Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2015, 20:08   #2131
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I bought a Now TV box last night, actually I bought a Roku 3 and while on the tube on the way home decided I didn't need all the extra stuff as my other boxes do all of that so returned it and got a Now TV. Must say the experience browsing with a GUI on the TV is much better then browsing on a phone and then casting.
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2015, 21:47   #2132
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

NBC app coming to Fire TV:

http://www.aftvnews.com/nbc-app-comi...mazon-fire-tv/
Old 22-10-2015, 21:52   #2133
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Worth knowing if you look around on ebay 3 month nowtv entertainment passes are going for £8.99 grabbed myself one yesterday seller emailed code today worked perfectly.
Also if you like pringles Tesco are 2 tubes for £2 and they are the promo packs where you buy two tubes you get a 1 day nowtv sports pass.

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
That leaves just CBS from the big networks in US then as FOX app is already on way.
Old 23-10-2015, 00:24   #2134
zantarous

zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Thanks for the ebay tip, I thought the £15 on Amazon was a good deal but £8.99, I already have six months worth of vouchers but I know where I am going after that.

Can you side load the US apps?

Also the 8GB storage on the Fire TV is now becoming a pain. I only have 500MB free even though I have moved most of my apps to a USB stick/
Old 23-10-2015, 00:50   #2135
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Thanks for the ebay tip, I thought the £15 on Amazon was a good deal but £8.99, I already have six months worth of vouchers but I know where I am going after that.

Can you side load the US apps?

Also the 8GB storage on the Fire TV is now becoming a pain. I only have 500MB free even though I have moved most of my apps to a USB stick/
Yeah you can sideload them but all you have to do is create a usa address on your normal amazon account and just switch one click settings to your usa addy in devices and content, and grab the usa apps you want then switch it back afterwards full guide here http://www.eyeondemand.com/2014/10/2...mazon-fire-tv/
regarding the storage sideload clean master (mouse needed) and run a cleaner once a week or so.
Old 23-10-2015, 22:30   #2136
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

WWE network added to USA tivo box. We dont usually get anything the american tivo box gets but i thought i'd throw it out there!
Old 25-10-2015, 22:21   #2137
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Yet another AMC show goes to Amazon for first run rights. Gotta wonder just how much value AMC on BT really is; not a lot in my view.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/10/amaz...-the-badlands/
Old 25-10-2015, 22:26   #2138
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Yet another AMC show goes to Amazon for first run rights. Gotta wonder just how much value AMC on BT really is; not a lot in my view.

It's already running repeats of stuff it's shown, it really is a poor channel tbf.
Old 26-10-2015, 20:39   #2139
zantarous

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

AMC are the Network, Entertainment One are the Production company behind the show who then have the rights to sell it overseas.
Old 26-10-2015, 21:10   #2140
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
AMC are the Network, Entertainment One are the Production company behind the show who then have the rights to sell it overseas.
AMC are also involved in the production , it's a production by AMC Studios and Entertainment One. Entertainment One have the International distribution rights however.
Old 26-10-2015, 21:37   #2141
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

Whatever the case, it is another AMC channel show going to Amazon and not to AMC on BT for the first run rights!
Old 30-10-2015, 14:02   #2142
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

The ITV Player has started showing an advert asking people to contribute to a survey about their opinion of their Player- as an incentive, they offer the chance to win an ipad.

I would love the opportunity to tell them what I think about their appalling product, but whenever I press the screen to take me to the survey, nothing happens- they can't even get that right!

Has anybody else had any luck with it (i've only tried with a tablet)?

Does anyone have a direct link to the survey (I can't seem to find one)?
Old 30-10-2015, 14:30   #2143
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

New product from Sky ?

http://settvfree.sky.com/
Old 30-10-2015, 16:05   #2144
blue666666
Inactive

Services: XL tv bb 200 mb tivo 500gb box
blue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to all

4k skyQbox? been rumored to be coming this or early next year

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/news/...-can-we-expect

SkyQ, Sky's 4K box: When is it coming and what can we expect?
Added: Wed 29 Jul 2015
News broke over the weekend that Sky was readying a new set-top box. The Sky+ HD box has been around for years now, so it's starting to look a little long in the tooth. So what will Sky do with its next box of tricks? Read on for everything we know.

This one is a dead cert. Next month, BT will introduce BT Sport Ultra HD, which will screen games in 4K (aka UHD) resolution. Sky won't want to fall behind its rival, so will surely equip its next box with 4K. That resolution has four times as many pixels as high definition, so films, sports and even TV shows – if it follows Netflix and Amazon and starts producing some shows in the resolution – will look fantastic.

More visual user interface

According to a source speaking to the Telegraph, the next Sky box will have a more visual user interface than the current one, which is a bit text-heavy. Apparently Sky is going for an "Apple and Netflix-style experience", according to the industry insider. Which makes sense. Netflix recently rejigged its website to feel more like an app than a series of linked web pages. It ditched the carousel, letting you click to horizontally cycle through batches of titles. Hovering over a film or TV show also brings up a gallery of images. Apple TV is very visual too, with nice big pictures and that unbeatable Apple user-friendliness. In comparison, Sky's menu is a dull blue block with the only image being what's on TV in the top right. Time for a rethink.

More recording power

The new box will let you record and watch "at least" four programmes simultaneously, according to the Telegraph's source. Which should hopefully put an end to arguments about what to watch. Not only that, it will also let you watch and record using other devices, like laptops, smartphones and tablets. Sky already has the architecture set up with its Now TV and Sky Go services, so this seems like a logical next step. And anything that stops us arguing about what to watch has got to be a good thing.

Learns as you watch

Like services such as Google Now, Sky's new box will learn your preferences, and suggest other shows you might like. Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant Video already do this, so again, it makes sense.

A YouView-style experience?

The source also claimed the box will blur the lines between live broadcast, recorded content and on-demand offerings over the internet. Much like YouView, in fact. People don't care whether they're watching on-demand, on catch-up or live, as long as they see what they want when they want, so it makes no sense to fence off different ways of watching into different parts of the interface. Searching across all different services using one search bar would be a step in the right direction, for example, rather than having to fire up iPlayer to search for an iPlayer show. If Sky can find a way to bring it all together, it'll make things much easier for viewers.

Name and release date

The box has been developed under the name Project Ethan, and will reportedly be called SkyQ when it launches. The Telegraph's source claimed it would hit the shelves within weeks, but a source close to Sky denied that, saying it wouldn't launch any new products in the coming weeks. Our money is on a winter launch, just in time for the busy festive TV season. It would make our Christmas.
Old 30-10-2015, 18:01   #2145
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

I'm not convinced it's the 4K box but what do I know.
Closed Thread