Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 11:34   #3571
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
They've certainly got a fine selection of channels. Almost all the main ones outwith the SKY branded channels.
At one time, the omission of the Sky channels would have been a serious omission in the channel line-up.

How things have changed!
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2017, 11:49   #3572
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
At one time, the omission of the Sky channels would have been a serious omission in the channel line-up.

How things have changed!
In your opinion , I watch far more shows across Sky Living , Sky One , Sky Atlantic and Sky Arts as we do any other pay TV channel. The Sky channels represent probably the highest viewing figures across pay channels and viewing has been on the up so clearly many don't agree with your opinion.

Don't let facts get in the way of a pay linear TV rant though.
Old 05-08-2017, 19:27   #3573
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
TV Player Plus have a cracking offer. Sign up to their service just now and get 12 months subscription for £48 using promo code tvpannual Works out at £4.00 per month. Seriously good value for what you get
If you pay for TV Player do you get better quality than SD?
I've only tried it on my Fire TV devices and I don't know if its the app on those devices or being the free tier of their service but the picture quality was severely lacking and not something I'd wish to pay even £4 a month for.
Old 05-08-2017, 23:29   #3574
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
If you pay for TV Player do you get better quality than SD?
I've only tried it on my Fire TV devices and I don't know if its the app on those devices or being the free tier of their service but the picture quality was severely lacking and not something I'd wish to pay even £4 a month for.
I've found the picture quality to be on par with Freeview. Not spectacular but not terrible... in my experience. It's acceptable. The catch up content is of better quality, which is how I'd watch most programming.

I suppose the size of your TV plays a part. I've used the service on a 27 inch Smart TV in my bedroom.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:21   #3575
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I've found the picture quality to be on par with Freeview. Not spectacular but not terrible... in my experience. It's acceptable. The catch up content is of better quality, which is how I'd watch most programming.

I suppose the size of your TV plays a part. I've used the service on a 27 inch Smart TV in my bedroom.
Ah, well, the p q is definately a problem.

Anything less than HD is not acceptable to me.
Old 07-08-2017, 22:29   #3576
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Netflix buys comic book company behind Kick-Ass and Kingsman

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ey-millarworld
Old 10-08-2017, 01:06   #3577
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

This is from a response to a email i sent to Hulu.
Hulu are very close to putting into place the final parts to launch a service in the Uk they are waiting on 2 broadcasters which they can not name right now but some are onboard, they are hoping to roll out beta testing in 2018 and will announce via their social media platforms when they'll be taking applications for beta testers.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:05   #3578
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
This is from a response to a email i sent to Hulu.
Hulu are very close to putting into place the final parts to launch a service in the Uk they are waiting on 2 broadcasters which they can not name right now but some are onboard, they are hoping to roll out beta testing in 2018 and will announce via their social media platforms when they'll be taking applications for beta testers.
Fantastic news! I look forward to seeing the content they will be offering in the UK.
Old 10-08-2017, 13:53   #3579
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Facebook is launching a new video channel called 'Watch'. Good news = it will be free. Bad news = it will be peppered with advertisements.

I don't think this is for me, but I can see a large swathe of the younger audiences going for the type of programme they will find on there. Not so sure how the commercials will go down, though - I suppose it depends how long the breaks are for.

http://tbivision.com/news/2017/08/fa...atform/783182/
Old 11-08-2017, 00:21   #3580
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Facebook is launching a new video channel called 'Watch'. Good news = it will be free. Bad news = it will be peppered with advertisements.

I don't think this is for me, but I can see a large swathe of the younger audiences going for the type of programme they will find on there. Not so sure how the commercials will go down, though - I suppose it depends how long the breaks are for.

More dross OB..
Old 11-08-2017, 00:24   #3581
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
More dross OB..
I know. I was trying to be positive.
Old 11-08-2017, 00:43   #3582
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Walt Disney to launch its own streaming services beginning with ESPN
Quote:
The Walt Disney Company will acquire majority ownership of BAMTech and will launch its ESPN-branded multi-sport video streaming service in early 2018, followed by a new Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service in 2019.
As a result, Disney will end its distribution agreement with Netflix for subscription streaming of new releases, beginning with the 2019 calendar year theatrical slate.
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/...g-ott-service/

Quote:
In a major strategic shift, Disney announced on Tuesday it would launch a sports-themed ESPN streaming service next year followed by a similar offering with Disney and Pixar movies and television shows in 2019.
While many analysts lauded the effort's long-term goals, uncertainty about Disney's ability to make up for lost revenue from Netflix Inc (NFLX.O) and other sources worried investors. Disney shares closed down 4 percent on Wednesday.
Most believe Disney needed to respond to the migration of viewers from pay-TV packages to digital options sold a la carte, a shift that has hurt the company's cash cow, ESPN.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-wal...KBN1AP1K2?il=0
Old 11-08-2017, 01:44   #3583
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Sky are going to be adding more channels to Skygo in near future (according to cs) Tcm is one that'll be joining along with misding freeview (except bbc) channels and remaining discovery network channels.
How true this us? We shall see i personally think the cs rep was getting mixed up with the upcoming Skyq online.
Old 11-08-2017, 20:01   #3584
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Sky are going to be adding more channels to Skygo in near future (according to cs) Tcm is one that'll be joining along with misding freeview (except bbc) channels and remaining discovery network channels.
How true this us? We shall see i personally think the cs rep was getting mixed up with the upcoming Skyq online.
Well if they don't get 3g/4g streaming rights then those who have the online only version will be pretty miffed, it'll be nearly as bad as VM TVnotEverywhere.
Old 11-08-2017, 21:53   #3585
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

According to Channel 5 'Watch' are also going to make home produced shows and bid for the football rights.

Let's hope it takes off as more competition for Sky can only be a good thing.
Closed Thread