Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hub 3 Modem Mode base LED Magenta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Hub 3 Modem Mode base LED Magenta

Old 22-06-2018, 17:00   #1
Oldie
Inactive

Oldie is an unknown quantity at this point
Hub 3 Modem Mode base LED Magenta

Dear Forum Team

I posted a "New Post" last night (21 June 2018) which did not appear. I don't quite know what I did wrong and am not sure if this one will appear.

My question was regarding the Hub 3.0 Base LED in Modem Mode. After searching further I have found that the colour should be Magenta. My Hub 3.0 is therefore working perfectly.

Sorry for any duplication this may cause.

Regards
Oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2018, 20:55   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Hub 3 Modem Mode base LED Magenta

Mine is Magenta which means you are in cable modem mode.

I think White is in normal router mode.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 13:44   #3
Oldie
Inactive

Oldie is an unknown quantity at this point

ozsat

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond. I've a lifetime for experiencing the fact that when I discover the answer it seems blatantly obvious. In my gloomy little computer room at the end of the day the Hub 3 base LED did appear dark-pink, reddish. When I checked the Virgin Media help pages it states that red means the router is too hot. That's why I attempted a post. Nothing on that particular VM page about modem-mode/magenta. On further searching I came across a post on the Virgin Media community help forum that mentioned magenta in modem mode. I should have searched a little longer. In the bright morning light the base LED does indeed appear more magenta than reddish. My old Super Hub 1 had a purple face light when in modem mode. I only use the Hub 3 in modem mode as I have a wireless router connected to an unmanaged Ethernet switch that suit my needs a little more comprehensively. My router has a guest network option which the old Super Hub did not, although I notice the new Hub 3 has. I've always been very pleased with the hardware and service I've received from VM.

Regards
Oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 00:36   #4
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

My hub has been in modem mode from day 1 and it's been a variety of different lights whilst working fine.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 09:03   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Mine has only even been in modem mode and has always been magenta
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 14:47   #6
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Magenta for modem mode, white for normal router mode and green for when it's having issues or not locked to the network.

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote