Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2017, 19:26   #3646
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I would argue there is a huge difference.
If I want to subscribe to premium content on pay TV I am forced to take a package of channels I do not want.
Those non premium channels have no incentive to attract me as a viewer because they are getting their guaranteed income from the pay TV provider from my subscription to a service I don't want.

With Netflix I choose to pay them my monthly subscription, if they don't produce content I want to watch then I simply cancel my sub.

For me Amazon is slightly different as I would have a Prime account anyway, but if you just wanted their video service then the principle I outlined above would hold true.

Further more I am not restricted to the pay TV operators propriety equipment in order to view OTT services.
Den can't see past Virgin media he dismisses a lot without actually backing it up.
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2017, 19:41   #3647
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Den can't see past Virgin media he dismisses a lot without actually backing it up.
l have criticised Virgin quite a few times but it seems your memory has done a vanishing act in a most convenient manner.
Old 26-08-2017, 20:21   #3648
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have criticised Virgin quite a few times but it seems your memory has done a vanishing act in a most convenient manner.
My memory is poor due to a head injury sir yes but time and time again you dismiss anything anyone says about other methods.
Old 26-08-2017, 20:52   #3649
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
My memory is poor due to a head injury sir yes but time and time again you dismiss anything anyone says about other methods.
l am not dismissing anybody at all so you need to be less precious just because somebody else shares a differing opinion from yours as life is all about opinion's at the end of the day..
Old 26-08-2017, 21:53   #3650
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
l am not dismissing anybody at all so you need to be less precious just because somebody else shares a differing opinion from yours as life is all about opinion's at the end of the day..
Don't get me wrong i value your opinions you are a great contributer to these forums, but sometimes you need to accept that times are changing.
Maybe i'm simply just mis understanding your posts.
Old 27-08-2017, 01:53   #3651
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Seriously, Den, we all have opinions, but just sometimes we need to back our views up with something that sounds credible.

Lately you have been dismissing so much as if it was hogwash, but there's no substance behind those strong views of yours.

You've seen plenty of links to back up what people are saying about future direction. Where are yours?

Old 27-08-2017, 12:21   #3652
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Not the greatest deals ever but I've just noticed Argos are selling the Now TV boxes with either a 3 month entertainment pass or a two month movie pass for £12.49 at the moment,
given the price rice of the entertainment package to £7.99 a month I think a three month pass for that price is an ok deal.
Old 27-08-2017, 13:07   #3653
theone2k10
Inactive

Anyone after a chromecast they are currently £19.99 in currys/pc world.
Old 27-08-2017, 13:16   #3654
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Not the greatest deals ever but I've just noticed Argos are selling the Now TV boxes with either a 3 month entertainment pass or a two month movie pass for £12.49 at the moment,
given the price rice of the entertainment package to £7.99 a month I think a three month pass for that price is an ok deal.
If you don't need the box then Cash Generators will give you a fiver for it too, at least the one in my town does.
Old 27-08-2017, 20:49   #3655
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
If you don't need the box then Cash Generators will give you a fiver for it too, at least the one in my town does.
I've got 5 boxes collecting dust here that came with the cheap vouchers I wanted, think I might take a walk down to the local Cash Generators tomorrow unless someone on these forums wants a 2nd gen Now TV box or two for gratis.
Old 27-08-2017, 21:41   #3656
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Seriously, Den, we all have opinions, but just sometimes we need to back our views up with something that sounds credible.

Lately you have been dismissing so much as if it was hogwash, but there's no substance behind those strong views of yours.

You've seen plenty of links to back up what people are saying about future direction. Where are yours?

You might well be right OB but your history on many threads has as much substance as a grain of quicksand.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

Links mean nothing as generally its just one persons highly subjective opinion on a subject.
Old 28-08-2017, 11:36   #3657
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
You might well be right OB but your history on many threads has as much substance as a grain of quicksand.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Links mean nothing as generally its just one persons highly subjective opinion on a subject.
If they are industry links, they are worth taking seriously. Blogs and stuff from some of the tabloids you can take with a pinch of salt.
Old 28-08-2017, 12:49   #3658
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Anyone after a chromecast they are currently £19.99 in currys/pc world.
Luckily, my Sony TV has it built in it's Android OS...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 28-08-2017, 13:14   #3659
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Luckily, my Sony TV has it built in it's Android OS...
Nice, i'm thinking of a Sony android tv as my next tv you posting this has just made my mind up i'm going to buy one soon.
Old 28-08-2017, 15:36   #3660
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Nice, i'm thinking of a Sony android tv as my next tv you posting this has just made my mind up i'm going to buy one soon.
It doesn't have Now tv, though, if that is important to you.

It does have a Kodi app, though, although I seem to have spent too much time on that achieving very little. Too much that I'd like to see that I cannot access legally.
Closed Thread