Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 20-03-2019, 20:55   #166
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit (New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
May starting to abuse these 'address to the nation' moments now, say something new if you're doing that.
No this is pointing out to the population, that Parliament are headless spivs and need to stop looking after their own interests and start thinking about the nations
Old 20-03-2019, 20:56   #167
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

It was a good speech and i think the public will agree with what she said,watching these idiots squabble is pathetic and it's grinding people down.
Old 20-03-2019, 20:58   #168
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Would you like cream, ice cream or custard to go with massive slice of humble pie you’ve just ordered?
Come again?

That’s exactly what she just did.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

Quote:
Well your last statement is a bare faced lie
No it isn’t, it’s exactly as i said.

Where did i go wrong?
Old 20-03-2019, 21:01   #169
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
No this is pointing out to the population, that Parliament are headless spivs and need to stop looking after their own interests and start thinking about the nations
Preparing the population they might have to actually vote for this deal if they want Brexit.
Old 20-03-2019, 21:06   #170
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
It was a good speech and i think the public will agree with what she said,watching these idiots squabble is pathetic and it's grinding people down.
I predict the public will think exactly what they thought before.
Old 20-03-2019, 21:06   #171
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Preparing the population they might have to actually vote for this deal if they want Brexit.
That’s a stretch, which she just categorically rejected.

This was speaking to Parliament via a national address.

Not every one watches PMQs or are actively engaged.
Old 20-03-2019, 21:09   #172
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Come again?

That’s exactly what she just did.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

No it isn’t, it’s exactly as i said.

Where did i go wrong?
‘ i predict she will say to the nation, it’s the deal or no deal’

She didn’t say that at all, directly or indirectly as per usual she left plenty of room to manoeuvre if required

She’s also has just blamed the very parliament she needs to back her deal, parliament will not let her get away with that

I was going to say the only person responsible for this is May but tbh I’ve found myself detesting Corbyn after his antics tonight’s
Old 20-03-2019, 21:09   #173
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
I find it fascinating that in everything that has happened today, everyone has basically found validation of whatever they already thought would/should happen next.

Myself, I can see nothing in the speech May has just delivered that justifies the view that a referendum is on the way. The rhetoric about the weary public and it being “high time” politicians made the decisions are aimed squarely at the Commons.

I know you don’t like it but today, with the EU’s help, she’s called it. It’s time for MPs to show their hand. The game is almost over.
Old 20-03-2019, 21:10   #174
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
That’s a stretch, which she just categorically rejected.

This was speaking to Parliament via a national address.

Not every one watches PMQs or are actively engaged.
As we know Theresa May categorically rejecting something is not equivalent to it being an impossible future event.

So what does she want? People to write to their MP? Tell YouGov they like the deal?

I’m sure as many people see her words tonight as had she said them at lunchtime via the dispatch box given the wall to wall coverage Brexit gets. Was she on BBC 1, or ITV?
Old 20-03-2019, 21:13   #175
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I predict the public will think exactly what they thought before.
Most likely, likewise a 2nd Ref would probably fail as i predict the public think the same as they did first time round.

But this was not aimed at the people, it was aimed at Parliament and to show how pathetic, paralysed and petulant parliament is. (Must get a bonus for alliteration there surely)
Old 20-03-2019, 21:14   #176
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I find it fascinating that in everything that has happened today, everyone has basically found validation of whatever they already thought would/should happen next.

Myself, I can see nothing in the speech May has just delivered that justifies the view that a referendum is on the way. The rhetoric about the weary public and it being “high time” politicians made the decisions are aimed squarely at the Commons.

I know you don’t like it but today, with the EU’s help, she’s called it. It’s time for MPs to show their hand. The game is almost over.
I wouldn’t be so sure if I were you, after three years of twists and turns I’m sure there are a couple left.

If May goes no deal the Tories will be out of power for the next three terms minimum. Money talks ultimately
Old 20-03-2019, 21:14   #177
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
That’s because the only meaningful outcome from today is we will not leave the European Union on March 29th.

Quote:

The fact she’s talking to the population at all, along with advertising of her deal on social media, when it’s got nothing to do with us means she’s preparing for the possibility.

The game is only just beginning. Getting past March 29th is a huge psychological win for remainers who will be emboldened that the hurdle has passed. There’s no meaningful reason June 30th is any more than another arbitrary, and artificial, deadline.

The one way May can guarantee her legacy is to win a public vote on her vote vs remain.
Old 20-03-2019, 21:15   #178
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
As we know Theresa May categorically rejecting something is not equivalent to it being an impossible future event.

So what does she want? People to write to their MP? Tell YouGov they like the deal?

I’m sure as many people see her words tonight as had she said them at lunchtime via the dispatch box given the wall to wall coverage Brexit gets. Was she on BBC 1, or ITV?
You’re missing the point of the event.

She was talking to us but speaking to them (to quote Basil Fawlty). A public address on prime time TV gets everyone’s attention and gives the PM a PR advantage in the hearts and minds of the public. She’s cast herself as their defender against the perfidious Commons. But the substance of her address was a threat to MPs that it’s time to make the hard choice. We leave on 29 March without a deal, or at some point between late May and late June with the WA as agreed between the EU and HMG.

All the breathless commentary about the third, fourth and fifth options simply aren’t going to fly. The choice on offer is binary, and that’s all there is to it.
Old 20-03-2019, 21:20   #179
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
‘ i predict she will say to the nation, it’s the deal or no deal’
that’s pretty much how she left it, yes.

Quote:
She’s also has just blamed the very parliament she needs to back her deal, parliament will not let her get away with that
An impotent parliament that need pushing or dragging, screaming and kicking to her deal. All power to her.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

Quote:
Nut say hello to shell.
Old 20-03-2019, 21:20   #180
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I think it's about time they just accepted the fact that we're leaving with or without a withdrawal agreement.
Closed Thread