Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-05-2008, 10:17   #166
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Services: SkyQ silver 2TB SkyQ mini multiroom Boxset skysports HD skymovies HD Virgin vivid 350meg
yorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

not had virgin long but so far i cant fault them
yorkshireborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-05-2008, 22:59   #167
mouqeet
cf.addict

Services: VM
mouqeet is an unknown quantity at this point

Well wrestlemania just a black screen no refund nothing pathetic
mouqeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 17:43   #168
hoggie
Inactive

Services: V+.XL tv & Bb
hoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouqeet View Post
Well wrestlemania just a black screen no refund nothing pathetic
NO refund ?

we had a loss of service due to the local kids setting fire to the box.
after a couple of calls and using the 09 number.
all the users in the area got a two months free, and cost of calls refunded.

now that's what I call dame good service

im in an old telewest area.

I have found, and it has been stated in another post.
be polite don't lose your cool ask what the weathers like and bingo.they will leap through hoops to keep you happy.
hoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 18:02   #169
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggie
I have found, and it has been stated in another post.
be polite don't lose your cool ask what the weathers like and bingo.they will leap through hoops to keep you happy.
Well said hoggie, its common sense really isn't it, who's going to want to help you if your ranting down the phone at them, I mean would you? I certainly wouldn't. As hoggie says a bit of common decency works wonders.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 21:45   #170
hoggie
Inactive

Services: V+.XL tv & Bb
hoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nice

had to laugh today.was at work not doing much when the wife calls saying " the internet is not working and im going to phone Virgin and complain" after telling her to what 10mins for me to get home.
after switching off both routers and the modem i find the cable between router one and router two had fallen out.so no internet on the laptops(WiFi).after rebooting all routers and modem all was well

Reason for post.don't be to quick at blaming virgin for all your problems when a quick reboot and checking all connections could be the answer
I Thank You
hoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 22:39   #171
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

Had ntl & VM for a long time, but last week helped somebody order from scratch. Did it on my computer online Monday (TV L, BB M, Phone M, V+ box for £35 per month with a discount for 3 months and £30 off for ordering online) and, after a couple of emails and a text message, installed Friday of the same week!

I prepared myself for the ordeal of helping them set up email account etc but . . . no ordeal! The excellent installer got the internet working on the computer within seconds (thought they were not allowed to touch customers' computers?), and after he had gone I logged on to the page advised in the book he left and got their email up and running within minutes: no waiting for welcome letters with weird codes; no ringing up anybody; no installation disc. Brilliant! What an improvement from the ntl palava.
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:21   #172
lsproc
Inactive

lsproc has a spectacular aura about themlsproc has a spectacular aura about themlsproc has a spectacular aura about themlsproc has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggie View Post
had to laugh today.was at work not doing much when the wife calls saying " the internet is not working and im going to phone Virgin and complain" after telling her to what 10mins for me to get home.
after switching off both routers and the modem i find the cable between router one and router two had fallen out.so no internet on the laptops(WiFi).after rebooting all routers and modem all was well

Reason for post.don't be to quick at blaming virgin for all your problems when a quick reboot and checking all connections could be the answer
I Thank You
As the IT Crowd said:

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
"Are you sure it's plugged in".

One my my favourites is when they had that message on a tape so the tecchies could be lazy XD
lsproc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:34   #173
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

A follow up to my previous post.

I have just received an e-mail questionnaire from Virginmedia following up the original phone call I made to them.

I was asked whether the phone call was OK and, whether I would recommend Virginmedia services to a friend or a colleague.

They have said that they may get in touch to talk about my answers but as I was quite scathing about the first call I made to 151 and also about the state of the over subscription on the Baguley server I doubt whether I will hear from the again.

Has any one else had a follow-up e-mail and if youhave , did you get a follow-up phone call?
Old 07-06-2008, 00:17   #174
the end
Inactive

Services: 2 XL tv, 1 V+ box, XL on bb, XL on phone!
the end is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a few problems at 1st when i got VM but nothing since and ive had it now neally two years. I have 2 XL tv boxes in my room and my mums, and a V+ downstairs with XL to. My internet is also XL, and my phone has free calls alday and night! all of this for 65pound amonth. So cant really fault Vm!

Also with the V+ was told it would cost 100pound to get installed but when phoning Vm to pay a bill the bloke on the phone offered the V+ to be installed for 75pound as an limited offer, Mum said no as we didnt have the money at the time a month later same bloke rings back and says 30quid. < what a result! ive also had other great deals and offers from Vm.

To the post above yes ive had a follow up call and ive had a call about 10mins before an worker was comming out just to say he was comming. < thats a great thing Vm could offer to old people to be safe
the end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 14:14   #175
riabinraider
Inactive

riabinraider is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been with this bunch of cowboys since Cabletel days, it has been downhill all the way
riabinraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 23:12   #176
lulukimmi
Inactive

lulukimmi is on a distinguished roadlulukimmi is on a distinguished road

Have had a couple of problems but when I call can't understand the operators... I know for sure I'm speaking English but not too sure what they are speaking. I am sure this happens so that you spend more time on the phone than really necessary to rack up the phone bill
lulukimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 23:33   #177
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Quote:
I have been with this bunch of cowboys since Cabletel days, it has been downhill all the way
Says as much about you as the SP then really.
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 00:17   #178
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulukimmi View Post
Have had a couple of problems but when I call can't understand the operators... I know for sure I'm speaking English but not too sure what they are speaking. I am sure this happens so that you spend more time on the phone than really necessary to rack up the phone bill
At least calls to faults are free again. So you don't have to worry about the cost as the operator works through the script in front of them.

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers...vice-fault.php
Old 03-07-2008, 15:23   #179
cablestrider
Inactive

Services: Cable XL TV, 10MB broadband by Virgin Media cable, Mac & Safari powered Internet!
cablestrider will become famous soon enoughcablestrider will become famous soon enoughcablestrider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to cablestrider

rang many times about various things, broadband, tv and phone.. Always polite and helpfull. Never had any troubles with them. Never go back to a BT/Sky set up.
cablestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 22:35   #180
chuzzlemonkey
Inactive

Services: V+ TV:XL Broadband:XL Telco:XL
chuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam2008 View Post
i have got a modem in my house, because my dad has an account with virgin media, and i bought another modem off ebay for £2 haha because we have two lines, one downstairs and one upstairs, but my modem says that it is registered when i plug it in, is there anyway of unregistering it, or making it work lol?????? thnx

Unlikely to be honest, each piece of equipment that you have needs to be assigned to your Virgin account for it to function fully. And seeing as Virgin only provide 1 broadband point per property, theres little/no chance of your second modem working - or at least no legitimate way that i'm aware of!

You may have to take wireless instead.
£40 and you'll have it in 3 days (UPS) if you take it from Virgin.

Sorry.

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by riabinraider View Post
Anything inparticular you're not happy with?
chuzzlemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote