Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Films to see in 2020 / 2021

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Films to see in 2020 / 2021
Closed Thread

Old 19-10-2020, 22:17   #211
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Films to see in 2020 / 2021

I think films like Black Widow and No Time to Die will be the last to drop onto VOD. They won't be the films are risk from too many films being out in 2021. Films like Last Night in Soho and Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch will be more at risk from attracting a wider audience than the fanbase already built into those directors' films.

The profits are too much to turn down and it's still not clear how well these movies will do on VOD. Remember one purchase can be shared amongst many (a friendship group of 4/5/6 seeing it pays one time even if it's more than a cinema ticket) and it doesn't generate the same level of buzz and excitement an occasion movie does without that feeling of going somewhere to see it.

Last edited by Damien; 19-10-2020 at 22:41.
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2020, 22:42   #212
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

People were surprised that such a big film as Milan ended up streaming on premium VOD. So really anything is possible from Disney at this point.
Old 20-10-2020, 19:03   #213
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Back to the Future is in Odeon cinemas this weekend to celebrate the 35th anniversary. I'll defo be going, I was too young to watch films like this when they were first released so it is great to have the opportunity to see it on the big screen. You should check the listings every week, although I think they could be an awful lot more effort into it, they are also brining other films back like Rocky and Hocus Pocus.
Old 20-10-2020, 19:26   #214
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Cineworld had BTTF a few weeks ago. I've seen it on the big screen a couple of times recently. The 30th and 35th anniversaries. Same with Ghostbusters.

I used to love Cineworld as each month they used to show a series of classic movies. In the last 5 years I saw T2, Blues Brothers, Close Encounters. Blade Runner. From Russia with love. Among others.

I love being able to see films i was too young for on the big screen.
Old 20-10-2020, 19:40   #215
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I love being able to see films i was too young for on the big screen.
Me too and Odeon are carp at doing that kind of stuff and is what i think they should be moving full steam ahead on now.
Old 21-10-2020, 21:49   #216
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 06-11-2020, 19:59   #217
General Maximus
Ran Away

Flipping gutted, Free Guy and Death on the Nile have been pulled from their December release dates. I was looking forward to one good film this year.
Old 06-11-2020, 20:01   #218
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Pulled and no new date. Rather disappointing.
Old 06-11-2020, 21:19   #219
General Maximus
Ran Away

yeah, this year has been the worst year since in about 30 years for cinema going for me. The only three new films I have been to see are 1917 (which was only for the Oscars), Onward and Tenet. I have also been to see Jurassic Park, Back to the Future and Tenet. The last time I went to the cinema 6 times in a year must have been when I was 10 or younger. The sad thing is that I think this is going to roll well into next year and I don't see how the studios can keep pushing back films because as we have discussed previously, there are only so many new films you can push out in a given time period which people will go and see. Disney might want to hold onto the MCU films for massive releases at the cinema but I think they should take a serious look at putting Death on the Nile on Disney+. MGM even shopped No Time To Die for streaming but nobody wanted to cough up $600m for it.
Old 06-11-2020, 21:49   #220
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

The cinemas will go bust too if there are no films till March or so.
Old 06-11-2020, 21:54   #221
General Maximus
Ran Away

I can see the lockdown lasting 12 weeks until the end of January.
Old 11-11-2020, 20:10   #222
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 15-11-2020, 15:00   #223
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 17-11-2020, 20:35   #224
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Old 17-11-2020, 20:49   #225
General Maximus
Ran Away

I haven't seen Tom and Jerry since i was about 8. Me and my sister loved it along with Whacky Races, Road Runner etc.
Closed Thread