Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Cyclist convicted of "wanton and furious driving"

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

[Update] Cyclist convicted of "wanton and furious driving"

Old 11-10-2017, 17:02   #136
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Cyclist convicted of "wanton and furious driving"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Something just has to be done. I suggest cyclists have the same rules applied to them as those of mobility scooter drivers (who cause fatalities and accidents all the time).

So, just like mobility scooters which are always on the pavement causing mayhem, cyclists should have no licence, no MOT, no 'road tax', no registration plate and no insurance.
+1.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2017, 19:33   #137
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Something just has to be done. I suggest cyclists have the same rules applied to them as those of mobility scooter drivers (who cause fatalities and accidents all the time).

So, just like mobility scooters which are always on the pavement causing mayhem, cyclists should have no licence, no MOT, no 'road tax', no registration plate and no insurance.
Thank you so much for bringing this shocking revelation the forum's attention!! A quick google brought this page up :
http://www.factoryoutletscooters.co....lity-scooters/

It's clear that something must be done with these reckless individuals!!

First cement lorries, now mobility scooters I can't wait to see what examples you bring up next.
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:10   #138
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I see the way forward - we ban all pedestrians and car/van/lorry/milk float/mobility scooter drivers from the streets so that cyclists can roam free and only kill and injure themselves. I dare say that some of them will still find a way to blame other people though...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 14:15   #139
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I see the way forward - we ban all pedestrians and car/van/lorry/milk float/mobility scooter drivers from the streets so that cyclists can roam free and only kill and injure themselves. I dare say that some of them will still find a way to blame other people though...
It's the only sensible option.
Old 12-10-2017, 15:34   #140
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
Yes, well cyclists are never to blame as we all know. Four year olds walking in pedestrian zones really ought to know better as should their parents. His head was probably full of all sorts of childish theme park nonsense and he wasn't paying full attention to road safety when that innocent cyclist hit him. Poor innocent young man on the bike, I dare say he's been traumatised by this and won't ever be able to cycle in a pedestrian zone again without feeling threatened by all those people walking around causing a hazard...

Last edited by Osem; 12-10-2017 at 16:10.
Old 13-10-2017, 02:02   #141
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Thank you so much......
Quote:
I see the way forward.........
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, well cyclists are never to blame......
No, let me guess - Cannon and Ball? No, Eric and Ernie? No, aah, I know for sure, Dick and Dom
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 14:06   #142
007stuart
cf.addict

Quote:
No, let me guess - Cannon and Ball? No, Eric and Ernie? No, aah, I know for sure, Dick and Dom
No need to guess with you Billy no Mates
Old 14-10-2017, 19:23   #143
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Congratulations to the fat, Chris Froome wannabe cycling across the new Mersey Gateway bridge this morning. Apart from the fact that it's a motorway regulation road all the way across, all of the approach roads are too. It's this element of the lycra fraternity and the fixie hipsters who need a good kicking and locking up.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 22:31   #144
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Congratulations to the fat, Chris Froome wannabe cycling across the new Mersey Gateway bridge this morning. Apart from the fact that it's a motorway regulation road all the way across, all of the approach roads are too. It's this element of the lycra fraternity and the fixie hipsters who need a good kicking and locking up.
He's a cyclist, Laws of the road don't apply to him.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 23:49   #145
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
He's a cyclist, Laws of the road don't apply to him.
Yep, they're always the victims aren't they. Must be great to be so perfect...
Old 15-10-2017, 00:55   #146
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Oh do calm down Uncle Peter, you probably couldn't kick your way out of a wet Liverpool Echo

Now, as far as I can tell one of the main objectives of the project was to encourage the increased use of cycling and walking - did this not come about? If not, why not as the project is government (taxpayer) funded and cyclists/pedestrians pay taxes you know.
Old 15-10-2017, 09:30   #147
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

[QUOTE=Kursk;35920209]Oh do calm down Uncle Peter, you probably couldn't kick your way out of a wet Liverpool Echo

Now, as far as I can tell one of the main objectives of the project was to encourage the increased use of cycling and walking - did this not come about? If not, why not as the project is government (taxpayer) funded and cyclists/pedestrians pay taxes you know.[/QUOTE]

yes them lycra fairy suits don't come cheap
Old 15-10-2017, 11:54   #148
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

The old bridge is closed for refurbishment but still open for cycle and foot traffic. While it’s now a relatively safe and traffic free route over the river the roads it connects to, like most of the roads in this country are not suitable enough for cars and cycles to co-exist safely.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 03:05   #149
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
yes them lycra fairy suits don't come cheap
A cost easily saved by wearing the wife's tights instead.
Quote:
The old bridge is closed for refurbishment but still open for cycle and foot traffic. While it’s now a relatively safe and traffic free route over the river the roads it connects to, like most of the roads in this country are not suitable enough for cars and cycles to co-exist safely.
So, despite it being a stated 'main objective' to encourage increased cycling and walking, there is no provision to achieve this within the constructed new bridge?

Don't you think that it might have been an idea to incorporate a cycle/walk way so that everyone who has contributed toward the cost of the project could enjoy the same benefits as motorists?

I hope local cyclists regularly disrupt traffic flow by way of protest .
Old 16-10-2017, 10:56   #150
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
A cost easily saved by wearing the wife's tights instead.

So, despite it being a stated 'main objective' to encourage increased cycling and walking, there is no provision to achieve this within the constructed new bridge?

Don't you think that it might have been an idea to incorporate a cycle/walk way so that everyone who has contributed toward the cost of the project could enjoy the same benefits as motorists?

I hope local cyclists regularly disrupt traffic flow by way of protest .

sounds like a Bull Bar moment