Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 25-07-2021, 14:05   #211
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I just received this email - I won’t be renewing.
I'm currently on 12 months free after buying a Apple tv+ but once that free offer expires i won't be renewing, just not enough content there atm for me.
Old 27-07-2021, 20:48   #212
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Hi guys, can anyone remember the name of the new Brian Cox Space series, I think it only started last week or so, and I thought I saw it advertised as being on BBC 4.

Thx
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2021, 00:06   #213
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Hi guys, can anyone remember the name of the new Brian Cox Space series, I think it only started last week or so, and I thought I saw it advertised as being on BBC 4.

Thx
Brian Cox's Adventures In Space And Time.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000wnk5

It's mostly a highlights series of his various shows, with some new developments tacked on to cover parts where new discoveries, theories, etc have rendered certain elements out of date.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2021, 14:12   #214
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Ah ok mate, cheers...
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 13:57   #215
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Comcast just mentioned on their earnings call that they’re bringing Peacock to Europe - Sky customers get it at no extra cost but no other details as yet.
Phunkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 15:14   #216
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
Comcast just mentioned on their earnings call that they’re bringing Peacock to Europe - Sky customers get it at no extra cost but no other details as yet.
Here is the info on Peacock here

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/artic...-coming-to-sky
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 15:41   #217
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I just sped on my bicycle to post this dodging a crazy bus driver in process lol, you beat me to it.
Old 29-07-2021, 16:48   #218
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

I'm very fortunate to have access to US Peacock, its a reasonably good service but seems more like NBC/Comcasts equivalent to Now and I wouldn't mind betting that despite the recent rebrand Now morphs into Peacock within a year or so.
Its already getting close to it, Peacock offers a free but limited ad supported tier, a $5 a month premium tier that has all content but still ads or a $10 a month (I think) tier that has all premium content ad free.
Now is not too far from the top two tiers (pricing excepted) already, it'll be interesting to see if a free tier follows.
I use the $5 a month service and the ads aren't too intrusive, especially when you consider this is a US service lol
This might actually be good news for UK consumers if they follow the US model but that as they say is a big if!
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 17:05   #219
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quite a bit of what's available on Peacock is available on Sky already.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 17:09   #220
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I'm very fortunate to have access to US Peacock, its a reasonably good service but seems more like NBC/Comcasts equivalent to Now and I wouldn't mind betting that despite the recent rebrand Now morphs into Peacock within a year or so.
Its already getting close to it, Peacock offers a free but limited ad supported tier, a $5 a month premium tier that has all content but still ads or a $10 a month (I think) tier that has all premium content ad free.
Now is not too far from the top two tiers (pricing excepted) already, it'll be interesting to see if a free tier follows.
I use the $5 a month service and the ads aren't too intrusive, especially when you consider this is a US service lol
This might actually be good news for UK consumers if they follow the US model but that as they say is a big if!
For £4p/m give and take exchange rates you get quite a lot including premier league football, live wwe ppvs it is exceptional value for money.
Old 30-07-2021, 16:21   #221
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I'm currently on 12 months free after buying a Apple tv+ but once that free offer expires i won't be renewing, just not enough content there atm for me.
I find dipping into a streaming service for a month then cancelling is enough to allow me to watch everything I want to on each service. I signed up to Starzplay for a month, watched Mr Mercedes (outstanding), High Fidelity and The Act (both very good) and Castle Rock (not too bad) then cancelled. Not bad value for £4.99.
I'll sign up for another month of Apple TV+ if Foundation turns out to be as good as the trailer suggests but I'll wait until the whole of season 1 is available. Will watch s2 of The Morning Show that month, too. But won't hang around.
I recently cancelled Now as there's nothing on Sky Atlantic I'm interested in and won't be until Succession returns. With Disney+ I'm watching Loki and Wandavision then I'm out for a while. Don't have Prime at the moment but will sign up if they have anything of interest.
I like this new "in for a month" model (I have a Roku streamer). Only Virgin's Oomph channels and Netflix are permanent for me and that's because the whole family use them. The former will be reviewed when our 18-month deal expires next January. Netflix still has the only compelling content.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2021, 17:05   #222
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
For £4p/m give and take exchange rates you get quite a lot including premier league football, live wwe ppvs it is exceptional value for money.
Sounds a bargain. I'm sure the UK rights will be different, as Premier League rights are far more expensive in their home country than the USA.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2021, 19:35   #223
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I find dipping into a streaming service for a month then cancelling is enough to allow me to watch everything I want to on each service. I signed up to Starzplay for a month, watched Mr Mercedes (outstanding), High Fidelity and The Act (both very good) and Castle Rock (not too bad) then cancelled. Not bad value for £4.99.
I'll sign up for another month of Apple TV+ if Foundation turns out to be as good as the trailer suggests but I'll wait until the whole of season 1 is available. Will watch s2 of The Morning Show that month, too. But won't hang around.
I recently cancelled Now as there's nothing on Sky Atlantic I'm interested in and won't be until Succession returns. With Disney+ I'm watching Loki and Wandavision then I'm out for a while. Don't have Prime at the moment but will sign up if they have anything of interest.
I like this new "in for a month" model (I have a Roku streamer). Only Virgin's Oomph channels and Netflix are permanent for me and that's because the whole family use them. The former will be reviewed when our 18-month deal expires next January. Netflix still has the only compelling content.
That sounds a sensible approach, and this is what I mean when I say that the streamers can save you money.

The approach some take is to subscribe to them all at the same time and then complain about how expensive it is.

One qualification I always make these days is that sport can get rather expensive and I hope that will sort itself out before too much longer.
Old 30-07-2021, 19:46   #224
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Best way to do it, i do similat but via Amazon channels one month shudder, then a month of Britbox, then a month of starzplay, netflix is one i keep. Hulu i dip in and out of as required too.
HBOMAX is kindly provided to me via a friend in USA in exchange for a slot on my Netflix.
Old 30-07-2021, 20:03   #225
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy Sources say "Peacock will only be free for SKYQ customers. All other Sky customers will need to pay an estimated £4p/m."

At time of posting Peacock is not set to launch on Virgin Media.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 30-07-2021 at 20:08.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote