlin's Portal is down

Lmao... I can't even register. Apparently a valid MSN Messenger domain is banned. I'm trying to use a live.com email... They did actually release it for emails, didn't they?

Edit: Just checked, and they have released it. So why is it banned?
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2010, 08:35   #17
snowman01
Inactive

snowman01 is an unknown quantity at this point

finnally got back after being away on merlin for 2 minns then wham he dissaperes whats going on merlin
snowman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:49   #18
swoop101
cf.mega poster

swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal
swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal

He was doing some optimisation lat night, maybe something went a bit wrong.
swoop101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:57   #19
snowman01
Inactive

snowman01 is an unknown quantity at this point

k well hopefully all back up soon
snowman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 22:33   #20
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

looks like things have gone a tad wrong, notice up now but site still down.
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 23:20   #21
zing_deleted

sites up 3 months lost second times this has happened only the first time the whole database was lost. The posters will get it upto date quickly enough
Old 05-05-2010, 01:39   #22
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Had a message saying that the site is back online.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:53   #23
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

got to ask the question - if you are tweaking db why not back up 1st?

edit - ok it would appear there were other issues that forced his hand
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 15:28   #24
ratc69
Inactive

ratc69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Merlins Portal help

Hi I am a user of Merlins Portal but for some reason I can not log in. i have put my User name and password and it keeps saying user name or e-mail address not recognized and when I tried to re register It says I cant have 2 accounts from the same e-mail address. I have tried to reset the password using my e-mail address and have even tried to Re register with a new account and e-mail address but I cant access it now
As the same is happening to that account and hopefully someone here could PM a mod of the site and ask for some help. My user name is ratc69 so if anyone can help or if you know a mod who could look into this and Reset my account or let me know why I cant get on that would be great as I have been a member of the site for a little while.

Many thanks

Rob
ratc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 16:22   #25
zing_deleted

Re: Merlins Portal help

I am portal support over there pm me your user name and and email address you believe you used and I will contact merlin for you
Old 23-05-2010, 19:30   #26
Knightlore
Inactive

Services: 4mb BB all TV except for sports
Knightlore is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems to be down again now. Any news??
Knightlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 19:40   #27
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Zing I dont suppose you know what the current problem is with it at the moment?
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 19:44   #28
zing_deleted

its broke lol

there are problems that are being worked on it will be sorted and there will be intermitant up and down time
Old 23-05-2010, 20:10   #29
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Fine here.
Old 23-05-2010, 20:26   #30
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Gone!

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

Both Merlin threads merged
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote