Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 19:13   #2026
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit (New Poll Added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Ahh come off it Andrew - your remark to Chris a bit above, had the hint of a taunt.
I think you're reading too much into it, Mick. My position remains as it always has.
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2019, 22:11   #2027
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Looks like the remainiac tendency is terrified at the thought of what Farage might achieve less than 3 weeks from now. The social media black ops are in full swing.

To be absolutely clear: I don’t care if Satan himself gets onto the Brexit Party list. We are leaving the EU and none of these people are going to get the chance to do anything of consequence (To be honest they wouldn’t get to achieve anything much if they served a full term on that gravy train).

I am voting Brexit because it is my first and only chance to remind Labour and Tory alike that I voted Leave and that I still expect that to happen.
Ok, you will accept any old extremist and reprobate on the ticket as long as they sing the party song, fair enough. I am looking forward to you endorsing Corbyn for his meetings with the IRA and fellow extremists. I mean, where's the difference?

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Quote:
Is this the best you can do?

Oh well done first link is a blog, an opinion, oh and btw, don't use shortcut urls on here again - I like to know where I am going before I click a link - will consider adding that shortcut url to filter ban list in due course.

Says it all really when all you can do is keep on with the untruths and smearing people who are not actually racist.

Like Chris says - Could be Satan himself - Won't stop me voting for the Brexit Party. So you better get used to it and stop it with the pathetic smearing!

You're getting just so ridiculously desperate now.

You won't get it in to your head that that there is still a lot of people, who want to leave the EU and the legitimate democratic result undertaken in 2016 is still fully valid and the UK still wants to leave the disgusting and corrupt EU!
I will keep telling the truth as it exists. Facts are not smears ... the place we are at where the xenophobic Brexit Party has this level of support shows this country is in peril. With Bannon pulling Farage's strings, promoting the far right populist agenda all over Europe, the future is looking a far more darker place that it did 5 years ago.
Old 06-05-2019, 22:53   #2028
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I'm thinking about the 75th Anniversary we are commemorating this year..and wondering if we are heading in that direction again.
Old 06-05-2019, 23:23   #2029
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Ok, you will accept any old extremist and reprobate on the ticket as long as they sing the party song, fair enough. I am looking forward to you endorsing Corbyn for his meetings with the IRA and fellow extremists. I mean, where's the difference?

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

I will keep telling the truth as it exists. Facts are not smears ... the place we are at where the xenophobic Brexit Party has this level of support shows this country is in peril. With Bannon pulling Farage's strings, promoting the far right populist agenda all over Europe, the future is looking a far more darker place that it did 5 years ago.
The only reason this country will be in peril is because of people like you. The other thing is, you’re not telling the truth at all, so how you can say they’re facts when they are not and you post absolutely no proof, only opinions.

Bannon is not pulling Farages strings. The Brexit Party is not xenophobic. You need to stop telling utter lies.
Old 07-05-2019, 00:37   #2030
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
If you can’t see the difference between an MEP who will never take their seat and a Prime Minister of one of the most powerful countries in the world, there’s little point having this discussion is there?
Old 07-05-2019, 05:30   #2031
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
If you can’t see the difference between an MEP who will never take their seat and a Prime Minister of one of the most powerful countries in the world, there’s little point having this discussion is there?
Realistically, those MEPs will take their seats and salaries and Corbyn will never be Prime Minister.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:05   #2032
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
"An MEP who will never take their seat"? So why go through the charade then? Aren't you all democrats? Isn't this what it is all about?

Obviously not. This is all about pursuing the broken dream, at all costs, aligning yourself with literally anyone to get over the line.

---------- Post added at 07:55 ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 ----------

Quote:
The only reason this country will be in peril is because of people like you. The other thing is, you’re not telling the truth at all, so how you can say they’re facts when they are not and you post absolutely no proof, only opinions.

Bannon is not pulling Farages strings. The Brexit Party is not xenophobic. You need to stop telling utter lies.
But Mick, the EU is not disgusting and corrupt, so what?

We all live in our own personal realities now. Brexit is changed everything. You can have your truth and I can have mine.

If/when this monstrous project ever gets over the line, wherever the line is and whatever colour it is, this country will be a broken place. The real reasons behind this will remain and will get worse. The sunlit uplands, long awaited will be barren. The drinks of celebration will be just cups of bile. The taste bitter for both sides for a generation: the young generation betrayed by the old and the old angry that their promised past did not materialise.

Meanwhile, back on the subject of the nice man Mr Farage, who is definitely not a racist

Nigel Farage under fire over 'antisemitic tropes' on far-right US talkshow

Quote:
Nigel Farage is facing strong criticism from Jewish organisations and a series of other groups after it emerged he repeatedly took part in interviews with a far-right US talkshow host, during which the Brexit party leader openly discussed conspiracy theories, some of which have been linked to antisemitism.

A Guardian investigation has found Farage has appeared at least six times on the show of Alex Jones, who was sued by bereaved parents after claiming a US school shooting was faked, and was banned permanently from Facebook last week.
Careful, Nigel, now you don't want to be associated with nasty white supremacist nut jobs, do you?

---------- Post added at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I'm thinking about the 75th Anniversary we are commemorating this year..and wondering if we are heading in that direction again.
Indeed we are. History tells us so. Enough time has passed for nationalism to be used again for sinister motives all the while presenting the friendly face.

The paradox here is that the young who have little collective memories of the great wars, instinctively reject nationalism in its current form whereas the older generation, who personally attest to being "wiser" and have a far more direct appreciation, are seduced by the promises of the New Nationalists.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:22   #2033
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The Brexit party can't be short of willing candidates so if their objections to Corbyn on these matters was genuine then I think they would select someone else.

Corbyn's views on the IRA and essentially always taking the side against the West is deeply concerning, enough not to vote for him even without all the other concerns, but I am not surprised that the objections only extend as far as the fact it's coming from Labour and they're more than willing to overlook it for others.

Last edited by Damien; 07-05-2019 at 08:27.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:43   #2034
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Some people like Rees-Mogg seem to conveniently forget that this legislation requires a deal. It cannot be used in a no-deal scenario!

https://tradebetablog.wordpress.com/...-grace-period/
Except that I did not ignore that little point of needing an agreement. You are not concentrating, Andrew.

The Article is there to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

We would need the EU to agree to this approach, but why wouldn't they if it would ease the trading arrangements between our two countries? We could use the time between now and the new end date for leaving the EU to achieve just that.

Old 07-05-2019, 12:51   #2035
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Except that I did not ignore that little point of needing an agreement. You are not concentrating, Andrew.

The Article is there to be used.

[/B]
What you seem to forget is that it is being suggested by some of those advocating no deal.
That is impossible, it needs an agreement to be used. That cannot occur in a no-deal scenario by definition.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:56   #2036
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
What you seem to forget is that it is being suggested by some of those advocating no deal.
That is impossible, it needs an agreement to be used. That cannot occur in a no-deal scenario by definition.
It depends how you define 'no deal'. If that means no withdrawal agreement, that doesn't stop both parties from preparing for a trade deal. And nobody (as far as I know) has suggested we shouldn't have a trade deal with the EU. However, that needs to be negotiated when we are outside of the EU, without ties.
Old 07-05-2019, 15:17   #2037
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I haven't been following this much since it all went silly . .

. . . any news of the next extension dates yet?
Old 07-05-2019, 15:22   #2038
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I haven't been following this much since it all went silly . .

. . . any news of the next extension dates yet?
It’s a close call which will come first - the heat death of the Universe*, or Brexit...

(*10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0 00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 07-05-2019 at 15:26.
Old 07-05-2019, 16:01   #2039
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: Cabinet Minister David Lidington has confirmed the UK will take part in the European parliament elections on 23 May.

Labour and Conservatives are in for a total annihilation. Thanks to The Brexit Party.

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Quote:

But Mick, the EU is not disgusting and corrupt, so what?
I am not afraid to say, yes it is because that is exactly what it is.

Corrupt because it wants us to keep on voting until it gets the answer it wants, takes vasts sums of money from us for shitty returns - it is as corrupt as it comes and now it wants more power and sovereignty, taken from Member States, as per Guy Verhoftstadt remarks in the EU Parliament.

Wants it's own EU Army, remarks from both Macron and Merkel, no thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99
We all live in our own personal realities now. Brexit is changed everything. You can have your truth and I can have mine.
And do you honestly think, stopping Brexit will heal the wounds huh?

Did you honestly think when one of the largest Democratic processes, ever undertaken in the UK, is ignored, that us Brexiteers would just sit back and roll over and do nothing, not a bloody chance.

We will not go away and we will not sit in silence and just pretend the vote in 2016 did not happen, it did and we should be out by now, we will be better out, than in and I do think you are totally wrong with the fear mongering and negativity. Our country does not need to be in a corrupted con job club to trade with our neighbours. I should have the right to live in a totally independent country, free from dictatorship entities like the EU.

Quote:
If/when this monstrous project ever gets over the line, wherever the line is and whatever colour it is, this country will be a broken place. The real reasons behind this will remain and will get worse. The sunlit uplands, long awaited will be barren. The drinks of celebration will be just cups of bile. The taste bitter for both sides for a generation: the young generation betrayed by the old and the old angry that their promised past did not materialise.
Well, I am still young, if you don't mind and my vote is not any less valid than someone who is younger still. We have not betrayed the young, at all.

Quote:
Meanwhile, back on the subject of the nice man Mr Farage, who is definitely not a racist

Nigel Farage under fire over 'antisemitic tropes' on far-right US talkshow
What's this - A day by day smearing attempt on Farage?

Like Farage highlighted this morning - He's been on countless news programmes across the world, some more extreme than others, just because he's spoke on them, does not mean he agrees with their editorial line and he even joked that other news outlets with their own wild conspiracy theorists, that they even make wild accusations about Mr Farage, that he was handed a memory stick from U.S President, Donald Trump and then on his return from the U.S - walked in to the Ecuadorian Embassy to give it to Julian Assange. I mean the whole thing is just completely laughable and very desperate, because we know the Brexit Party is going to do very very well on May 23rd and so they should because the majority of the UK, still wants to leave the EU.
Old 07-05-2019, 16:36   #2040
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It’s a close call which will come first - the heat death of the Universe*, or Brexit...

(*10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0 00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years)
Coincidentally that's the predicted number of years to go until T M next tells the truth in one of her statements.