Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 11-07-2013, 01:45   #4171
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

World War Z - 6/10

I'm old school when it comes to zombie movies. I like real bleak end of the world stuff with plenty of gore and slow meandering zombies. I just didn't like the globe trotting grandeur of World War Z and never really accepted Pitt in his role.

If you liked 28 Days Later you'll really enjoy this. If you a more a fan of the Romero genre this might not tick all of your boxes.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-07-2013, 22:22   #4172
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Pacific Rim

Giant mecha versus alien sea monsters... but directed by Guillermo del Toro (Blade 2, Hellboy 1 & 2, Pan's Labyrinth, and almost The Hobbit).

Cheesy and predictable, but... awesome! Visually spectacular, great action, and lots of fun.

8/10
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 22:57   #4173
PISCES
Permanently Banned

Services: VIRGIN MOBILE, AOL BROADBAND, BT LINE, SKY TV WORLD PACKAGE
PISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathers

Final Destination (first)
PISCES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 01:32   #4174
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
World War Z - 6/10

I'm old school when it comes to zombie movies. I like real bleak end of the world stuff with plenty of gore and slow meandering zombies. I just didn't like the globe trotting grandeur of World War Z and never really accepted Pitt in his role.

If you liked 28 Days Later you'll really enjoy this. If you a more a fan of the Romero genre this might not tick all of your boxes.
II will probably enjoy this then
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 14:48   #4175
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

watched a few films last night,

Shaft (2002) 10/10

Premium Rush 8/10

The Saint (1997) 9/10
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 15:38   #4176
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
watched a few films last night,

Shaft (2002) 10/10
I watched that not long ago. Can't remember where I read it (so can't provide a link), but I read the only reason that it didn't get a sequel is that Sam Jackson didn't want to make one and he'd played the part so well that the studio only wanted him to play the part.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 18:08   #4177
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I watched that not long ago. Can't remember where I read it (so can't provide a link), but I read the only reason that it didn't get a sequel is that Sam Jackson didn't want to make one and he'd played the part so well that the studio only wanted him to play the part.
i'm leaning towards both of those judgements being the right calls. i thought it was Quentin Tarantinos film, i would have said the set up was there for a sequel but its not.
Old 14-07-2013, 20:41   #4178
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Pacific Rim

Next-Gen Blockbuster with a story that entertains and FX that left me speechless.

Go see it,and in 3D,that's all I can say at this point.

8.5/10
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 16:20   #4179
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Pacific Rim

Absolutely loved it saw it at the Imax in 3D incredible effects

9/10
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 16:53   #4180
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I need to get out so tomorrow it might be a toss up between Pacific Rim or The World End. Though I'm a sucker for big bold special effects.

From the reviews here I can safely ignore the review from the guardian which gave Rim only 2 out of 5.
Old 18-07-2013, 20:04   #4181
PISCES
Permanently Banned

Services: VIRGIN MOBILE, AOL BROADBAND, BT LINE, SKY TV WORLD PACKAGE
PISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathers

A Perfect Ending 10/10
PISCES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 02:22   #4182
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I need to get out so tomorrow it might be a toss up between Pacific Rim or The World End. Though I'm a sucker for big bold special effects.

From the reviews here I can safely ignore the review from the guardian which gave Rim only 2 out of 5.

It's quite cheesy and cliched, with certain plot points easily predicted, but I still loved it. Fun, great action, spectacular visuals.
Old 19-07-2013, 14:12   #4183
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post

Listen to Damien and go see it,the FX are jaw-dropping and it has to be seen at the cinema for full effect!
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 21:57   #4184
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I'm not Damien!
Old 19-07-2013, 22:55   #4185
thenry
Inactive

Matt Damon?