Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 14-11-2019, 18:13   #2461
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I suggest that you take it up with the newspaper then.

This issue has already been covered recently in this thread, I see no point in going over old ground again, particularly when I suspect it's being done in order to deflect from the real issue under discussion.
Suspicion is not actuality...

Repetition of falsehoods, no matter who said/printed them, doesn't make them any more real.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2019, 19:35   #2462
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

By restoring this benefit, we would be discriminating against those renting accommodation from the private sector. How is that fair?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 17:21   #2463
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

The Public Law Project has launched a site to help those at risk of innaproppriate sanctions:

https://www.thejusticegap.com/new-we...ctions-regime/
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 18:52   #2464
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

A Public Advocacy setup here was closed after HMG declined further funding, and the council refused to help either.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 17:57   #2465
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/18/man-d...work-11174319/

Man found fit to work DIES in the queue at a job centre.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 19:25   #2466
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/18/man-d...work-11174319/

Man found fit to work DIES in the queue at a job centre.
People die all the time for a variety of reasons.
Quote:
‘The man next to me told me that the poor guy had diabetes and had been declared fit for work by the job centre earlier in the year but he was obviously ill.
Diabetes by itself is not life threatening.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 19:28   #2467
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

People do indeed die all of the time for a variety of reasons. The poor DWP here, having their quality robust decision making undermined by luck and chance!
Old 18-11-2019, 20:00   #2468
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
People do indeed die all of the time for a variety of reasons. The poor DWP here, having their quality robust decision making undermined by luck and chance!
It is complete and utter nonsense to link the 2 things. That is the issue. If he was at the Jobcentre it is probable that a Tribunal also made a decision against him.

Eg There was a case of somebody who was refused ESA, but he died of an undiagnosed brain tumour. No connection whatsoever between the two things.
Old 18-11-2019, 21:17   #2469
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
It is complete and utter nonsense to link the 2 things. That is the issue. If he was at the Jobcentre it is probable that a Tribunal also made a decision against him

Eg There was a case of somebody who was refused ESA, but he died of an undiagnosed brain tumour. No connection whatsoever between the two things.
"It's probable" is just your sheer guesswork. Do people waiting on ESA appeals not have to sign on?

What is true is that people are statistically more likely to die in the dole queue due to poor decision making by THE DWP refusing ill health benefits to people who are entitled to them with copy and paste decision making.
Old 18-11-2019, 21:58   #2470
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
"It's probable" is just your sheer guesswork. Do people waiting on ESA appeals not have to sign on?

What is true is that people are statistically more likely to die in the dole queue due to poor decision making by THE DWP refusing ill health benefits to people who are entitled to them with copy and paste decision making.
I said probable because the usual process is to remain on ESA until a Tribunal has decided. Impossible to be 100% sure. He might for some reason not taken that step. It would be improbable not to have taken the Tribunal appeal stage. Still remains the fact that there is absolutely no evidence provided that the two things are linked.

Diabetes by itself doesn't cause death.
Just found this.
Quote:
But a DWP source said reports the man had been declared fit to work were inaccurate and that he had been attending routine appointments for more than a year.
Official advice
Quote:
Having diabetes needn’t be a barrier to actively enjoying sports and exercise. Sportsmen and women with diabetes are common and have achieved some of the highest sporting awards available on the planet.
Famous UK diabetic sports achievers include Steve Redgrave, who has won numerous at the Olympics including his last gold medal which he won after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
Does sport help diabetes?
Sport, or exercise of some form, is recommended for all people with diabetes because it brings a range of health benefits such as improved sensitivity to insuli, improved.
Old 18-11-2019, 22:05   #2471
jfman
Architect of Ideas

"famous UK diabetic sports achievers" haha. What about all those asthmatic cyclists? Utterly laughable to compare the medical plight of hundreds of thousands to one or two athletes.

Your rush to defend the DWP at every turn is truly laughable. I just had a Google and it did not indicate the "usual process" was for an appellant of a fit for work decision to not have to claim Jobseeker's.

I can't believe I got banned from the Brexit thread for the week for the rather unambitious prediction that you work for them.
Old 18-11-2019, 23:02   #2472
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
"famous UK diabetic sports achievers" haha. What about all those asthmatic cyclists? Utterly laughable to compare the medical plight of hundreds of thousands to one or two athletes.

Your rush to defend the DWP at every turn is truly laughable. I just had a Google and it did not indicate the "usual process" was for an appellant of a fit for work decision to not have to claim Jobseeker's.

I can't believe I got banned from the Brexit thread for the week for the rather unambitious prediction that you work for them.
I'm defending facts and the truth. I am unemployed and receive ESA and PIP, so I do know and have experience of the process.

The quote says "Sportsmen and women with diabetes are common". So not so rare. Also, "Sport, or exercise of some form, is recommended for all people with diabetes".

Citizen's Advice.
Quote:
If the DWP doesn't change its decision, you can appeal the decision to an independent tribunal.
You can be paid ESA until the appeal is heard if you’re appealing a decision that found you failed the work capability assessment.
You can even get it backdated to start from the date of the decision, thereby covering the gap between that date and the mandatory reconsideration. Of course that all depends on your GP still issuing medical notes.

All irrelevant in this case, because apparently it is fake news.
Quote:
But a DWP source said reports the man had been declared fit to work were inaccurate and that he had been attending routine appointments for more than a year.
Old 18-11-2019, 23:50   #2473
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
I'm defending facts and the truth. I am unemployed and receive ESA and PIP, so I do know and have experience of the process.

The quote says "Sportsmen and women with diabetes are common". So not so rare. Also, "Sport, or exercise of some form, is recommended for all people with diabetes".
I’m, as ever, struggling to see the relevance as you attempt to clutch at straws here.

Quote:
Citizen's Advice.
You can even get it backdated to start from the date of the decision, thereby covering the gap between that date and the mandatory reconsideration. Of course that all depends on your GP still issuing medical notes.
You ‘can’ however I’d dispute your previous use of the ‘usual proess’. Can you advise me of the process the DWP put you down while appealing without any further intervention?

Quote:
All irrelevant in this case, because apparently it is fake news.
As is the fact you claim to receive both ESA and PIP. Of course, there’s no way to test the veracity of any such “claim” on your part. It would however be convenient for the purposes of misinformation to make such an assertion, without any mechanism to test it.
Old 19-11-2019, 00:10   #2474
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Stop now!

nomadking has a history of posting about his personal situation, so unless you are stating he has spent many years building up this story, you are being insulting.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 00:15   #2475
jfman
Architect of Ideas

I wasn't aware of that and as such withdraw my third point from my most recent post. Points one and two stand.