Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2018, 23:19   #1396
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This is why the media are saying that it's unlikely that an eleventh hour deal will be made in this particular dispute.
Its sad but true, id rather have the channels with no on demand rather than nothing
Advertisement
Old 19-07-2018, 23:25   #1397
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

What's any good on UKTV anyway?
Old 19-07-2018, 23:26   #1398
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

What will happen to them to pay for Premier Sports for 8 weeks when Virgin Media UK giving it away for free?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 19-07-2018, 23:57   #1399
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Nope! I don't think thats covered. The canellation clause only applies to price rises. VM is providing alternatives so the equivalent value of the package is the same.

Edit: This has just been confirmed via VM's Community Forum.
They could downgrade to the 'free' M/Player pack though. This is what I'll be doing until my contract ends if they don't compensate me for the loss of these channels.
Old 19-07-2018, 23:59   #1400
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Will this not affect Sky when there deal is up too?

Are the box sets available on Sky?

There's a good chance Sky will pay up if it's partially down to fees minus the OD offering - more power to their elbow.
Old 20-07-2018, 00:07   #1401
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Just getting silly, with needing a dozen different subscriptions on a dozen different platforms, not all of which will work on some devices.
Old 20-07-2018, 00:12   #1402
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

An interesting situation causing much customer dissatisfaction. Could this be the point where Virgin discovers how quickly customer loyalty drains away when a company makes a stupid move?

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

Very little football or sport, so judging by your recent posts, there's nothing on there that you would find good.
Old 20-07-2018, 00:12   #1403
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

So yet again I told everyone that we wouldn't get anything for free. Check my last message. Virgin media are deplorable just like Newcastle united and Mike Ashley. None of those lousy Liberty Global fiends will.
I think this will be the last time i come here. If they lose UKTV (a channel my mum depends on- mainly freeview channels) i'm quitting virgin media at the end of my contract finally.

If anyone wants to PM the best route for me and my mum to go for sports and UKTV channels etc. I need V6 like boxes. I'm being serious this time all for my retirement here. With football being whored out and now even basic channels my mum likes i have no intention of remaining around here. So if anyone can PM the best option. Im thinking sky?

I have no intention of doing the whole sky1/sky sports news rubbish from 2005 or whenever it was. I remember me and my dad watching it go off air. He's dead now. I'm 10 years older. I'm on a bigger wage now. I have a mum who likes uktv. Nah can't be arsed with this sh*t anymore for such an amateur company who hikes price rises constantly.

So anyone with the best route for me going forward PM ME.

Bye all its been warm and fuzzy and MB and Den my favourite guys i've enjoyed this. But VM is dead now. Literally no one is running the tv side of it

P.S my wage is bigger as i was in asda before and now i'm on genuinely the UK average but still fed up with VM

Last edited by vincerooney; 20-07-2018 at 00:14. Reason: ..
Old 20-07-2018, 00:19   #1404
Unknownguy
Inactive

Unknownguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
An interesting situation causing much customer dissatisfaction. Could this be the point where Virgin discovers how quickly customer loyalty drains away when a company makes a stupid move?

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

Very little football or sport, so judging by your recent posts, there's nothing on there that you would find good.
Yes because I'm seriously considering it but can't for 5 months!
Old 20-07-2018, 01:27   #1405
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point
If VM can't fix this bull shit issue with UK TV we can leave penalty free due to virgin breaching their own contract internet is good but loosing TV channels is not good for the already dead TV platform
Old 20-07-2018, 03:02   #1406
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

The new channel lineup reminds me of another platform. Free sport and music channels joining general entertainment channels at the top of the EPG. Just like Freeview.

Virgin takes on a whole bunch of extra channels from free platforms and also emulates the Freeview EPG. Good work!

Last edited by epsilon; 20-07-2018 at 03:12.
Old 20-07-2018, 05:52   #1407
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
To me this is serious i pay 90+ quid a month for access to UKTV channels. So i assume this is why we're finally getting basically free channels from freeview released ....

My mother is a pensioner and becoming more and more house bound if they withdraw UKTV i'm out of there. I should have been sooner I just don't want the hassle of losing my internet which i've used for 17 years now in a row. I find it predictably warm

No other service has "carriage issues" than the cheap, dreadful and power hungry liberty global lads
Its strange that Virgin always stated it takes time to get channels on their platform because negotiations and agreements take time and then suddenly its Bobs your uncle as because of a negotiation breakdown they suddenly produce a whole plethora of them before you can say Jack Robinson.

---------- Post added at 05:49 ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Plenty for Virgin customers to watch MM.

---------- Post added at 05:52 ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post

But not everybody watches football or other sports as like 50 people ordering a meal in a restaurant they all have different tastes and a TV customer is no different to that.
Old 20-07-2018, 07:59   #1408
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

This seems like a rushed exercise, i belive it will be sorted in tbe end once bbc start losing 4m customers worth of money. I think the added channels will move in new year, most channels are on Freeview but cheap virgin
Old 20-07-2018, 08:08   #1409
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Its seem at the heart of the breakdown in talks is the BBC

Quote:
Virgin Media attacks 'dinosaur' BBC as four million homes face UKTV blackout in fees row
Old 20-07-2018, 08:47   #1410
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its seem at the heart of the breakdown in talks is the BBC
I wouldn't believe everything Vm says Den. They are expecting/will get a substantial cut in fees, will they be passing that on to customers ? I think we know the answer.
Closed Thread