Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 20-10-2020, 13:02   #1306
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
ITV HD is showing correct regional news in EPG, ITV+1 and ITV AD(audio described) are not.
STV isn't further regionalised other than whole of Scotland, so no change was required.

As mentioned subtitles are currently missing from ITV Anglia SD and HD.
I mentioned STV as a) it's my Channel 3 region and b) because STV HD has been on 103 for ages on VM, so was an indicator as to how VM could handle the other Channel 3 license HD versions.

I can't say for sure which STV region is HD here on VM as I rarely watch STV, and never the STV News. I'm fairly sure there is more than one STV HD region though, as I've been told before and it was at least two, though it it's probably just STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh knowing them.

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

On rereading I think I maybe misunderstood what you were saying. I wasn't saying there was another STV HD change going to happen, I was simply saying how it was handled by VM would good guide for their likely implementation of the ITV HD change down south.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-10-2020, 13:13   #1307
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I mentioned STV as a) it's my Channel 3 region and b) because STV HD has been on 103 for ages on VM, so was an indicator as to how VM could handle the other Channel 3 license HD versions.

I can't say for sure which STV region is HD here on VM as I rarely watch STV, and never the STV News. I'm fairly sure there is more than one STV HD region though, as I've been told before and it was at least two, though it it's probably just STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh knowing them.

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

On rereading I think I maybe misunderstood what you were saying. I wasn't saying there was another STV HD change going to happen, I was simply saying how it was handled by VM would good guide for their likely implementation of the ITV HD change down south.
According to press releases a while ago, all the STV regions were going to be available in HD on Virgin:

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk...ia-204046.html
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 13:25   #1308
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

ITV AD is always London on all platforms.

What news are you seeing in each of the versions?

Quote:
ITV HD is showing correct regional news in EPG, ITV+1 and ITV AD(audio described) are not.
STV isn't further regionalised other than whole of Scotland, so no change was required.

As mentioned subtitles are currently missing from ITV Anglia SD and HD.

Last edited by ozsat; 20-10-2020 at 13:31.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 13:37   #1309
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
ITV AD is always London on all platforms.

What news are you seeing in each of the versions?
EPG says Anglia for 103 and 113, 114 says Meridian(South East, Kent etc), 853 says London.

Subtitles are now there for ITV Anglia SD and HD.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 13:38   #1310
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

The number of ITV+1 regions is being reduced on Satellite according to a516digital on Twitter so this is bound to be replicated on VM, assuming they have any of the +1s that are being removed.

JJ20X has said on Forum Box that UTV HD is now showing on service list.
Old 20-10-2020, 13:40   #1311
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

ITV+1 for Anglia has closed and is replaced by Meridian. So all slots are correct.

Quote:
EPG says Anglia for 103 and 113, 114 says Meridian(South East, Kent etc), 853 says London.

Subtitles are now there for ITV Anglia SD and HD.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 13:45   #1312
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
The number of ITV+1 regions is being reduced on Satellite according to a516digital on Twitter so this is bound to be replicated on VM, assuming they have any of the +1s that are being removed.

JJ20X has said on Forum Box that UTV HD is now showing on service list.
From Sky.
Quote:
These closing ITV SD and ITV+1 services will be replaced by larger regions.
So +1 still to be there, but not as regionalised.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 13:50   #1313
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
From Sky.
So +1 still to be there, but not as regionalised.
Thanks for the link nomadking.
Old 20-10-2020, 15:46   #1314
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Looks like VM is the next one to lose Movies24, plans have been proposed to remove the channel from VM late 2021.
Old 20-10-2020, 16:38   #1315
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Looks like VM is the next one to lose Movies24, plans have been proposed to remove the channel from VM late 2021.
"Next one"? Which platform/service has removed it?

Is it maybe disappearing entirely everywhere? I know someone who watches it a lot. They won't be happy if that happens.

Late 2021 is still around a year off though I suppose.
Old 20-10-2020, 16:49   #1316
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Is it maybe disappearing entirely everywhere? I know someone who watches it a lot. They won't be happy if that happens.

It was removed from BT some months back.

It’s been under Sky’s control since last year when NBCUniversal rationalised their channel operations in Europe - Sky took over the NBCU channels in the U.K. and Germany - so it remains to be seen what happens with the remaining NBCU portfolio though the recent Sky EPG relegation of SyFy and E! does not bode well and given Movies24 is linear only, I wouldn’t be surprised if Sky start to phase those channel brands out.
Phunkenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 17:06   #1317
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

BT and Plusnet have already had it removed, not sure about Talktalk yet, Origin got declined it for their upcoming service.
Old 20-10-2020, 17:10   #1318
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
It was removed from BT some months back.

It’s been under Sky’s control since last year when NBCUniversal rationalised their channel operations in Europe - Sky took over the NBCU channels in the U.K. and Germany - so it remains to be seen what happens with the remaining NBCU portfolio though the recent Sky EPG relegation of SyFy and E! does not bode well and given Movies24 is linear only, I wouldn’t be surprised if Sky start to phase those channel brands out.
Thanks.

That's a lot of, obviously niche, content in need of a new home if that happens. Some of it appears on Channel 5 and Sony Movies during daytime hours, but that's a small proportion. Maybe it'll end up on a UK streaming service? True Movies broadcast that sort of thing until Sony rebranded it as their Classic movies channel, though that's currently in Christmas guise and actually closer to its old output as a result.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
BT and Plusnet have already had it removed, not sure about Talktalk yet, Origin got declined it for their upcoming service.
What is Origin?
Old 20-10-2020, 17:24   #1319
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Thanks.

That's a lot of, obviously niche, content in need of a new home if that happens. Some of it appears on Channel 5 and Sony Movies during daytime hours, but that's a small proportion. Maybe it'll end up on a UK streaming service? True Movies broadcast that sort of thing until Sony rebranded it as their Classic movies channel, though that's currently in Christmas guise and actually closer to its old output as a result.

What is Origin?
Hallmark have launched a VOD channel on Prime Channels so there’s already a platform out there for that kind of film content.
Phunkenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 17:49   #1320
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks.

What is Origin?
Origin are a broadband provider best to avoid tbh they've recently launched a tv service using netgen.