Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 07-09-2015, 11:21   #1351
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
Finally got fed up with windows refusing to go near the edge of the screen so googled the problem and now windows are nicely lined up at the edge of the screen.

What actually was the problem and how was it fixed?
Old 07-09-2015, 13:01   #1352
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Yeah! Circa 2006. It's that sort of board where the fan is held down by 4 cam-shaped thumb screws, one in each corner, which twist into a lock position
Huh... I thought that was the modern/easy type. Line it up, push the four pins in, done.

Did the "screws" look like this?

qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 18:51   #1353
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
What actually was the problem and how was it fixed?
Goto control panel > ease of access centre > make the mouse easier to use

and untick the box labelled Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen

If I lined up a windows with edge of the screen it would jump in a small amount.

I have just had to readjust a windows that wasn't in the right place so it may not be working properly.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 17:25   #1354
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I still use Firefox but a friend was using edge and liked it till he went to use something that needed flash and it refused outright to work.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 17:37   #1355
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Edge works fine with flash here.

Make sure Flash is enabled in the Edge options.
Old 11-09-2015, 14:16   #1356
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Didn't want to download Windows 10 to your PC and didn't even reserve a copy? ..........tough, Microsoft is downloading it to your PC regardless in reports.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/information...eserve-a-copy/
Old 11-09-2015, 14:30   #1357
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Can I sue them for data charges if I'm on a capped mobile connection?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 15:18   #1358
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Go for it!
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 18:21   #1359
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Lets hope they do not install automatically too.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:47   #1360
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has changed default browser from Edge and how this has worked. I still get a box asking me if I want to use my new browser every time I click a link
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:05   #1361
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

I use Firefox 40.0.3 Progers no problems with it.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:07   #1362
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by progers View Post
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has changed default browser from Edge and how this has worked. I still get a box asking me if I want to use my new browser every time I click a link

I use Firefox 40.0.3 too.

I had the same difficulty as you at first. Even though I changed the default away from Edge, when asked, I continued to be asked every time I started Firefox up.
To permanently change default settings for all kinds of apps go to SETTINGS.

Start > Settings > System > Default Apps

I now have Irfan View as my default for photos, WinAmp for music and CDs, VLC for Video and DVD. I am trying the Windows 10 default for Mail and Calendar. The calendar integrates nicely with our Google-based family calendar on this PC, but won't detect it on my son's laptop. Mail works a bit like an Outlook Lite. I will probably go back to Outlook.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:20   #1363
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by progers View Post
I never had a problem setting any browser as default, you do know you have to go into the settings to do it, then it should stick?

I get to the settings from the action centre but you can go from the Start menu also.

Action Centre/All Settings/System/Default Apps/Web Browser.... then click it and select the browser you wish to use from the list, same goes for any other app people wish to use.
Old 13-09-2015, 00:38   #1364
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I cannot get Windows 10 to activate on a new install.

Anyone have any ideas?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2015, 02:05   #1365
morrk
Inactive

morrk is just really nicemorrk is just really nicemorrk is just really nicemorrk is just really nicemorrk is just really nicemorrk is just really nice

Was it an upgrade to windows 10 you did? If so was it activated correctly? You shouldn't need to do anything if this was the case.

I've cleanly installed win10 on 2 machines after upgrade from 8.1 and they both activated without intervention.
morrk is offline   Reply With Quote