Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 26-04-2011, 00:11   #1606
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: what game are you playing

Championship Manager 01/02 season with the latest data update. It's sad I'm playing a game that's now 10 years old however with the speed of computers these days I can whizz through a season within about 6 hours. The data updates I download are very detailed and up to date with the latest transfers and players.

I've tried all the newer version however personally I believe the series hit an all time high with Champ Manager 01/02 in terms of playability and simplicity. The newer versions are far too complicated.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2011, 01:24   #1607
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Operation Flashpoint Red River... really enjoying it up to now. Bit of a flawed masterpiece in all honesty though, looks like they've used the AI code from the original game and the graphics are a bit crude. Feels like a blast from the past.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 01:54   #1608
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Championship Manager 01/02 season with the latest data update. It's sad I'm playing a game that's now 10 years old however with the speed of computers these days I can whizz through a season within about 6 hours. The data updates I download are very detailed and up to date with the latest transfers and players.

I've tried all the newer version however personally I believe the series hit an all time high with Champ Manager 01/02 in terms of playability and simplicity. The newer versions are far too complicated.
plus the ability to add managers and control your opposition, which means your can basically sell yourself all the best players for whatever price you want!!!
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 09:51   #1609
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Operation Flashpoint Red River... really enjoying it up to now. Bit of a flawed masterpiece in all honesty though, looks like they've used the AI code from the original game and the graphics are a bit crude. Feels like a blast from the past.
I heard that ofrr is quite dumbed down compared to ofdr as the console players moaned it was too hard.
Old 26-04-2011, 12:10   #1610
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Killzone 3
Homefront - meh
Need for Speed Hot pursuit (still hyesterically good fun if you can get a decent lobby)
Old 26-04-2011, 12:39   #1611
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
If you didn't have to wait ages time and time again on those cut scenes at the start and end of levels it would have been a lot better. When you do get past that the game is quite enjoyable though.
Old 26-04-2011, 12:43   #1612
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
I heard that ofrr is quite dumbed down compared to ofdr as the console players moaned it was too hard.
Yes it is, mainly due to the seemingly unlimited healing system so it's a bit more COD-like in difficulty curve terms. There's still the hardcore mode for those who want more challenge. The squad system and co-op is brilliant though although it doesn't quite reach the heady heights of GRAW/2.

With you on the cut scenes there peanut, it's a very frustrating bit of lazy coding that.
Old 26-04-2011, 14:14   #1613
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Killzone 3
Crysis 2

Both in 3D on my new 46" Samsung tv they look amazing in the third dimension.
Old 26-04-2011, 15:45   #1614
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

look better on my 55" 3d LG's lol
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 17:26   #1615
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitze73 View Post
look better on my 55" 3d LG's lol
Maybe not my screen might be better quality :P
Old 26-04-2011, 17:54   #1616
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

i doubt it mine are the 55lx9900
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 18:13   #1617
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Mine is the LE46C750 and its a cracker. Was £1500 but I got it for £699
Old 26-04-2011, 19:19   #1618
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

I love driving games; but not track-based ones. Love the original "Need For Speed" series; ie not Shift, etc. Finished the latest, Hot Pursuit, a while ago but still keep going back to it.

My list for this year includes Portal 2, Mirror's Edge 2 and possibly Duke Nukem Forever.

Also love CounterStrike, but haven't played it in ages.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 19:30   #1619
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I love driving games; but not track-based ones. Love the original "Need For Speed" series; ie not Shift, etc. Finished the latest, Hot Pursuit, a while ago but still keep going back to it.

My list for this year includes Portal 2, Mirror's Edge 2 and possibly Duke Nukem Forever.

Also love CounterStrike, but haven't played it in ages.
Not tried TDU2 yet? worth a try now they've sorted a lot of the early bugs out.
Old 26-04-2011, 19:36   #1620
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Tried the original but couldn't get into it. Might have a look at 2 at some point but not too bothered based on the original.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote