Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Strange Upgrade Offer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Strange Upgrade Offer

Old 04-05-2019, 09:34   #1
daveoc14
cf.member

daveoc14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Strange Upgrade Offer

I moved on to the VIP pack six weeks ago and with all the changes that have happened over the past week I thought I would log into my account and see what, if any, upgrade offers were showing.

Bearing in mind I have the full package with two V6 boxes I was surprised to see that the only offer showing was for another V6 box at no extra monthly cost but a £65 activation fee. Seems an odd offer---is everyone else being offered this? :

Virgin TV V6 box
Store up to 500 hours of SD TV
Watch on your tablet or mobile
Record up to 6 channels at once
Find your favourite shows in a flash
BBC iPlayer, ITV Player and All 4
Never lose the remote with Find My Remote
View Channels >
£0.00
extra a month
12 Month Contract
New monthly cost
First 12 Month
£98.75
Next 6 Month
£106.00
And then
£129.00
One Off Cost
Activation fee
£65.00
daveoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2019, 10:28   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Strange Upgrade Offer

I've been offered a move from 200mbps to 350mbps for 15p and a £65 activation fee.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:53   #3
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I've been offered a move from 200mbps to 350mbps for 15p and a £65 activation fee.
Read that contract if I were you. VM have a habit of sending them after you've 'signed'....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:02   #4
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

My Offers seems to be a poor way of upgrading. I can currently add Player TV to my existing phone and broadband package for £35 extra per month. If it was something reasonable, I'd actually be tempted, but not at that price!
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 16:11   #5
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

I've taken a look at mine, and for £45 a month extra get an "upgrade" to the package I'm already on.... work that one out
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 21:24   #6
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Current deal Full House Bundle

£75.00 a month
Up to 350Mbps
Full House TV
Virgin TV V6 box
Talk More Anytime
Virgin Phone Line

New offer 1 more V6 box for free

£0.00
extra a month
12 Month Contract
New monthly cost
First 12 Month
£75.00
And then
£92.00
One Off Cost
Activation fee
£0.00
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:05   #7
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

I'm on Full House with 2 TIVO boxes for £98pm
Got a call from their sales team and swapped one box for a V6, upgraded broadband to 350Mbps and no activation fee.
Also tried to include Sky Movies for £20pm which I declined, reduced it to £10pm which I still declined so they included it for free for 6 months after which I'm free to cancel.
So still paying £98pm!!
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote