Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Xbox Series X - World Premiere

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

Xbox Series X - World Premiere

Old 09-09-2020, 17:01   #46
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: Xbox Series X - World Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
That leak didn't go too well then as MS have also revealed the prices officially now too.
Everyone has loved it though. I'm going for the monthly plan, it's awesome value.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2020, 17:32   #47
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Everyone has loved it though. I'm going for the monthly plan, it's awesome value.
I wouldnt say it was awesome value.

Xbox Series X - £28.99pm for 24 months equals £695.76. The console is £449. That means 2 years of Gamepass Ultimate is £246.76.

Xbox Series S - £20.99pm for 24 months equals £503.76. The console is £249. That means 2 years of Gamepass Ultimate is £254.76.

You can Gamepass Ultimate for around £100 per year. So it's more expensive than what you can buy now. At the end of last year I got a year of Gamepass Ultimate for £56 from Argos, so taking this deal means you can't take advantage of the cheaper prices as you've paid full price for 2 years.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 18:06   #48
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I'm not a 2 console household I wouldn't have time so it is PS5 only for me as they have the best first party games in my opinion, Never say never though.
Old 09-09-2020, 18:27   #49
cimt

EA Access is also part of GPU though so that is even better value for money now.
Old 09-09-2020, 18:50   #50
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Pre orders start for the new consoles on 22nd September and launch on the 10th November.

I have a feeling ill go for the series S. That price is just too darn good. Microsoft have also revealed that Gears 5 will run on the S at 1440p 120fps and 4k 120fps on the Series X.

That is utterly stunning.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:37   #51
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Stephen, are you still getting the PS5 and what will you do if all the multiplat games are included in GPU would you then play them on the S which is a console with only 1/3 of raw GPU power compared to the X and less than 1/2 compared to the PS5? Questionably not really next gen and we still don't know visually how they will compare on screen side by side.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:47   #52
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I think i am going to stick with my ps4 Pro for now. Although depends on the price

However the S may technically be 1/3 the power of the X. However it has the same CPU, it was specifically designed to run the exact same games with the exact same next gen features, just rendering at 1440p rather than 4k. The video from Microsoft yesterday showed some games running on the S and it has still got fast loading, quick resume and will be able to run Gears 5 at 120fps, which is what the X can do also. The S is no slouch. Its got exactly what it needs for next gen at 144ps. It also has a hardware scaler to upscale to 4k output. If a game is designed to run 4k@60 on the Series X then it will run at 1440p@60 on the series S. Its got all the power it needs for a lower resolution output

For the price it really is great. I would likely play multi platform games on the S

Last edited by Stephen; 10-09-2020 at 10:50.
Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:54   #53
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think i am going to stick with my ps4 Pro for now. Although depends on the price

However the S may technically be 1/3 the power of the X. However it has the same CPU, it was specifically designed to run the exact same games with the exact same next gen features, just rendering at 1440p rather than 4k. The video from Microsoft yesterday showed some games running on the S and it has still got fast loading, quick resume and will be able to run Gears 5 at 120fps, which is what the X can do also. The S is no slouch. Its got exactly what it needs for next gen at 144ps. It also has a hardware scaler to upscale to 4k output. If a game is designed to run 4k@60 on the Series X then it will run at 1440p@60 on the series S. Its got all the power it needs for a lower resolution output

For the price it really is great. I would likely play multi platform games on the S
Remember the TV needs to support 120fps to take advantage of it.
Old 21-09-2020, 16:53   #54
cimt

So Bethesda is now owned by MS. That means Fallout, DOOM, Elder Scrolls, Wolfenstein and a lot more are now gunna be exclusives in the future. No one was expecting that...

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-be...max-aquisition
Old 21-09-2020, 19:12   #55
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Means most existing titles will likely be added to gamespass as well.
Old 22-09-2020, 01:11   #56
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

This is not good for the games industry in my opinion.
Old 22-09-2020, 01:28   #57
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

How so?

I don't see Microsoft doing anything other than claiming. Game exclusives for a few months before the games appear on other console and also all Bethesda games joining game pass on day of release.

I cant see game like fallout only appearing on xbox.
Old 22-09-2020, 03:03   #58
cimt

Games being exclusive to MS is going to be on a game by game basis. The franchises that Bethesda own are huge, they won't wanna half the seperate the fanbase.
Old 22-09-2020, 08:40   #59
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I don't see why Microsoft would release these games on Playstation?

Playstation has been killing Xbox with their exclusives. Just recently Sony were buying up exclusive use of Spiderman as DLC in Avengers. They had also negotiated timed or complete exclusivity with some Bethesda games. They've been very aggressive this coming generation to have games that are only on PS5.

Why would Microsoft pay $7 billion to not respond in kind? If all their games are on Playstation but none of Playstation's games are on Xbox then why not get a Playstation?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 09:23   #60
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Microsoft have game pass. Stick them all on there and bulk up subs for that easily. Would probably work out better for them.

Either way Microsoft still make money. Take a game like Cuphead. Once an exclusive to xbox but also now available on the Switch and now PS4. More money in MS pocket.

They would likely do timed exclusives rather than taking total exclusivity. However they have said it will be a case by case situation.