Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 15-12-2017, 10:27   #3676
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

The big difference being BT has never had a relationship with Sky for its entertainment channels unlike VM.

Would VM be happy with it's users having to access the Sky channels through Now TV and handing Sky even more customer relationships.
Advertisement
Old 15-12-2017, 10:33   #3677
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The big difference being BT has never had a relationship with Sky for its entertainment channels unlike VM.

Would VM be happy with it's users having to access the Sky channels through Now TV and handing Sky even more customer relationships.
Who says its going to be through a Now TV app MM?.
Old 15-12-2017, 10:37   #3678
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Who says its going to be through a Now TV app MM?.
Will they wholesale it though ? Can't see it myself but who knows I guess anything is possible. With the BT deal subscribers on BT will get access to Sky Arlantic but the customer relationship stays with Sky (Now TV).
Old 15-12-2017, 10:40   #3679
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

It does sound as though it may happen, it wouldn't be a smart move by VM now not to secure these channels. I would imagine they(SKY) are now trying to get SA out to as many homes as they can. It may bolster Subs in a time when customers are dipping in and out of PAY TV.
Old 15-12-2017, 10:43   #3680
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Will they wholesale it though ? Can't see it myself but who knows I guess anything is possible. With the BT deal subscribers on BT will get access to Sky Arlantic but the customer relationship stays with Sky (Now TV).
Anything is possible in these changing times MM.
Old 15-12-2017, 11:33   #3681
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Anything is possible in these changing times MM.
I never thought I'd hear you say that, Den! The future beckons...f

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Quote:

Why not, when viewers can access Now TV by alternative means anyway?

As I've said before, Now TV could be made available on VM's boxes to those subscribing to the Full House.

However, the latest developments suggest that Sky Atlantic may arrive as a linear channel rather than via Now TV.
Old 15-12-2017, 11:37   #3682
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Now now OB you must sit down as l don't want you having one of your funny turns again.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

As I've said before, Now TV could be made available on VM's boxes to those subscribing to the Full House.

However, the latest developments suggest that Sky Atlantic may arrive as a linear channel rather than via Now TV.
Crikey agreeing you is not something this old fossil usually does.
Old 15-12-2017, 11:46   #3683
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Virgin Media is currently the only platform where you can subscribe to all the BT Sport and Sky sports channels (expect UHD) from 2019 that will no longer be the case
Old 15-12-2017, 12:01   #3684
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Virgin Media is currently the only platform where you can subscribe to all the BT Sport and Sky sports channels (expect UHD) from 2019 that will no longer be the case
For now good sir. You assume it'll end in 2019.

(i thought BT contract ended in 2018 btw)
Old 15-12-2017, 12:09   #3685
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

I take it BT aren't getting Sky Sports UHD though!
Old 15-12-2017, 12:21   #3686
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
I take it BT aren't getting Sky Sports UHD though!
Correct nor are Sky getting BT Sport UHD

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
For now good sir. You assume it'll end in 2019.

(i thought BT contract ended in 2018 btw)
It does even if it is removed from the top TV pack you'd think VM will still agree a new contract to carry the channels somehow
Old 15-12-2017, 12:25   #3687
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Because VM viewers wouldnt want to have to access everything through the Now TV app when they can already record everything from Sky bar Atlantic.

I was incorrect with my earlier post as I've since read another link what suggest BT will act as an agent on BT TV selling Now TV.

I'd expect some good deals on both platforms for those wanting both BT Sport and Sky Sports.
Old 15-12-2017, 12:36   #3688
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Correct nor are Sky getting BT Sport UHD
And even less chance of Virgin getting any UHD from these two.

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

Quote:
It does even if it is removed from the top TV pack you'd think VM will still agree a new contract to carry the channels somehow
Only companies run by fools would not agree a new contract.
Old 15-12-2017, 13:00   #3689
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
You better repeat that as many have said that before you on this forum and have had to eat that straw hat.
I'm used to eating hats with the ammount of predictions i get wrong lol.

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I see that Sky and BT have agreed to share their programmes. All BTs sports channels will be available to Sky subscribers and Sky Atlantic will be available on BT via Now TV. I wonder where this leaves Virgin Media?

Source http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42364401
There goes Daves "SKY won't let anyone have SKY Atlantic" then lol, though tbf it is only via nowtv on bts platform.

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Run that passed me again…did the boss at Sky just say that 'our leading portfolio of channels – Sky Atlantic, Sky One and Sky Living – available on ALL major Pay-TV platforms for the first time'??? There's no arguing that Virgin's TV pay-TV platform is a major one (6m households using VM's services in the UK and Ireland) and Darroch can't tell big fibs on these announcements, so I can only conclude that Sky Atlantic, either as a channel or as part of a VM Now TV offering, is on the way any day now.
(Either that, or Sky reckon that this BT deal and the Sky Q over internet service launching next year will kill Virgin TV once and for all…)
We think SKY,VM and BT will unite together with the threat of online providers such as netflix, amazon and the risk of twitter and Facebook throwing their hats into the ring too.
However i think VM are in the weakest position of the big 3 as they have no content to offer in return.
I've said it before and i know many disagree but i'll say it again VM should never of sold of their channels for a start Living was great when vm owned it but now it's a shadow of it's former self, plus by having channels VM would of had that extra bargaining chip too.
Old 15-12-2017, 13:19   #3690
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I'm used to eating hats with the ammount of predictions i get wrong lol.

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

There goes Daves "SKY won't let anyone have SKY Atlantic" then lol, though tbf it is only via nowtv on bts platform.

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

We think SKY,VM and BT will unite together with the threat of online providers such as netflix, amazon and the risk of twitter and Facebook throwing their hats into the ring too.
However i think VM are in the weakest position of the big 3 as they have no content to offer in return.
I've said it before and i know many disagree but i'll say it again VM should never of sold of their channels for a start Living was great when vm owned it but now it's a shadow of it's former self, plus by having channels VM would of had that extra bargaining chip too.
True, but that has not stopped VM from being able to get the channels it wants on its system (with the notable exception of Sky Atlantic and AMC) to date.

What VM does have is subscribers, and by having a contractual arrangement to take Sky and BT's channels, VM will be boosting the audience figures to attract more advertising revenue (or at least to offset a fall off in viewers due to the streaming disrupters).

Things are changing rapidly in this industry and I think there is plenty to be excited about. It is particularly heartening to see Sky's monopolistic barriers coming down. Competition is at last impacting to provide customers with a better deal. There will be much more to come.
Closed Thread