Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2022, 15:46   #151
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

A deal for Nat Geo/Wild may have been re-negotiated with Sky/VM. The UK feed might be replaced with a pan-European feed, with all catch-up and streaming rights transferring to Disney+.
Advertisement
Old 18-01-2022, 16:13   #152
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
A deal for Nat Geo/Wild may have been re-negotiated with Sky/VM. The UK feed might be replaced with a pan-European feed, with all catch-up and streaming rights transferring to Disney+.
There is no source for that - it was stated by the rather questionable DS poster who also definitively said it was closing in December 2021, then maybe January and now February… I’m sure the goalposts will be shifted again in due course.
Old 18-01-2022, 17:42   #153
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
There is no source for that - it was stated by the rather questionable DS poster who also definitively said it was closing in December 2021, then maybe January and now February… I’m sure the goalposts will be shifted again in due course.
To 2035 perhaps?

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Still not appeared on Digital Spy Forum
I guess you mean on digitalbitrate.com. It won't show up there yet, it's service labels and SDT only at the moment. SIDs 2307, 2309 & 2313-2318 if you want to watch out for them on there - although only the England versions (2307 & 2309) will be active.

Quote:
Do you know if Zee TV HD is also testing.
I've not seen anything to say that it is. That's the sort of thing that would appear on digitalbitrate first, as a new service without a proper service name.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Media Boy can probably remember, VM may have moved the SD regions to 860s range when Scotland/Wales/N Ireland regions went HD on 101 several years ago, rather than remove them immediately.
I think they changed the internal ID of the 8xx services to match the old "nations" SD versions. It fooled boxes into thinking any programmes had been recorded from one of the 8xx services. An option that won't be available for the English regions.
Old 18-01-2022, 17:52   #154
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
I guess you mean on digitalbitrate.com. It won't show up there yet, it's service labels and SDT only at the moment. SIDs 2307, 2309 & 2313-2318 if you want to watch out for them on there - although only the England versions (2307 & 2309) will be active.
Yes I did mean DBR - my mind is playing up today due to putting my dog down yesterday (the last one). RIP (Say hi to your big bother and my dad for me)xxx

Here is the link for DBR so everyone can keep a eye on BBC THREE HD tests - https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...ve=209&lang=en

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

Quote:
I think they changed the internal ID of the 8xx services to match the old "nations" SD versions. It fooled boxes into thinking any programmes had been recorded from one of the 8xx services. An option that won't be available for the English regions.
Channels on channels 861 to 865 first appeared on Ex-Telewest in the early 2000's (Was not on network when my last dad joined in April 1999) But on December 4th 2018 Virgin removed them - just to reappear 5mins later when BBC One SD Channels outside was being remove from Channel 101.

All series links I has for BBC One Scotland moves from Channel 101 to Channel 862 that night. (I know the date due to my other dog being put down the next day).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 18-01-2022 at 18:07. Reason: Adding link
Old 18-01-2022, 21:29   #155
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I wondered if it was something like that. Thanks.
Old 18-01-2022, 22:26   #156
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The government is minded to abolish the licence fee in 2027.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Interesting approach - she wants to scrap the licence fee from 2028 and find a new funding model for the BBC, whereas in the real world if you were changing a business model, you research, agree and trial, and prove the new business model, then move from the old one; it’s almost as if it were ideological, rather than economic based…
Yeh, about that…

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/n...-fee-7zhv2jx9b

Quote:
Nadine Dorries backtracks from threat to ditch BBC licence fee

The government has pulled back from a threat to abolish the BBC licence fee from 2028 after Tory backbenchers claimed that ministers had failed to prepare alternatives.

Nadine Dorries, the culture secretary, confirmed yesterday that the licence fee would be frozen at £159 for the next two years. She did not, however, repeat a pledge to ditch the funding model altogether when the corporation’s charter was renewed.

Dorries, 64, tweeted on Sunday that this licence fee settlement “will be the last” but used less definitive language in the Commons, where she said that the BBC’s funding would be a matter of debate, adding: “It’s time to begin asking those really serious questions about the long-term funding model of the BBC.”

Dorries, who was admonished by Sir Lindsay Hoyle, the Speaker, for tweeting policy positions before addressing parliament, was repeatedly asked what alternative to the licence fee the government was proposing. “It’s not for me to decide until I have all the information,” she responded.

Pressed on whether the government would turn the BBC into a voluntary subscription service, Dorries said: “I haven’t mentioned a subscription service. I’ve said that we need to have a debate and discussion about how the BBC is funded.”
It’s almost as if it were raised as a distraction…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 19-01-2022, 00:01   #157
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

hahaha definitely used as a distraction and yet people again fell for it!

In regards to BBC One HD regional versions can someone clarify when it launches? I'll be due BBC North West HD and yet all i can see is articles from November saying its launched? I can't be reading this right? I may be being thick here so can someone clarify.

BBC 3 is 1st February isnt it so thats a bit clearer at least with an actual date
Old 19-01-2022, 01:49   #158
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media UK has just rebranded Paramount Network as 5ACTION:

-5ACTION HD is on Channel 150.
-5ACTION is on Channel 187.

---------- Post added at 00:49 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

Quote:
4 new services have been added for BBC THREE HD (versions for England, Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland). Similarly 4 new services have been added for BBC FOUR HD - one service for each nation. Presumably to allow different channel numbers for each nation. Channel numbers are added but don't appear to be the final versions. More info to follow.
Quote:
All BBC FOUR HD currently listed as channel 107, which makes sense initially if the existing service is temporarily transferred to the new services on the existing channel number. However, BBC THREE HD is also listed as 107 for England & Northern Ireland and channel 157 for Scotland & Wales. In which case, BBC FOUR HD will have to move from 107. Maybe to 108 if the BBC ONE HD regions arrive in time to move them to channel 101. Nothing conclusive yet.
Test has now appeared on Digital Bit Rate:

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...ve=209&lang=en
Old 19-01-2022, 06:23   #159
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
“It’s not for me to decide until I have all the information,” she responded.
Something she should have, perhaps, thought of before tweeting about abolishing the licence fee. Maybe she has an oven-ready deal?

---------- Post added at 05:23 ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 ----------

Quote:
Virgin Media UK has just rebranded Paramount Network as 5ACTION:

-5ACTION HD is on Channel 150.
-5ACTION is on Channel 187.

I'm not sure why but the name looks really odd written like that. Easily confused with FACTION?

Quote:
Test has now appeared on Digital Bit Rate:

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...ve=209&lang=en
Yes, I didn't think it would take long. I wonder if anything else changed, this morning's report should be interesting.
Old 19-01-2022, 12:43   #160
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
I think Virgin that time my series links moved from channel 101 to 862.

I forget as my dog was put down that day. His wee sister was also put down this morning.
I'm sorry to hear your sad news MB.
Old 19-01-2022, 13:05   #161
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

5ACTION certainly looks prominent in the EPG, partly because it's got a colour logo unlike all the other Channel 5 networks which are in white, but also because it's the only spinoff available in HD.

Hopefully in time 5USA, 5STAR and 5SELECT will be made available in HD too. As it's not needed, the SD version of 5ACTION could be switched to a +1.
Old 19-01-2022, 13:31   #162
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
5ACTION certainly looks prominent in the EPG, partly because it's got a colour logo unlike all the other Channel 5 networks which are in white, but also because it's the only spinoff available in HD.

Hopefully in time 5USA, 5STAR and 5SELECT will be made available in HD too. As it's not needed, the SD version of 5ACTION could be switched to a +1.
We may get 5USA HD and 5STAR HD when ViacomCBS deal is up with Virgin as both 5USA HD and 5STAR HD is broadcasting on Sky Glass.

5SELECT do not broadcast a HD Channel

Here is the list of channels we may get the next time ViacomCBS deal is up:

=== Own by Nickelodeon UK Limited (ViacomCBS Networks UK & Australia/Sky plc) ===
Nick Jr. HD
Nick Jr. +1

=== Own by ViacomCBS Networks UK & Australia ===
5 STAR HD
5 USA HD
Old 19-01-2022, 14:08   #163
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
We may get 5USA HD and 5STAR HD when ViacomCBS deal is up with Virgin as both 5USA HD and 5STAR HD is broadcasting on Sky Glass.

5SELECT do not broadcast a HD Channel

Here is the list of channels we may get the next time ViacomCBS deal is up:

=== Own by Nickelodeon UK Limited (ViacomCBS Networks UK & Australia/Sky plc) ===
Nick Jr. HD
Nick Jr. +1

=== Own by ViacomCBS Networks UK & Australia ===
5 STAR HD
5 USA HD
Are you sure about that?

Sky says that 5SELECT is available in HD on Sky Glass:

https://static.skyassets.com/content...osition=inline

So does TV Channel Lists, although that can be unreliable:

https://www.tvchannellists.com/w/Lis..._Sky_Glass_(UK)
Old 19-01-2022, 14:13   #164
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Are you sure about that?

Sky says that 5SELECT is available in HD on Sky Glass:

https://static.skyassets.com/content...osition=inline

So does TV Channel Lists, although that can be unreliable:

https://www.tvchannellists.com/w/Lis..._Sky_Glass_(UK)
My early post was using information from RXTV:

https://rxtvinfo.com/sky-glass-channel-list-uk-epg
Old 19-01-2022, 20:50   #165
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Is BBC One HD working OK for you on Channel 108 (England only)?

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/virgin-med...s-bbc-services
Closed Thread