Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 600mb tier rollout

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

600mb tier rollout

Old 15-10-2020, 12:33   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
600mb tier rollout

Im wondering if anyone is on this or yet been offered the option?

Thanks.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-10-2020, 21:50   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: 600mb tier rollout

Not heard anyone on this yet, you would think VIP customers would get 1GB anyway as there isnt much extra cost to VM on this tier
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 23:56   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

500Mb to 600Mb doesn't require new kit or DOCSIS 3.1
Old 16-10-2020, 00:13   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
500Mb to 600Mb doesn't require new kit or DOCSIS 3.1
They are handing out sh4s randomly allready
Old 16-10-2020, 00:25   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
They are handing out sh4s randomly allready
It's not random.

But the point is that all customers currently on Ultimate Oomph with 500Mb will be able to get 600Mb without having to do anything to request it or change their setup. It'll be an automatic change.

At some point in the future then a version of Ultimate Oomph probably will include a D3.1 tier of service,but not until the rollout is in most if not all of the network.

Last edited by BenMcr; 16-10-2020 at 00:31.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2020, 00:35   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It's not random.

But the point is that all customers currently on Ultimate Oomph with 500Mb will be able to get 600Mb without having to do anything to request it or change their setup. It'll be an automatic change.

At some point in the future then a version of Ultimate Oomph probably will include a D3.1 tier of service,but not until the rollout is in most if not all of the network.
Have had countless 100mb customers been sent them out, what a waste
Old 16-10-2020, 01:52   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Have had countless 100mb customers been sent them out, what a waste
Again, it's not a waste. Customers who get sent a Hub 4 are getting them because there is a customer and company benefit.

To ensure that it is only when there is a good reason and not a waste, Hub 4 swaps for non Gig1 customers is by targeted invitation only.

Last edited by BenMcr; 16-10-2020 at 01:56.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2020, 08:44   #8
jb66
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Again, it's not a waste. Customers who get sent a Hub 4 are getting them because there is a customer and company benefit.

To ensure that it is only when there is a good reason and not a waste, Hub 4 swaps for non Gig1 customers is by targeted invitation only.
Appreciate your opinion but I disagree. From speaking to the customers I go to they are not heavy downloaders, we're happier with their old hub 3 as had no issues and are asking to go back to what they had before as are having dropouts on the hub 4
Old 16-10-2020, 09:56   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

From what I understand the Hub 4 is being targeted in areas where putting customers onto D3.1 does help with overall network performance, or will do when the area is D3.1 enabled.

Some customers may not see any change if they are as you say not heavy users, others should see an improvement, and there is general benefit for both customers in an area and for Virgin Media's ability to manage the network.
Old 16-10-2020, 16:45   #10
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

My SH3.0 is one of the original White ones thats how old it is.

Touch wood aslong as it works im happy.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2020, 22:15   #11
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Same model of hub3 here alan, been good as gold but shame on the network being touchy.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 00:33   #12
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
My SH3.0 is one of the original White ones thats how old it is.

Touch wood aslong as it works im happy.
They are still being manufactured for VM Ireland:
https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-...lights-on-hub/
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 19:19   #13
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

My SH3 rebooted at 5.24pm today and when it came back it had upgraded to 690 down and 44 up.

Screenshot 2020-11-05 181846.png
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 13:32   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

nice, it is funny to see that 600mbits is pretty much 700mbits.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 13:45   #15
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

i noticed in the postcode search its saying 600 in green but after rebooting my SH3 and doing a speedtest it is still the same speeds as normal.