Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Updated: Boris resigns as party leader
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 09:04   #61
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Owen Paterson: Anger as Tory MP avoids suspension in rule shake-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I suspect a large percentage of the public will not really care about a party that may (or may not) have happened 12 or so months ago.

In fact most are probably fed up of the constant media attention of something that really doesnt affect them at all.

I know I am, and dont care about it at all - did they or didnt they, either way it will have zero effect on my day to day life.

I had my Christmas then, pretty much the same as all previous ones (and the same again this year). The Turkey is in the freezer, waiting, and the family is invited (and coming).

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

You are not (see above).
The party isn’t the issue, it’s the potential breaching of rules yet again by the government whose members have been flagrantly breaching rules for the past eighteen to twenty four months.

That should concern us all surely ? Unless of course it doesn’t matter how those people behave ?
Old 09-12-2021, 12:03   #62
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: That No.10 Christmas Party

Quote:
Quote from The Sun:
Boris Johnson and wife Carrie have today welcomed their second child after she gave birth to a baby girl.

The couple announced the 33-year-old was pregnant again in July with an adorable Instagram snap of a pram.

It came just two months after they secretly wed in Westminster Cathedral on May 29, 2021.

A statement released today said: "Prime Minister Boris Johnson and wife Carrie have announced “the birth of a healthy baby girl at a London hospital earlier today.

"Both mother and daughter are doing very well. The couple would like to thank the brilliant NHS maternity team for all their care and support."

It is understood Boris, 57, was with Carrie throughout the birth.
That's timed conveniently.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:09   #63
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I suspect a large percentage of the public will not really care about a party that may (or may not) have happened 12 or so months ago.

In fact most are probably fed up of the constant media attention of something that really doesnt affect them at all.

I know I am, and dont care about it at all - did they or didnt they, either way it will have zero effect on my day to day life.

I had my Christmas then, pretty much the same as all previous ones (and the same again this year). The Turkey is in the freezer, waiting, and the family is invited (and coming).
The trouble is this does affect people. As we saw yesterday, Johnson strove to distract from the party by announcing further restrictions.

No 10 has repeatedly insisted it would not have enough evidence about the Omicron variant until next week to decide if new restrictions were needed. And only this Tuesday Raab had said “We don’t think Plan B is required.”
Old 09-12-2021, 12:46   #64
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

I think a large percentage of people do care.

It's the double standard, the hypocrisy and the 'one rule for them, another for us' that upsets people. It's the same reason why the Barnard Castle story had an impact. People expect politicians to be a bit corrupt and dishonest but the feeling of unfairness really angers people.

You had your Christmas, fine, but this same Government had passed laws that could have you seen prosecuted for inviting people. There are people now awaiting court cases for breaching social distancing laws last Christmas. Videos of police breaking up parties. Students were fined £10,000 for having a student party during the lockdown. Yet some of the people who worked on those laws had their own party.

Those people will still end up with criminal records, those students will not be refunded their fines and you're lack of interest in the Government having a party would not have stopped the Government being very interested in you having a party use the law to prosecute for it.

It really doesn't matter what side of the argument you're on when it comes to if those regulations were reasonable or not. What matters is the Government thought they were for you but not for them.

I have said it before. Brexit or Remain, Tory or Labour, us pleps have more in common with each other than the politicians who claim to represent our side because those politicians will screw you and me over to further their own needs any change they get.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:49   #65
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The trouble is this does affect people. As we saw yesterday, Johnson strove to distract from the party by announcing further restrictions.

No 10 has repeatedly insisted it would not have enough evidence about the Omicron variant until next week to decide if new restrictions were needed. And only this Tuesday Raab had said “We don’t think Plan B is required.”
Exactly. The obfuscation and misdirection machinery has kicked in to full swing once again. However a Savantacomres poll shows 54% think he should resign including a third of Conservative responders, so people clearly do care about law makers being law breakers whenever it occured.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:50   #66
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

What Damien said…

And the fact that people couldn’t visit relatives/friends in Care Homes & Hospitals because of the rules that were implemented (and ignored, seemingly, by those who set the rules), has really pissed a lot of people off.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:51   #67
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think a large percentage of people do care.

It's the double standard, the hypocrisy and the 'one rule for them, another for us' that upsets people. It's the same reason why the Barnard Castle story had an impact. People expect politicians to be a bit corrupt and dishonest but the feeling of unfairness really angers people.

You had your Christmas, fine, but this same Government had passed laws that could have you seen prosecuted for inviting people. There are people now awaiting court cases for breaching social distancing laws last Christmas. Videos of police breaking up parties. Students were fined £10,000 for having a student party during the lockdown. Yet some of the people who worked on those laws had their own party.

Those people will still end up with criminal records, those students will not be refunded their fines and you're lack of interest in the Government having a party would not have stopped the Government being very interested in you having a party use the law to prosecute for it.

It really doesn't matter what side of the argument you're on when it comes to if those regulations were reasonable or not. What matters is the Government thought they were for you but not for them.

I have said it before. Brexit or Remain, Tory or Labour, us pleps have more in common with each other than the politicians who claim to represent our side because those politicians will screw you and me over to further their own needs any change they get.
Spot on.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:56   #68
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Exactly. United we stand, divided we fall. Every time someone mentions someone is a Leaver or Remainer, just remember the trap they've fallen into and avoid falling into it yourself.
Old 09-12-2021, 13:40   #69
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I'm pretty sure that the best way to resolve an issue you have with the Government is to keep posting about it on a forum, twitter, facebook etc . .

alternatively, if you feel that isn't helping with your issue, you can complain direct

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ints-procedure

Quote:
How to complain
You can make a complaint by email or post.

You can send an email to publiccorrespondence@cabinetoffice.gov.uk or in writing to Public Correspondence Team, Cabinet Office, 70 Whitehall, London SWA 2AS.

We have a 2-stage complaints procedure. At each stage it will help us to resolve your complaint quickly if you can give us as much clear detail as possible, including any documents and correspondence and stating that you are making a complaint in line with our procedure.
If however, you think that complaining directly to the very people you're complaining about will get you nowhere, here are a few other alternatives:

*Glue your head to the road outside parliament.
*Climb onto a carriage on the District line, refuse to come down until you receive a full apology and £10k compensation.
*Burn effigies of Boris (attendance of local media is a must).
*Organize a protest march
*Write to the Queen and ask her what she's going to do about the corrupt people she 'employs'
*Wait until the next GE, and then vote for anyone but Conservative (apologies if this hasn't worked in the past)

hope this helps
Old 09-12-2021, 13:47   #70
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I'm pretty sure that the best way to resolve an issue you have with the Government is to keep posting about it on a forum, twitter, facebook etc . .

alternatively, if you feel that isn't helping with your issue, you can complain direct

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ints-procedure

If however, you think that complaining directly to the very people you're complaining about will get you nowhere, here are a few other alternatives:

*Glue your head to the road outside parliament.
*Climb onto a carriage on the District line, refuse to come down until you receive a full apology and £10k compensation.
*Burn effigies of Boris (attendance of local media is a must).
*Organize a protest march
*Write to the Queen and ask her what she's going to do about the corrupt people she 'employs'
*Wait until the next GE, and then vote for anyone but Conservative (apologies if this hasn't worked in the past)

hope this helps
Are you suggesting that the government doesn't look at political threads on CF as a barometer of public opinion? I'm shocked
Old 09-12-2021, 13:58   #71
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Are you suggesting that the government doesn't look at political threads on CF as a barometer of public opinion? I'm shocked
Not any more, no.

They did for a while, but then found there were 'political activists' who had realised that, by carefully posting subjective material, they could influence the way others posted and therefore bend Government policies their way
Old 09-12-2021, 14:00   #72
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Not any more, no.

They did for a while, but then found there were 'political activists' who had realised that, by carefully posting subjective material, they could influence the way others posted and therefore bend Government policies their way
Wow I didn't realise Mr Putin was a member on here
Old 09-12-2021, 14:03   #73
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Wow I didn't realise Mr Putin was a member on here
I'm not at liberty to either confirm or deny that, or the presence of Lizard people
Old 09-12-2021, 14:07   #74
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post

I think that's what you and likely a good few others would like to believe.

But the Covid announcement was indeed a necessary step, and, I believe, induced by the chief scientists.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

Quote:
I'm not at liberty to either confirm or deny that, or the presence of Lizard people
Harry Turtledove proved the existence of lizard people and how they saved the world against Hitler.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 09-12-2021, 14:10   #75
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I think that's what you and likely a good few others would like to believe.

But the Covid announcement was indeed a necessary step, and, I believe, induced by the chief scientists.
There were no new cabinet papers. It was driven by No. 10 I'm afraid Seph with no scientists to be seen.
Closed Thread