Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Windows 7 updates

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Security & Virus Discussion

Windows 7 updates

Old 26-12-2016, 18:53   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Windows 7 updates

I have reciently reinstalled windows on one of my PCs its windows 7 home.

I cannot get the windows updates to start. I remember someone on here posted some kind of all in one update for all the updates similar to a service pack i wonder if someone can post me a link.

Thanks.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-12-2016, 19:30   #2
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Re: Windows 7 updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post

I cannot get the windows updates to start. I remember someone on here posted some kind of all in one update for all the updates similar to a service pack i wonder if someone can post me a link.

Thanks.

Try this:-

Open the Windows Control Panel, and then click System and Security.
The System and Securitywindow appears
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 20:06   #3
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post

Thanks.
First you must have service pack one installed.

If not, go here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=5842

You then must install this servicing stack update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3020369

After that Just go here to get the latest updates.

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft....px?q=KB3125574
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 01:26   #4
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Thanks...

The updates only go as far as may tho...

Last edited by alanbjames; 27-12-2016 at 01:50.
Old 28-12-2016, 03:03   #5
alanbjames
R.I.P.

These programs didnt work.

The first one just sat there looking for updates for over 4hrs and did nothing.

Second one says not applicable to the pc.
Old 05-01-2017, 17:17   #6
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

if you dont have sp1 first go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=5842
to update to SP1
then
Set allows you to update Windows 7 SP1 (x86 x64) and Server 2008 R2 SP1 live operating systems, as well as integrate the updates in the distribution (Install.wim). Can be installed on any language. Includes all critical, recommended, and security updates and updates for all versions of Internet Explore

then use this from
http://forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html

UpdatePack7R2 to upgrade Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2 SP1

https://mega.nz/#!SRZHVbhD!aJCJa0rZK...2YbvL5gI_ewA8E

Last edited by vanman; 05-01-2017 at 17:23.
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote