Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus (OLD)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus (OLD)
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 18:58   #6241
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Usual nonsense. As if he would've had any say in hiring developers for PHE. They were possibly hired before he came onto the "scene".

Too much hiring on the basis of bits of paper, rather than core underlying ability.
Do we actually know where the issue arose before we start analysing recruitment in the civil service? Various private companies have been involved in the Track and Trace project too.
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2020, 18:58   #6242
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

What really boils my pee are the idiots who cannot wear a mask properly.

Because we all know the Coronavirus will ignore an uncovered nose.

I won't say what I feel about non maskers, other than no valid excuse whatsoever, as I will be banned for life.
Old 05-10-2020, 19:06   #6243
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Do we actually know where the issue arose before we start analysing recruitment in the civil service? Various private companies have been involved in the Track and Trace project too.
Didn't you see, read, and comprehend, my link and quote?
The issue has been identified with PHE turning the perfectly ok text files into a spreadsheet format and using an old Excel file format(2003 or older) to do it.
The dilemma might have been using a format that most people could deal with. In that sense using an older format, might've seemed appropriate.
Link
Quote:
A worksheet in Microsoft Excel can contain maximum 1,048,576 rows and 16,384 columns. This limit is applicable on Office 365 and newer versions of Microsoft Office such as Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007. Older versions such as Excel 2003, Excel XP (2002), Excel 2000, Excel 97 contained a limit of maximum 65,536 rows and 256 columns. Classic Excel 95 and Excel 5 versions came with a limit of maximum 16,384 rows and 256 columns.
Old 05-10-2020, 19:06   #6244
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
If only we could get a track and trace system going.
Well I’m not downloading the app either.
Old 05-10-2020, 19:15   #6245
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I do enjoy reading resistance to the only way out. It's only prolonging the pain.
Old 05-10-2020, 19:24   #6246
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I do enjoy reading resistance to the only way out. It's only prolonging the pain.
Well, if you download that app, and then receive a text telling you to self isolate, no other evidence required, just a text.

You are then compelled by law to do as you are told, and you are committing an offence by not obeying that text.

Not the society I expect, or want, to live in.

A society where we are controlled by the government via text, and potentially arrested and charged if we don’t. If that doesn’t scream dystopian at you, I don’t know what would.
Old 05-10-2020, 19:38   #6247
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The alternative is having thousands of people who may have the virus going around. And that means lockdown. That's not a win in my book.
Old 05-10-2020, 20:00   #6248
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Trump latest

Quote:
"I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good!" he wrote on Twitter. "Feeling really good! Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!"
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates...ws-2020-10-05/

It would help if he ensured that others could get the 5star medical attention that he has recieved.
Old 05-10-2020, 20:01   #6249
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Well, if you download that app, and then receive a text telling you to self isolate, no other evidence required, just a text.

You are then compelled by law to do as you are told, and you are committing an offence by not obeying that text.

A society where we are controlled by the government via text, and potentially arrested and charged if we don’t. If that doesn’t scream dystopian at you, I don’t know what would.
You could move to North Korea, see how far that gets you. At least you have a choice here.
Old 05-10-2020, 20:04   #6250
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The alternative is having thousands of people who may have the virus going around. And that means lockdown. That's not a win in my book.
Definitive word being “may”

If the system was you are sent a text and you are advised to stay at home if you receive it, especially if you think you have symptoms. I would download it.

But because it is now ensconced In law and would be committing and offence by not obeying the text why on earth would I download it.
Old 05-10-2020, 20:13   #6251
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Definitive word being “may”

If the system was you are sent a text and you are advised to stay at home if you receive it, especially if you think you have symptoms. I would download it.

But because it is now ensconced In law and would be committing and offence by not obeying the text why on earth would I download it.
Yes - 'may' - it's a risk based assessment.

I'd prefer that to being told there are additional restrictions in my area and/or a lockdown - often for greater than 14 days - that bear no reflection on my personal risk based on my own behaviour or sheer bad luck.

I presently do have a similar app on my phone - from another country - due to spending time there recently and deciding it's better to have their app for a further 14 days so I can get notifications based on who I encountered there.

I could meet multiple households in bars, gather in large groups, stay in the pub after 10. It was all quite refreshing. Principally because that country isn't full of idiots who think they know better. So far it has told me I've had one 'low risk' encounter, based on either being for too short a period or at too large a distance. Sounds good to me.
Old 05-10-2020, 21:09   #6252
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
What really boils my pee are the idiots who cannot wear a mask properly.

Because we all know the Coronavirus will ignore an uncovered nose.

I won't say what I feel about non maskers, other than no valid excuse whatsoever, as I will be banned for life.

I wear one, but only if I'm inside a shop/petrol station etc etc
Old 05-10-2020, 21:37   #6253
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Well I’m not downloading the app either.
Quote:

Well if you don't use the app or provide contact details you will be refused entry.

Plus there is no link to you directly using the app. so if the app tells you to isolate it is up to your conscious if you do what it says.

If you chose to ay stuff you and carry on there is nothing that can be done.

I used it in McDonalds on saturday and the funeral home today.

Last edited by Hom3r; 05-10-2020 at 22:12.
Old 05-10-2020, 23:02   #6254
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0342BA47-1EE4-4C6E-B140-14C264722FE2.jpeg (65.8 KB, 73 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 05-10-2020, 23:34   #6255
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Ah - but how do they know who has received a text and thus can be collared?

My advice is at your risk.
Closed Thread