Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Happy Birthday to nialli

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What do you call your neighbours?

Old 07-06-2012, 19:42   #1
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
What do you call your neighbours?

Like nicknames you have for them apart from number 72 or John and Sarah?

A few of mine are

The water man.
Volvo man
BMW man
The daughter
The 80's
Fatso
The black woman
Punkies
Blondie
The corner house

have you ever thought what nickname they have for you?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2012, 20:33   #2
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: What do you call your neighbours?

we have;

d***head on the end (because he parks parallel thus taking up 2 or 3 spaces instead of end in as he thinks he owns the carpark)
the 'thing' (it's HUGE and the police pay regular visits)
bird man (lovely old guy who makes bird tables)
the joneses (irony in the fact they are the ones always trying to keep up and appear better)
Old 07-06-2012, 23:30   #3
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I've got one of them with stars. I call him ****** or (6 stars) for short.
Old 08-06-2012, 00:16   #4
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

I call mine by name, it just depends upon the name I want to call them on that particular day. Some people can be infuriatingly random....
Old 08-06-2012, 00:39   #5
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

By their names.

I don't resort to silly childishness of making up stupid names for people I don't like, that's something kids do in middle/high school.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:42   #6
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
By their names.

I don't resort to silly childishness of making up stupid names for people I don't like, that's something kids do in middle/high school.
Good for you Adam.

If you were my neighbour I'd probably call you Adam.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:50   #7
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
By their names.

Good for you Adam.

If you were my Neighbour I'd probably call you Little miss muffy .

The sensible ones always get the best names.
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:05   #8
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
By their names.

Quite the cheerfull soul hay Adam , and if you don't actually know their names, how would you discribe them in a conversation to say,,,,,,, your other half.

I have the "Crazy Lady" (which I call her to her face and she is OK with this), Hiancinth Bucket because she thinks she is a cut above the rest of us yet lives in the same style of house.

The scruffy'ens, because they never clear up the mess outside their house, I get called all kinds of exspletives, but mostly Jim'll fix'it (my names not Jim) because I'm the one they ask for help when something goes wrong, gets broke or needs fixing
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:15   #9
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

I'm a grown up and call my neighbors by there names, Its a neighborhood not a school yard.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:22   #10
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I'm a grown up and call my neighbors by there names, Its a neighborhood not a school yard.
We know you use their names when you're talking to them.

we're on about what nicknames you have for them when talking to your wife, mates about them.

Like when you say fatso's getting some exercise again. instead of Mr Johnson's getting some exercise again
Old 08-06-2012, 10:40   #11
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

We call all our neighbours by their proper names. The only hint of of a nickname is when we refer to 'old' George and 'young' George who live next door to each other and are 82 and 76 years respectively.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:44   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Seconded.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:48   #13
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
Quite the cheerfull soul hay Adam , and if you don't actually know their names, how would you discribe them in a conversation to say,,,,,,, your other half.
Lol, well I just say "Phil next door" or "John two doors down"

Mind you, I was raised to be respectful of others, even if they weren't respectful of/to me.

I certainly wouldn't like knowing, or thinking our neighbours have "nick names" for us, it just seems incredibly immature and seems to have the mentality of a school bully.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 13:29   #14
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Lol, well I just say "Phil next door" or "John two doors down"

Mind you, I was raised to be respectful of others, even if they weren't respectful of/to me.

I certainly wouldn't like knowing, or thinking our neighbours have "nick names" for us, it just seems incredibly immature and seems to have the mentality of a school bully.
That's the beauty of opinion I suppose, it can be so diverse .

I just thought your reply was a tad harsh given the context in which it was delivered.

I occasionally use nick names as you call it, terms of endearment is more what I call it in a light hearted manner with no malice or disrespect behind it, quite how this can be considered the mentality of a school bully is beyond me but each to their own I suppose.

Amazing how threads meant to be a bit of a giggle can soon turn all too serious all to quickly.

Some of us were also brought/dragged up with old fashioned values and to respect ones elders but I would not respect others that don't show me the same courtesy.

Just getting back on topic for a bit I almost forgot, Ive got Billy Bulls*** living next door (he tells a good yarn )
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 13:49   #15
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
I just thought your reply was a tad harsh given the context in which it was delivered.
Why can't you accept that there's some right miserable neighbours out there

Quote:
Just getting back on topic for a bit I almost forgot, Ive got Billy Bulls*** living next door (he tells a good yarn )
I've got him as well. he's the BMW man. his proper name is Robert.