Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Picard

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Picard

Old 07-05-2022, 01:41   #316
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Picard

it's not creation of the story arc per se (e.g. Q) that I have a problem with, it is what they do with it once they have opened the proverbial can of worms. If they start something they need to make sure they finish it properly and do justice to the character and not do something like the flipping Arrowverse and say "oooo look at all these stories and characters we have got going on at the same time and there is no substance to any of it". You can throw all the money you want at the production and it can look great but without good writers and good story it is all style and no substance.

When you have only got 8-10 episodes in a season everything should be meticulously mapped and scrutinised to ensure you are making the most of the time and the entire story is fully fleshed out with no stone left unturned. The stupid argument which has been thrown around for the last 2 years with regards to streaming versus traditional programming is quality of quantity but with a few exceptions, I just don't see it, definitely not story wise.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2022, 13:54   #317
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
They could have done the whole story in at most a 2-parter.
Definitely not.
However, they could have cut it down a little bit, maybe what in total would have amounted to an episodes worth in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The Troy McClure “cameo”, hi I’m ********* and you may know me from…………… it was a good job they did that otherwise I’d have no idea who he was.
He was easy to recognise if you watched 'The Big Bang Theory', in which he made a number of appearances.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 23:22   #318
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

There’s a couple of Star Trek threads but I’ll put this here.

I don’t know if it’s been posted here before, but I am currently watching the first episodes of a Star Trek documentary series called “Centre Seat - 55 years of Star Trek” on prime. Free with ads. And it’s very good. Your welcome.
Old 10-05-2022, 00:59   #319
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Does it cover all the series and films and do they do interviews with the cast? If you like it you need to check out a documentary they did for DS9 called What We Left Behind. It was made by Ira Behr who was the showrunner. It is so good i wish they would do one of similar style for TNG and Voyager. If i win the euromillions tomorrow it us on my to do list.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:34   #320
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
It is so good i wish they would do one of similar style for TNG and Voyager.
For TNG they really already did that on the Season One remastered Blu Ray extras. Not sure if it's legally available on digital streaming though.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki...ext_Generation
Quote:
Stardate Revisited: The Origin of Star Trek – The Next Generation is a 95-minute documentary offering a look at the making of Star Trek: The Next Generation. It includes never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage, newly-found screen tests, and all-new interviews with the key creative personnel from the show, as well as the entire regular cast.
You also got the less sanitised history in Chaos on the Bridge

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki..._on_the_Bridge
Quote:
The documentary explores the difficult rebirth of the Star Trek television franchise and the intense battles for creative control during the series' first two and a half seasons, through interviews with the production staffers directly involved
But as neither DS9 or Voyager got the remastered treatment they didn't have the option to do any of that, and is the reason for the DS9 crowdfunded version.

So Voyager is also now getting a crowdfunded documentary https://voyagerdocumentary.com

Last edited by BenMcr; 10-05-2022 at 08:50.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:06   #321
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
So Voyager is also now getting a crowdfunded documentary https://voyagerdocumentary.com
Fantastic, that is how the DS9 one got made. I cant wait.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:06   #322
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Does it cover all the series and films and do they do interviews with the cast? If you like it you need to check out a documentary they did for DS9 called What We Left Behind. It was made by Ira Behr who was the showrunner. It is so good i wish they would do one of similar style for TNG and Voyager. If i win the euromillions tomorrow it us on my to do list.
Episode list is here.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1576673...f_=tt_eps_sn_1
Old 10-05-2022, 11:41   #323
General Maximus
Ran Away

thanks. I have got it and will be watching them all over the next couple of days. I'll report back.
Old 14-05-2022, 13:19   #324
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I am currently watching the first episodes of a Star Trek documentary series called “Centre Seat - 55 years of Star Trek” on prime.
finished watching and I enjoyed it although it is not what I expected. It definitely focuses more on the negative aspects of production of the entire franchise. I learnt lots of knew things though, especially about TOS and the movies which were before my time I really enjoyed the last ep though which focused more on the positive aspects.

I know I mentioned it above but everyone should really check out What We Left Behind which is a crowd funded DS9 documentary made by the showrunner Ira Behr. It is very much a love letter to DS9 and when you come away from watching it the only thing you are thinking about is that you wish you had the money to give them to make an eighth season.

The good news is that the team behind What We Left Behind are in the middle of making a Voyager equivalent so I can't wait for that.
Old 25-10-2022, 00:11   #325
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Well, just seen a scene in a trailer for S3 where Lore, is a participant!
Old 17-02-2023, 21:37   #326
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Well Ep1, not too shabby!
Old 17-02-2023, 21:48   #327
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yes, I watched it last night, looks like the final season should be good.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2023, 14:42   #328
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Fecking brilliant, and they closed it with the theme from ST:First Contact, which is one of my favourites.

Loved the MCU style graphics over the principal credits. I’m wondering whether there are clues in there as to what comes next.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2023, 14:53   #329
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Saul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Fecking brilliant, and they closed it with the theme from ST:First Contact, which is one of my favourites.

Loved the MCU style graphics over the principal credits. I’m wondering whether there are clues in there as to what comes next.
According to some of the online reviews I've read the whole episode is chock full of Easter eggs, including many in the end credits, some of which look like they foreshadow events to come.
A great first episode for the new season. I hope they can keep it up.
Saul's Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2023, 15:22   #330
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Yeah there were loads, including Picard’s flute from the Inner Light (S5, E25), the Enterprise-D painting that Picard kept in his ready room, lots of bits and pieces in Crusher’s lab are things she had in her quarters or sick bay on board Enterprise D, and for reasons not yet clear she’s listening to log recordings from The Best of Both Worlds and Encounter at Farpoint. From a universe-expanding point of view there are a couple of interesting developments, including the Myriad codec which turns out to be a ruse from an Enterprise-D mission never actually shown on TV (said to have occurred on Rigel VII, which was the main location for the original series pilot, The Cage, which was also never shown on TV), and the Hellbird virus, said to been deployed against the Enterpise-D by the Borg during the Best of Both Worlds (S3 E26 & S4 E1) though never actually depicted in those episodes.

From a design aesthetic point of view, there are some nice nods back to the Wrath of Khan/Search for Spock/Voyage Home films in costume (especially Crusher’s wide collared jacket), phaser design and even the rectangular nacelles installed on USS Titan-A, which is also said to be Neo-Constitution class (refit) vessel; in the movies Enterprise and Enterprise-A were Constitution class (refit) vessels.

Last edited by Chris; 18-02-2023 at 15:26.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote