Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2009, 01:37   #211
ruby0167
Inactive

ruby0167 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I've been with Virgin and its many predessors for over 10 years for my tv and phone and about 7 or 8 for internet access. While not all of them were smooth going there was a period of about 2 years where I got to know every single Telewest TV engineer, how they liked their coffee and what biscuits they prefered. Sadly they never got to know what exactly was wrong with my TV (turn the signal up, turn it down, add this on the back, take this away - see you next Tuesday love). But that said I stuck with them because on the whole the customer service team were friendly, tried their best to sort things out and were understanding when it all got a bit much for me. I did have one rude technician, but after one phone call and an apology I never saw him again.
So things weren't perfect - life rarely is, but I honestly felt that on the whole they were trying and things worked out for the most part.
Then Virgin took over, and it was as if things were turned on their head. I got a mountain of junk mail through the door, all of it claiming to be the best thing since sliced bread and yet was sadly all carbs and no filling. A whole lotta talking but short on facts. And that really sums up my experience with Virgin. I've had 3 normal virgin boxes, I'm currently on my fourth V+ box, which is desperately balancing on its last leg and ready to fall This being any minute. Far from enriching my TV experience, it has served to be the stropy teenager sitting in the corner (making far too much noise) and in full control of the remote. The box doesn't respond when you push the buttons after 11pm, and yes I have changed the batteries, again and again and again. It only records when it feels like it (no recording clashes apparent, plenty of space on the hard drive), and when it does decide to record it will chop the begining or end of the programme off, or it will record the last few minutes and then carry on to record the programme after (or vice versa with the programme before), I've set the "extend recordings" to maximum, minimum and every combination in between. The box freezes, the picture freezes, the box resets itself at will - usually when recording something you've been looking forward to for a while. Oh and my box is numerically illiterate, delete a 45 minute programme and it will add 3 hours to space left on hard disk, then again sometimes it will subtract it!
This being my 4th V+ box with such problems I am sure the problem is not as "isolated" as the virgin support team want me to believe. And why exactly does it take "up to" 5 days to format my box? Why can't they do it then and there, especially when it would mean that I am not left waiting beyond that?

I have found the customer services department to be "nice but dim", friendly, apologetic on the whole, but about as much use as a chocolate teapot. The department that deals with you when you are threatening to leave are again polite and friendly, they do try to get things sorted, get very cross when things don't go to plan, but sadly you can never get through to the same person (even when you have their full name, department and extension), so you are forever going round and round in circles. The technical department are appauling. I am yet to speak to someone without a thick indian accent. Now i want to make this clear, i am not racist, but I object to spending so much time on the phone just trying to deciper what the other person is saying, feeling embarassed and stupid for not understanding them, and desperately trying not to sound angry when being patronised for fear of being interpretted as racist. This is made even for frustrating when said technician interupts you before you have said more than three words of explanation of what the problem is - sorry I made the call, I picked up the handset, dialled the number and therefore initated the dialogue, so i believe it only fair to have a fair chance to explan the need for said dialogue. Not good. Then you get some bogus, long, drawnout and confused technical explanation, when i explain that I have a first class honours in computing and am more than capable of understanding the basic concept of a network, suddenly the tone goes from appathy to anger, or is it panic that they have been caught out? I always make a point of being polite and patient with people who work in call centres, it's not their fault, they didn;t cause the problems and until I call aren't aware i have a problem. But some people really push this to the limit. Sadly most of Virgin's BB technical department have become expert at this.
I just want things fixed, I want Vrigin to be honest with me, have the decency to contact me when they change things (and not hide it in the small print of a huge amount of junk mail) and make every effort to fix it when things go wrong. When did it all get so complicated? I ask for x, y and z, you supply them to me and i will pay you an agreed price. Why do we need to go round and round? I'm sure my problem would have been sorted out months ago if people would stop the spin and be honest. That I could take, I could understand and work with.
ruby0167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-01-2009, 12:19   #212
Exorcist74
Inactive

Services: 60Mb cable and basic package
Exorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I Like Virgin.
What I don't like is they Traffic Shaping & there £5 handling charge... enough said.
So I rang Virgin to ask for my 20mb to be lowered to 10mb, I spoke to a young lad called Paul (Swansea branch), I explained everything I wanted doing, but he told me it was impossible to do so, because I was still on the old Analogue system, so he arrange a time for a Engineer to call and install the new Virgin digital(tv) box, He was very polite and asked me if I would go over the information I gave him, Just to make sure everythin was in order.
Everything went as planed,

To PAUL (LLansamlet Swansea) Branch a big thank you
Exorcist74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2009, 14:20   #213
Davey
Inactive

Davey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I've had Phone, TV and Internet with Telecential/NTL/Virgin for bloody YEARS! I've been quite lucky with the service but when things have gone bad trying to get help is like trying to get blood out of a stone! And that seems to be most peoples issue, the customer service levels are a joke!

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby0167 View Post
I have found the customer services department to be "nice but dim", friendly, apologetic on the whole, but about as much use as a chocolate teapot. The department that deals with you when you are threatening to leave are again polite and friendly, they do try to get things sorted, get very cross when things don't go to plan, but sadly you can never get through to the same person (even when you have their full name, department and extension), so you are forever going round and round in circles. The technical department are appauling. I am yet to speak to someone without a thick indian accent. Now i want to make this clear, i am not racist, but I object to spending so much time on the phone just trying to deciper what the other person is saying, feeling embarassed and stupid for not understanding them, and desperately trying not to sound angry when being patronised for fear of being interpretted as racist. This is made even for frustrating when said technician interupts you before you have said more than three words of explanation of what the problem is - sorry I made the call, I picked up the handset, dialled the number and therefore initated the dialogue, so i believe it only fair to have a fair chance to explan the need for said dialogue. Not good. Then you get some bogus, long, drawnout and confused technical explanation, when i explain that I have a first class honours in computing and am more than capable of understanding the basic concept of a network, suddenly the tone goes from appathy to anger, or is it panic that they have been caught out? I always make a point of being polite and patient with people who work in call centres, it's not their fault, they didn;t cause the problems and until I call aren't aware i have a problem. But some people really push this to the limit. Sadly most of Virgin's BB technical department have become expert at this.
I just want things fixed, I want Vrigin to be honest with me, have the decency to contact me when they change things (and not hide it in the small print of a huge amount of junk mail) and make every effort to fix it when things go wrong. When did it all get so complicated? I ask for x, y and z, you supply them to me and i will pay you an agreed price. Why do we need to go round and round? I'm sure my problem would have been sorted out months ago if people would stop the spin and be honest. That I could take, I could understand and work with.
Couldnt agree with you more!
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 00:35   #214
VeNoM
Inactive

VeNoM can only hope to improve

Generally OK
VeNoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:57   #215
veteran
Inactive

Services: vm 20mb xboxlive
veteran is an unknown quantity at this point

it's a joke i hate speakin to em mite aswell ring poland or some ****. i recently put my bb speed up from 2mb to 20mb an vm told me i wouldn't need a new moderm.it's runnin at 17.018mb an upload speeds 712kbps.but when i play xbox i could kill more people wid 2mb (callofduty )it dont make sense.could anyone help.
veteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:16   #216
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Always heave a mental sigh of relief when a British accent is heard when the call to Virgin Technical help is answered (think I may have spoken to very helpful Paul in LLansamlet Swansea too)

Perhaps people would mind far less if the verbal diarrhoea was not also cranking up the cost of the call in the first place.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 18:34   #217
nutellajunkie
Inactive

nutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Been with cable for over a decade now, from the days of £8 telly and phone (how I miss the 3.5p calls)

Now, with a delightful package at discount, I shant complain about that.

Unless its the Indian call centers! then its a trajic affair that VM will never end. And to be honest, its the only thing a majority of people will actually not be happy with. The rest, <fingers-crossed> is very reliable.

oh I just remembered.. If you dont pay by direct debit, you get charged £5.. With current sittuations, I prefer to pay bills by weekly standing order due to budgetting. I always pay, yet VM penilise me for thie method. See, back in the days, this was not the case.

So yes, excellent service, just VERY greedy!
nutellajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 12:45   #218
kayc3660
Inactive

kayc3660 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have totally lost patience with so called customer services, when you email them with a problem you get an automated response which tells you that you will be answered with 48 hours. lol. I dont think so? I have emailed them 4 times now about a billing problem, each time resending the original email, still no answer, its been 11 days now. No point ringing cos I always end up with India and I have never resolved a query with them yet. Does anyone have the CEOs email. There really is no point in complaining to customer services about customer services..
kayc3660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:12   #219
xocemp

Try going through to customer relations, I think its the "Thinking about leaving us" option
Old 03-04-2009, 12:34   #220
Geoff P
Inactive

Services: VM BB 20Mb V+ full package
Geoff P is an unknown quantity at this point

I work for Virgin in Customer Services (Bellshill) and I only voted generally OK.

Some agents tell the customer want they want to hear instead of explaining the issues properly.
Geoff P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 16:28   #221
fireman328
Inactive

fireman328 has reached the bronze age
fireman328 has reached the bronze agefireman328 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff P View Post
I work for Virgin in Customer Services (Bellshill) and I only voted generally OK.

Some agents tell the customer want they want to hear instead of explaining the issues properly.
That then is a case of training not being applied and bad management not knowing what is actually happening on the shop floor and rectifying it.
fireman328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:11   #222
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road

A few weeks ago I phoned CS about there email telling me "As one of our most loved customers, you’ll still get an additional discount on your services. From 1st May, this discount will reduce by £0.50 a month", and the charge for having a printed bill. I was told that nothing could be done about that, but I got £3.50 off my charge for not paying by direct debit.

It cheered me up a bit.
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 15:25   #223
regdafish
Inactive

regdafish is an unknown quantity at this point

Shocking.

After they recognised that my service was poor and crediting my account they then told me that the last engineer said that the job was completed successfully. I have also been advised that although the fault is with the box on the outside of the block of flats i live in, and they are aware the fault is not within the premises i must be available for the engineer or face a charge of 10 quid.

Good luck with that i announced as i hung up.
regdafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 15:08   #224
regdafish
Inactive

regdafish is an unknown quantity at this point

Lo and behold, they sent out the wrong engineer who then told me the last one told me a pack of lies, but rest assured he is sending out the right one within the next 24 hours.
regdafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 23:58   #225
-Gun-
Inactive

-Gun- is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Pathetic

Oh a thread where I can vent my anger over an incompetent, disorganised and overall poorly run organisation. Sorry the word 'organisation' implies that there is some sort of organised activity at virgin media so I retract that!

For a week we have had periods where the cable TV has no picture or sound at the same time as the broadband connection not working, not just this house but several houses in the street!

Try as you might, it is impossible to get the script following monkey on the end of the phone to understand that there is a problem in the area and it is not the modem or the digital box but a fault elsewhere. Ring 151 and get a recorded message about engineering works in an area 20 or 30 miles away which has no effect on the area I'm in.

Ring 150 and eventually get to talk to someone with a poor accent, poor headset connection that crackles or worse both a poor accent and poor headset, just to be put through to faults which just happens to be the recorded message about that engineering work 20 or 30 miles away!

Eventually managed to arrange for an engineer to call and took time off work to ensure I was in, only to be left a message that there was in fact a fault in the area (Really!!!) and it had been fixed so the engineer that was to call round had been cancelled.

I check the TV and Broadband - It had not been fixed! It was still knackered, so now at boiling point a call to 150 to shout and scream until a supervisor after (supposedly) calling another department says that the engineer cannot be recalled but she would call me back this evening with a definite answer - 5 hours later still no call - what a shock! Virginmedia employ liars too! It was also very apparent that each department is using a different system as during one call I was told 3 versions of 'there is no reported problem, there is a problem and the problem has been fixed - and not even in that order. If you can't communicate within virgin media how the hell are you supposed to communicate with your customers?

But not to worry - my neighbours were also attacking the so called 'help' desks and eventually the services were restored. How long they remain is anybody's guess!

All this could have been resolved with the first call 5 days ago if only the trained monkeys at the help desk were able to think outside of the box and actually listen to what was being said.

Customer service is a joke! Why have 2 numbers when only one actually gets you anywhere. Why have separate help desks for TV, TV plus, broadband and telephone? They all have similar scripts, turn it off, turn it on, ping the modem, send a signal etc it's not rocket science!
-Gun- is offline   Reply With Quote