Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V Day Highlights; Sky's Response

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Control Richard Branson for a day

Old 08-02-2007, 06:35   #1
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Control Richard Branson for a day

...no its not a joke. The stunt launching Virgin Media today will allow people to control what RB does for a day. He'll be in a glass lounge "The Box" in central London, Covent Garden. Via mobile phone or the internet you can control what he does for a day.

This can all be seen on the following channels:

- Trouble [Virgin TV 140, Sky 201] from 12-3pm
- Bravo 2 [Virgin TV 154, Sky 123] from 3-6pm
- Edited highlights on Ftn [Virgin TV 123, Freeview 20, Sky 157] at 6-7pm on the day

More details of how you can join in are here: http://www.virginmedia.com/joinin

Official press release here: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix...8629&highlight=

I wonder if Rupert Murdoch will text in suggesting RB takes a nice soothing swim in the Thames today
Old 08-02-2007, 08:35   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Control Richard Branson for a day

Soo tempting to suggest he should spend a day on the faults phone lines, or with installs, or .....
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:40   #3
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Mod edit (Gavin): Please remember this is a family-friendly forum.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:23   #4
Quam256
Inactive

Services: XL,Phone and 60mb .
Quam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Soo tempting to suggest he should spend a day on the faults phone lines, or with installs, or .....
I second that !
Quam256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:45   #5
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

He should chair a meeting of disgruntled NTL/Virgin customers and do whatever they say to improve the service.

DW
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:19   #6
shugdot
Inactive

shugdot is an unknown quantity at this point

Give the man a chance. Let him enjoy the first day. He will soon know how disgrunted his many new customers are. Some are very happy with some of the services and a little unhappy with just one. As for me I am happy with the broadband most of the time when I get the speed I am promised. The past couple of days have been slow but today it is back to be being its best. The telephone service is excellent as it usually is. The television so far today is annoying because when I change channels I get this annoying epg listing about six channels on either side of the channel I want. I've wanted a new box to replace the old PACE box I have. Maybe it was just Telewest and not the box. I will wait and see. After a while I will start moaning to CS. Give the man a day to relish his new empire .....and then let him know that his new domain has many unresolved problem with customer dissatisfaction.
shugdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:40   #7
Benson
Inactive

Benson is on a distinguished roadBenson is on a distinguished road

Ask him questions....................

I wonder how many emails he will get regarding 20-50mb broadband lol

I could give a rats ass what its like on Necker Island or whether he’ll be heading into space anytime soon but i am interested in the fact that a rep from Virgin was on the BBC stating 50mb in the 1st qtr of '07.

Oh and i think the launch sucked he seemed so confused by what is going on, i would rather he sat and told us about what the future holds for Virgin customers than seeing him chat to some stupid woman about her dating site.

Just tried to vote and Server Error in '/' Application was returned also the webcams have gone down i hope poor Richard isnt in a area where they are enforcing "Traffic management" lol
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:57   #8
walfordking
Inactive

walfordking is an unknown quantity at this point

Control Richard for a day! Thats a joke! I've just posted a question for him and a error came up.
walfordking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 13:04   #9
DarkGashX
Inactive

Services: VIP Package
DarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enough

Do a vote and look on the right, the ticker shows the ipsum jargon webmasters use when designing a page and the 3 boxes do nothing. Another bug on yet another VM website...
DarkGashX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 14:24   #10
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Richard Branson

Richard Branson says the 'B' word LIVE on Truble at 2.21pm.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 14:26   #11
Benson
Inactive

Benson is on a distinguished roadBenson is on a distinguished road
Re: Richard Branson

The woman from the dating site also said "******" around 12.15
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 14:39   #12
Llamehtdos
Inactive

Llamehtdos is an unknown quantity at this point

So we all agree with RB Virgin AND NTL are *******!
Llamehtdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 14:58   #13
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I don't - I would rather give them a chance to prove it, one way or another, rather than jumping to pre-judged conclusions (but that's just me - up to you what you do).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 15:23   #14
greyfox1974
Inactive

greyfox1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

well virgin is 1 of the best companys and now the name will be a joke after ntl got a hold of it
greyfox1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 16:55   #15
grabbi
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP, 42", DVD Rec, Xbox, PS2, 360, FreeSat.
grabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud of
Whose Watching Branny in the Box?

I think this is pretty good actually...

Still, can't see why they gave him a Nintendo Wii, unless there is some kind of Contract to be upheld there.

Still, great marketing ploy.

Going to record the Highlights on Ftn tonight at 6pm till 8pm.

The future's bright... the futures Virginity! lol
grabbi is offline   Reply With Quote