Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2019, 12:34   #2821
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That's because you wrongly attribute Conservative and Labour voters as being something they are not. Why would remainers vote for a party standing on a Brexit manifesto instead of voting, say, Liberal Democrat at the EU elections?

Your interpretation makes no sense.
Your interpretation makes equally no sense. There was one clear Brexit option on the ballot paper. Why continue to vote for the Labour policy if you want to leave the EU?

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

Quote:
We are talking about the Labour manifesto, not the conference that was held after the election.
This EU election is based on the current party policy. Not the old one.

You don’t get to walk into the polling booth and choose your favourite manifesto in recent times.
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2019, 12:37   #2822
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Your interpretation makes equally no sense. There was one clear Brexit option on the ballot paper. Why continue to vote for the Labour policy if you want to leave the EU?
Why wouldn't they? As I said earlier, even if you discount all Labour voters, leave still won.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:39   #2823
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Mark my words. It’s the only way Labour and the Tories get to save face. I thought you’d welcome a further opportunity for this country to clearly demonstrate it wants to leave? After all we’ve done it so many times.
Sorry, rubbish, mark my words nothing - I believe in democracy and it already spoke in 2016. We voted to leave - you need to accept it that your side lost.

We do not keep voting on the same issue over and over, so you keep trying to get the result you want. That is not democracy.

You've lost 3 times now. Accept it, we're leaving.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:42   #2824
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Sorry, rubbish, mark my words nothing - I believe in democracy and it already spoke in 2016. We voted to leave - you need to accept it that your side lost.

We do not keep voting on the same issue over and over, so you keep trying to get the result you want. That is not democracy.

You've lost 3 times now. Accept it, we're leaving.
You equally said we would be leaving on March 29. It didn’t happen. I’m not going hold my breath on your biased analysis holding up this time either.

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Quote:
Why wouldn't they? As I said earlier, even if you discount all Labour voters, leave still won.
Only by leaving them to the side, not by attributing them to remain. Less problematic with the Tories but the same principle applies. Plus the millions who didn’t vote but would in the inevitable future referendum. I’ve not made any attempts to attribute these either way, and as I’ve repeated what’s most important is the people who didn’t vote but would in future.

This result simply demonstrates the country remains polarised. Which is fine, it ensures the chaos continues and gives Parliament one way out only.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:50   #2825
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You equally said we would be leaving on March 29. It didn’t happen. I’m not going hold my breath on your biased analysis holding up this time either.
You mistake me for some one who cares if you hold your breath or not. Because I know whatever you're going to say, you will be totally lying.

And if it had been left up to me we would have left!!!

So do not put that kind of bullshit on me, I am not in government. I have balls and I would have got us a far better deal and out of the corrupted EU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman
Only by leaving them to the side, not by attributing them to remain. Less problematic with the Tories but the same principle applies. Plus the millions who didn’t vote but would in the inevitable future referendum.

This result simply demonstrates the country remains polarised. Which is fine, it ensures the chaos continues and gives Parliament one way out only.
No - the country wants to leave as clearly demonstrated three times now.

I told you there will not be another referendum, not enough support in parliament for one, several votes on them have lost already - we are leaving and your side lost, stop lying.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:57   #2826
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Mick disagreeing with you isn’t lying. I predicted Parliament was going to extend. It did.
Old 27-05-2019, 13:00   #2827
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Mick disagreeing with you isn’t lying. I predicted Parliament was going to extend. It did.
Means nothing.
Old 27-05-2019, 13:05   #2828
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Means nothing.
Mick it’s staring you in the face that our MPs are going to steal Brexit from you unless it wins a second referendum. I’ve said it for months now and these results, May getting toppled and potentially a challenge to Corbyn make that more likely not less. They don’t want the blame so a second referendum is the easy way out.

You trust them even less than I do. Treasonous, treacherous, lying, all words thrown round this forum regularly - I don’t know why you expect them to deliver.
Old 27-05-2019, 13:25   #2829
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Mick it’s staring you in the face that our MPs are going to steal Brexit from you unless it wins a second referendum. I’ve said it for months now and these results, May getting toppled and potentially a challenge to Corbyn make that more likely not less. They don’t want the blame so a second referendum is the easy way out.

You trust them even less than I do. Treasonous, treacherous, lying, all words thrown round this forum regularly - I don’t know why you expect them to deliver.
Leave won again last night, Leave: 44% to Remain: 40% so out we should go.

We do not need a second referendum, though I would welcome one because we'd clearly win again going off last nights results and typically, you'd be so pathetic and demand another one and then another and then another if you keep on losing them all.

I keep telling you, there is not enough parliamentary support for one, the numbers are just not there.
Old 27-05-2019, 13:51   #2830
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Leave won again last night, Leave: 44% to Remain: 40% so out we should go.

We do not need a second referendum, though I would welcome one because we'd clearly win again going off last nights results and typically, you'd be so pathetic and demand another one and then another and then another if you keep on losing them all.

I keep telling you, there is not enough parliamentary support for one, the numbers are just not there.
Labour is shifting it's position on a referendum. They can't get a GE, so it's the only way to go. The Tory membership and their choice of an unelected PM will be irrelevant. Parliament and then the public will decide. It's becomes more inevitable by the day.

The only possible Brexit was Mays deal and Brexiters incredibly voted against it. They have miscalculated and missed the chance.
Old 27-05-2019, 13:53   #2831
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4152131.html
Quote:
A humiliated Tommy Robinson declared he “wants a second vote” in a bizarre video posted from his bed after he failed to secure a seat in the European Parliament.

In the clip, which is believed to have been posted on the Telegram private messaging app, the independent MEP candidate described himself as “dead to the world”.

He said: “I don’t accept the result of the election. I want a second vote.”
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 27-05-2019, 14:01   #2832
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

If he doesn't accept the result he's in good company .
Old 27-05-2019, 14:33   #2833
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Andrew Neil BBC political presenter views.

Quote:
Prediction: we are more likely to have a second referendum this year than a general election.
Old 27-05-2019, 14:38   #2834
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Probably because the Tories will do anything to avoid an election....
Old 27-05-2019, 14:40   #2835
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Labour is shifting it's position on a referendum. They can't get a GE, so it's the only way to go. The Tory membership and their choice of an unelected PM will be irrelevant. Parliament and then the public will decide. It's becomes more inevitable by the day.

The only possible Brexit was Mays deal and Brexiters incredibly voted against it. They have miscalculated and missed the chance.
You wish! Prepare for no deal on 31 October.

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Andrew Neil BBC political presenter views.

Quote:

Prediction: we are more likely to have a second referendum this year than a general election.
He's right. But obviously, neither will happen.
Closed Thread