Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Possible to have stand alone Broadband?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Possible to have stand alone Broadband?

Old 03-05-2019, 17:09   #1
ultimate
cf.geek

Services: 200Mb,TV FH V6 and Phone
ultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the rough
Possible to have stand alone Broadband?

Is it possible to have Virgin Broadband as a stand alone service without phone or TV? At the moment I have BB200 FH TV and Phone and I am thinking of getting rid of the phone and TV as I do not use it much, if it is possible any idea roughly how much the BB is going to cost me?

Thanks
ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2019, 17:14   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Possible to have stand alone Broadband?

Yes, it's possible https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bro...broadband-only
Old 03-05-2019, 17:58   #3
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Crazy way to do it.
e.g.
50Mb £37.00pm without phone.

50Mb £27.00pm with phone. You don't even have to plug a phone into the line.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 18:13   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

VIVID 50 Broadband + Phone is £44 a month - there is a 12 month new customer discount that makes it £27

Broadband on it's own doesn't currently have a introductory discount.
Old 03-05-2019, 18:27   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate View Post
Is it possible to have Virgin Broadband as a stand alone service without phone or TV? At the moment I have BB200 FH TV and Phone and I am thinking of getting rid of the phone and TV as I do not use it much, if it is possible any idea roughly how much the BB is going to cost me?

Thanks
as the others have eluded to the system is very backwards, it is going to be the same price if not cheaper for you to keep the phone and/or tv. I have had a bb/phone/tv bundle for donkeys years with three different models of set top boxes but none of them have ever been connected or used. We use the phone and BB from Virgin and have tv from Sky. We keep the Virgin tv on the package because it works out cheaper.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:54   #6
ultimate
cf.geek

Services: 200Mb,TV FH V6 and Phone
ultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the rough

You are right Maximus, thank you all for your inputs.
ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 00:01   #7
linwelin
cf.addict

linwelin is on a distinguished roadlinwelin is on a distinguished road

does that price include line rental?
linwelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:31   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I don't think you pay line rental with BB, only for phone. Either way though, whatever the advertised price is for BB is the only price you pay so if you do pay some form of line rental it is included in the price.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 21:24   #9
gunner45
cf.member

Services: TV Maxit TV with V6 box + phone, M500, VM Hub 3.0
gunner45 is on a distinguished roadgunner45 is on a distinguished road

Note that 350Mbps is not available in all areas, and that 500Mbps is only available as part of the quad play V.VID bundle.
gunner45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 23:22   #10
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I don't think you pay line rental with BB, only for phone. Either way though, whatever the advertised price is for BB is the only price you pay so if you do pay some form of line rental it is included in the price.
Can't remember if it was OFCOM or the ASA who decided line rental had to become part of the total price.

Anyone now taking BB from any ISP does not pay a separate line rental on top of the quoted price.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 13:53   #11
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Can't remember if it was OFCOM or the ASA who decided line rental had to become part of the total price.

Anyone now taking BB from any ISP does not pay a separate line rental on top of the quoted price.
ASA made the ruling, as they felt the separation of costs was misleading, given you would see a cheap headline price for the broadband, but would then be stung with the line rental.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote