Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2 Way Email Sync On Blackberry?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Everything Everywhere.

Old 01-04-2011, 16:44   #1
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all
Everything Everywhere.

With this merger between T mobile and Orange, I believe those of us on the Virgin network will be able to use both transmitters and therefore get a better signal (hopefully). On the T mobile web site in the FAQs it says the following:

How do I get to use the Orange network in the UK?

It’s really easy to sign up; just visit this page for more info. www.t-mobile.co.uk/signal. Once you’ve signed up, we’ll tell you about any potential quirks with your phone. When you’re happy to proceed, we’ll send updated settings to your phone and SIM card. In no time, you’ll be using Orange’s signal to call and text in more places.

I'm thinking about joining T-Mobile. When will I be able to use the Orange network?
From 1 February 2011, all new T-Mobile customers will automatically get signal from T-Mobile and Orange. If you joined T-Mobile before 1 February and haven’t got signal from Orange yet, you can sign up here.

So, two questions then, are we going to have to "sign up" to use the service, or will VM do it automatically for us and secondly, if this all kicked off in February, why are we not already up and running with it?

Thanks.
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2011, 16:54   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Everything Everywhere.

Mainly because it's currently 2G only, and Orange and T-Mobile have only just worked out how to do it automatically themselves. For Virgin to do it, they've then got to make sure it works correctly with their systems.

Virgin are going to do it later this year, probably around the same time as the 3G signal gets shared
Old 01-04-2011, 16:57   #3
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Mainly because it's currently 2G only, and Orange and T-Mobile have only just worked out how to do it automatically themselves. For Virgin to do it, they've then got to make sure it works correctly with their systems.

Virgin are going to do it later this year, probably around the same time as the 3G signal gets shared
Thanks Ben, any rough idea when it will happen this year, I won't hold you to it.
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 16:58   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.virginmediapeople.com/pri...e/default.aspx

But from this summer, we’ll use the Everything Everywhere network (the company formed by Orange and T-Mobile). So in some areas where the coverage would otherwise dip, you’ll automatically be able to use either the T-Mobile or the Orange network at the same great Virgin Mobile rates. You're covered.

So no confirmed date yet
Old 01-04-2011, 17:04   #5
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

"Coming Soon"

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

This will be a major benefit for me as the Orange signal is quite good where I work but the T Mobile signal is non-existent.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 17:41   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I've been following this closely ... Have been interested in Virgin Mobile for years, but the poor T Mobile signal where I live has always been the deal breaker.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 19:56   #7
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
This will be a major benefit for me as the Orange signal is quite good where I work but the T Mobile signal is non-existent.
Only thing you might have to look out for is in some areas where there are transmitters from both companies they are turning one of them off.
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 20:00   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

That has caused problems for some Virgin Mobile customers recently but is a temporary issue. Once the two networks are made into one there should be a generally improved level of coverage for Virgin users.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 17:08   #9
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Hi Chris,

I'm sure it will and look forward to it. What I should have said is that BenJSmyth had better hope they turn the T Mobile transmitter off at his work location if it happens to one of them.
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 17:42   #10
Dave_M
Inactive

Dave_M is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told September by VM customer services, guess we'll have to wait & see.
Dave_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:58   #11
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Has anyone heard any more news on this lately?
Old 13-06-2011, 10:23   #12
jetset
Inactive

Services: XL TV XL Telephone XL BB- 30MG- superhub V+ Vm Mobi Now with added TiVo !
jetset will become famous soon enoughjetset will become famous soon enoughjetset will become famous soon enough

VM are about to commence a 2 month Beta trial with staff accounts and all being well this will be rolled out to Consumers in September !
jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 07:51   #13
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset View Post
VM are about to commence a 2 month Beta trial with staff accounts and all being well this will be rolled out to Consumers in September !
That is brilliant news!

The sooner the better for me as the T-Mobile signal at my work is literally non-existent. If they need any customers as beta trialists......
Old 21-06-2011, 18:10   #14
Dave_M
Inactive

Dave_M is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset View Post
Timeline ties in with what I was told a couple of months back by customer services. Where you get the info from btw?
Dave_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 13:03   #15
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Per http://www.virginmediapeople.com/changes/JV15/

Bigger, Better Coverage
Virgin Mobile customers enjoy coverage here, there and just about everywhere. We’ve always used the T-Mobile network, which covers over 99% of the UK population, to provide our service. But from this Autumn, we’ll use the Everything Everywhere network (the company formed by Orange and T-Mobile). So, in some areas where the coverage might otherwise dip, you’ll automatically be able to use the Everything Everywhere network at the same great Virgin Mobile rates. Wherever you are, we’ve got you covered.

My highlighting