Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The 2010 General Election Thread: Week 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The 2010 General Election Thread: Week 1
View Poll Results: The Cable Forum General Election Opinion Poll: Who will you vote for?
Labour 17 16.50%
Conservative 37 35.92%
Liberal Democrat 19 18.45%
United Kingdom Independence Party 4 3.88%
British National Party 11 10.68%
Green 0 0%
Scottish National Party 0 0%
Plaid Cymru the Party of Wales 2 1.94%
English Democrat 0 0%
Northern Ireland: Any Unionist party 0 0%
Northern Ireland: Any Nationalist / Republican party 0 0%
Northern Ireland: Any other 0 0%
GB-wide, any other party 2 1.94%
I choose not to vote 3 2.91%
I cannot vote 1 0.97%
Undecided 7 6.80%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 18:40   #1
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
The 2010 General Election Thread: Week 1

Welcome to the official Cable Forum General Election Thread. This is the place to discuss any and all political stories during this week of the campaign. There is an opinion poll - please use it to indicate your voting intentions. There will be many more parties standing for election than we have room for, so please make use of the 'other' or 'none of the above' options if you need to.

This thread will remain open for one week. After that it will be replaced with a new thread with a new poll. This will allow us to see how voting intentions change and crystallize as polling day approaches. The final thread in this series will open on the day of the election with an exit poll so we can see which party wins the seat for Cable Forum Central.

Please do not start any other political threads during the election campaign. They will be closed.

Let battle commence.
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2010, 18:45   #2
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: The 2010 General Election Thread: Week 1

And so it begins....
Old 06-04-2010, 18:49   #3
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am voting Lib Dem.

Labour have been in power far, far too long. Some of their bills, mostly the ones affecting piracy and freedom have scared me to death. The DNA Database, The Internet/Email History database are awful, awful things and on this alone they need to go. Their other mistakes, Recession, Iraq don't exactly help their case.

The Tories have opposed little of Labour's biggest mistakes. They failed to see the recession at all, same as Labour, and now expect us to believe they would have been different. They also supported the Iraq war. Basically their actions in oppersition are at odds with the government they claim they would be.

Lib Dems opposed the Iraq War and Cable warned of the recession while everyone ignored him.
Old 06-04-2010, 18:53   #4
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Conservative
Old 06-04-2010, 18:56   #5
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I am voting Lib Dem.
I suppose someone has to.

Some of the Lib Dem ideas seem OK but I can't shake the thought that if they did one the first cabinet meeting would go along the lines of.

"I can't believe they actually voted for us, none of these plans will actually work"
Old 06-04-2010, 19:01   #6
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I'm afraid I'm in the 'I have absolutely no idea who to vote for' category..and there's no poll option for that...
Old 06-04-2010, 19:02   #7
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
I suppose someone has to.

Some of the Lib Dem ideas seem OK but I can't shake the thought that if they did one the first cabinet meeting would go along the lines of.

"I can't believe they actually voted for us, none of these plans will actually work"
I think this is a false logic though. Government is about decisions and judgment, they will have civil servants well versed in the administration of government. How many of the Tory front bench have experience of cabinet work and those that have some experience (i.e Junior minsters) will have been out of that role for 13 or so years now.

As a party I think the Liberal Democrats have shown the best judgment in Parliament and so I shall be voting for them
Old 06-04-2010, 19:21   #8
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think this is a false logic though. Government is about decisions and judgment, they will have civil servants well versed in the administration of government. How many of the Tory front bench have experience of cabinet work and those that have some experience (i.e Junior minsters) will have been out of that role for 13 or so years now.

As a party I think the Liberal Democrats have shown the best judgment in Parliament and so I shall be voting for them
I can never vote Lib Dems as i cannot trust them to stand up for this country in time of need, They are the sort of party that will roll over and sell us out so they don't have to get in a argument. One of there policies is to take us straight into the Euro is it not ??

BTW

Conservative all the way for me

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Old 06-04-2010, 19:27   #9
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

After working for a Lib Dem led Council I don't think i'd want them running the country.
Old 06-04-2010, 19:31   #10
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I'm afraid I'm in the 'I have absolutely no idea who to vote for' category..and there's no poll option for that...
Look again.
Old 06-04-2010, 19:31   #11
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
After working for a Lib Dem led Council I don't think i'd want them running the country.
Dont worry there is more chance of seeing the devil ice skating in hell than of the Lib Dem's winning the election

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Old 06-04-2010, 19:35   #12
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Labour

Would have been Conservative but Cameron is a slimy ****
Old 06-04-2010, 19:39   #13
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

See that's the thing - I've not yet been convinced that ANY of them are actually worth voting for.
Old 06-04-2010, 19:40   #14
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
See that's the thing - I've not yet been convinced that ANY of them are actually worth voting for.
Now that's a motion I could vote for
Old 06-04-2010, 19:48   #15
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Just remember. there is absolutely no way that Nick Griffin will move into number 10 anytime this year
Closed Thread