Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 20-10-2016, 13:12   #5506
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Pea-Pod is on a distinguished roadPea-Pod is on a distinguished road
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

I'm having a few issues with my BB output, it's has though a page will hang for about 5-10 seconds before then quickly downloading all the required info. Sometimes when I'm listening to online radio (TMS for example it will stop and pick up again)...

I don't think there's much wrong showing here...

..but I did notice it being a lot slower during peak time last night, which I think it to be expected.

Another thing since I changed my Superhub to 'Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP' the IP address on my Tivo has changed from a 192.***.*.* to now 169.***.***.*** and I cannot not control the Tivo using the mobile app or VM TiVo Net Remote for my PC.

I'm presuming it's since I updated my superhub settings because I was able to use the app to remotely control the TiVO prior to that change.

I notice the TiVo network settings has an option for creating a static IP address but did not want to mess with this until I know for sure this is what I need to do, as my IP was static before at 192.***.*.*

Any ideas to get the app working again, or is it just a matter or unticking the superhub Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP option.
Pea-Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-10-2016, 13:55   #5507
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The fault has persisted for over a year. I have been reporting it via the forum for over a year also. Reports with graphs from www.thinkbroadband.com, as well as superhub log files.

Several attempts to rectify the fault have been attempted with no final successful repair.

Even contacting the CEO had no effect, and on that occasion it appears VM tried to contact me via telepathy. Being unable to receive such attempts, it was deemed the fault was cleared and therefore it was closed.

Being a VM pensioner from the technical side, I understand how such intermittent faults are to diagnose and repair. I have been very patient. But even my patience has begun to wear thin.

A concerted effort by all parts of the VM structure is needed to rectify this situation. Please.
From Jen-A on VM forum

Quote:
I have an update from the network engineers who were very quick to investigate this matter.

They discovered some network errors linked back to a couple of card slots which have now been reset.
Almost 3 weeks and the fault (F004784782) appears to have been fixed after over a year of reporting it. :-)

Time to contact the CEO's office and see if "lessons have been learnt".
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 15:30   #5508
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-Pod View Post
Another thing since I changed my Superhub to 'Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP' the IP address on my Tivo has changed from a 192.***.*.* to now 169.***.***.*** and I cannot not control the Tivo using the mobile app or VM TiVo Net Remote for my PC.

I'm presuming it's since I updated my superhub settings because I was able to use the app to remotely control the TiVO prior to that change.

I notice the TiVo network settings has an option for creating a static IP address but did not want to mess with this until I know for sure this is what I need to do, as my IP was static before at 192.***.*.*

Any ideas to get the app working again, or is it just a matter or unticking the superhub Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP option.

Edit: The above has now been resolved, it was a simple case of the Ethernet cable becoming unplugged. Although I'm still having issues with my BB speed/downloads hanging/freezing.
Old 20-10-2016, 18:37   #5509
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

ja, just a few things to clarify for the future dude:

A 192.168.x.x address is a local address assigned by the router. Even if you haven't got internet access, the fact that you have got a local address means the router is up and running and you are connected to your local area network and will be able to communicate with other devices on the network (e.g. stream content from a server to a tv). When a device gets a 169.254.x.x address that is a private address (APIPA) which the device itself assigns to make itself feel better so it thinks it has an ip address and when this happens you have no network connectivity at all. From a troubleshooting perspective you would firstly look at the router to see if it is up, then look at other devices to see if their network connection is up (and if it is) then you start looking at the one device which isn't connected and check cables, network settings etc.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 08:12   #5510
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Appears as though it might be peak usage slowdown I'm experiencing. I'm using the internet now 6am and it's flying, pages are loading instantly. Maybe the demand is just getting too much for Virgin to handle at peak times. I've noticed a considerable decline in the user experience when browsing t'net at peak times.

Old 28-10-2016, 12:52   #5511
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Is the peering bump coming back?

Tuesday 25/10/2016

Wednesday 26/10/2016

Thursday 27/10/2016
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 15:46   #5512
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Nothing showing here.

Old 31-10-2016, 14:14   #5513
blue166
Inactive

blue166 will become famous soon enoughblue166 will become famous soon enoughblue166 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Nothing showing here.

Hey, Can I ask what part of the LANC network you are on? I used to be on LANC6 and had nothing but trouble. - IP Chicken will tell you on an IP check.
blue166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 14:45   #5514
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue166 View Post
Hey, Can I ask what part of the LANC network you are on? I used to be on LANC6 and had nothing but trouble. - IP Chicken will tell you on an IP check.
cpc81481-lanc8-2-0-cust193.3-3.cable.virginm.net

I'm in north Worthing near Lyons Farm. They did quite a bit of work over the past year as we used to get a big hump in the evenings and a lot of general yellow grass.
Old 03-11-2016, 14:26   #5515
blue166
Inactive

blue166 will become famous soon enoughblue166 will become famous soon enoughblue166 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
cpc81481-lanc8-2-0-cust193.3-3.cable.virginm.net

I'm in north Worthing near Lyons Farm. They did quite a bit of work over the past year as we used to get a big hump in the evenings and a lot of general yellow grass.
Yes it used to be terrible. I am near Brooklands towards the seafront and the connection was awful for a very long time and evenings was just unusable. I am now on FTTC. But always looking around. I campaigned long and hard with VM to get the mess sorted out. I am glad they introduced LANC8 and LANC9.

That monitor looks a whole lot better then what I was used to with VM.
blue166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 21:34   #5516
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

We just lost all internet for a while after 8pm... odd message in the log...

03/11/2016 20:30:55 GMT 03/11/2016 20:30:55 GMT Warning (5) 90000200 CSRF Detect - Expired Content Submitted ; LAN Interface
03/11/2016 20:30:24 GMT 03/11/2016 20:30:24 GMT Error (4) 68000407 TOD established
Time Not Established Time Not Established Notice (6) 84000510 Downstream Locked Successfully
03/11/2016 20:24:13 GMT 03/11/2016 20:24:13 GMT Critical (3) 82000400 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out
03/11/2016 20:24:13 GMT 03/11/2016 20:24:13 GMT Critical (3) 82000400 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out
03/11/2016 20:23:27 GMT 03/11/2016 20:23:27 GMT Error (4) 83000302 Service Delete rejected - Service flow not found

Last edited by Taf; 03-11-2016 at 21:38.
Old 03-11-2016, 21:42   #5517
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

You might want to chheck in the operational config if your service flow IDs have changed. Or have the number of upstream channels risen?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:37   #5518
Taf
cf.mega poster

Whoa! I've never had graphs like that before, either side of a disconnect (around 8:30 pm)....

[img][/img]

Upstream look odd..

Upstream US-1 US-2 US-3 US-4
Channel Type 2.0 N/A N/A 2.0
Channel ID 34 N/A N/A 35
Frequency (Hz) 39400000 N/A N/A 32600000
Ranging Status Success Other Other Success
Modulation 64QAM N/A N/A 64QAM
Symbol Rate (Sym/sec) 5120000 N/A N/A 5120000
Mini-Slot Size 4 N/A N/A 4
Power Level (dBmV) 44.00 N/A N/A 43.50
Old 04-11-2016, 14:17   #5519
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Whoa! I've never had graphs like that before, either side of a disconnect (around 8:30 pm)....

Upstream look odd..

Upstream US-1 US-2 US-3 US-4
Channel Type 2.0 N/A N/A 2.0
Channel ID 34 N/A N/A 35
Frequency (Hz) 39400000 N/A N/A 32600000
Ranging Status Success Other Other Success
Modulation 64QAM N/A N/A 64QAM
Symbol Rate (Sym/sec) 5120000 N/A N/A 5120000
Mini-Slot Size 4 N/A N/A 4
Power Level (dBmV) 44.00 N/A N/A 43.50
The upstreams look normal to me. Were you on 64QAM before the outage?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 16:16   #5520
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The upstreams look normal to me. Were you on 64QAM before the outage?
AFAIK , yes.