Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Changelog

Old 09-07-2013, 00:06   #901
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

As of Today (08/07/13):

CHANNELS CLOSE:
-BBC RB 2 and BBC RB 3 has now close on Virgin Channels 992 and 993.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2013, 06:28   #902
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Ginx is now on 286
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 14:52   #903
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

As of Today (11/07/13):

CHANNEL REMOVED:
-Blighty has now been removed from Virgin Channel 206.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21   #904
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

As of Today (01/08/13):

ESPN CHANNELS CLOSES:
-ESPN has close on Virgin Channel 529.
-ESPN HD has close on Virgin Channel 530.
-ESPN America has close on Virgin Channel 531.
-ESPN Classic has close on Virgin Channel 533.
Old 07-08-2013, 18:19   #905
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

As of Today (07/08/13):

SOME ESPN CHANNELS REMOVE FROM VIRGIN EPG:
-ESPN America has been removed from Virgin Channel 531.
-ESPN Classic has been removed from Virgin Channel 533.
Old 13-08-2013, 01:38   #906
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

As of Today (13/08/13):

TCM2 CLOSES AND TCM +1 LAUNCHES:
-TCM2 has close on Virgin Channel 417.
-TCM +1 launches on Virgin Channel 417.
Old 14-08-2013, 13:30   #907
mutant_rabbit
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL, Freeview (Crystal Palace), DAB Radio
mutant_rabbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Drama launched on Virgin Channel 190 on the M, M+, L and XL Packages.

Channels on the move:

-Watch +1 to moved from Virgin Channel 190 to Virgin Channel 125.
-Dave Ja Vu to moved from Virgin Channel 191 to Virgin Channel 129.
-Alibi +1 to moved from Virgin Channel 194 to Virgin Channel 131.
-Watch HD to moved from Virgin Channel 125 to Virgin Channel 191.
-Dave HD to moved from Virgin Channel 129 to Virgin Channel 194.
-Alibi HD to moved from Virgin Channel 131 to Virgin Channel 200.
-Eden +1 to moved from Virgin Channel 210 to Virgin Channel 209.
-Eden HD to moved from Virgin Channel 209 to Virgin Channel 210.
-Good Food +1 to moved from Virgin Channel 262 to Virgin Channel 261.
-Good Food HD to moved from Virgin Channel 261 to Virgin Channel 262.

As indicated on Digital Spy Changelog
mutant_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 13:44   #908
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Perhaps I'm being quite naive here, but I can't see any rhyme or reasoning behind half of those channel moves. It looks as though they're trying to bunch the HD channels together and the SD/+1s together but Eden throws that theory out the window I think.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 14:00   #909
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

It's a mess really, they should have introduced a remap feature where choosing a sd channel will actually show the HD version when the feature is enabled. Does sky work like this?
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 14:01   #910
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
Does sky work like this?
Only on some channels
Old 14-08-2013, 14:37   #911
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
It's a mess really, they should have introduced a remap feature where choosing a sd channel will actually show the HD version when the feature is enabled. Does sky work like this?
I think the problem with that is that not all HD channels are simulcast with their SD counterpart, sometimes the content actually differs (The BBC HD channels are a good example of this).
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 14:43   #912
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
(The BBC HD channels are a good example of this).
Were
Old 14-08-2013, 14:46   #913
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Were
BBC1 HD still doesn't transmit the local news bulletin, you just get a placeholder
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 14:48   #914
JackP
Inactive

JackP is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it just me or has Watch, Alibi and all other UKTV channels been moved to the M+ pack? As i can now watch these channels
JackP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 14:48   #915
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackP View Post
Is it just me or has Watch, Alibi and all other UKTV channels been moved to the M+ pack? As i can now watch these channels
Yes, they have