Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Offers listed as "upgrades"

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Offers listed as "upgrades"

Old 07-09-2019, 09:22   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Offers listed as "upgrades"

Ok so now I just about moved back to Cardiff I thought I would look at the offers open to me. I guess that Virgin just post as “my offers” generic upgrades. For more than I am paying – thanks I know that's what a upgrade is- but wait, for £10.50 more at the end of the discount offer I would end up with some channels I NEVER watch even when I was on the highest package. The loss of the” pay for Kids TV .” No loss to me there. A v6 box which I already have , so do not require or need. And BT sport which if I did want I could just sign up for around the same cost . O` yes and a £35 set up fee to do nothing at all. Anyone else had an offer of such silly upgrades?
Old 07-09-2019, 09:28   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Offers listed as "upgrades"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Ok so now I just about moved back to Cardiff I thought I would look at the offers open to me. I guess that Virgin just post as “my offers” generic upgrades. For more than I am paying – thanks I know that's what a upgrade is- but wait, for £10.50 more at the end of the discount offer I would end up with some channels I NEVER watch even when I was on the highest package. The loss of the” pay for Kids TV .” No loss to me there. A v6 box which I already have , so do not require or need. And BT sport which if I did want I could just sign up for around the same cost . O` yes and a £35 set up fee to do nothing at all. Anyone else had an offer of such silly upgrades?

Why don't you just ring them, tell them what you want and see what happens? You can then go from there
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:39   #3
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Why don't you just ring them, tell them what you want and see what happens? You can then go from there

Do you know what life is to short for that anyway I was just interested in what they came up with . Clearly it is not a tailored offer as the site does not even show I have a V6 box its still shows that I have a Tivo which died and was replaced. Some time ago
Old 07-09-2019, 09:58   #4
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

If you aren’t on the latest packages and have an old discount it almost never works.

In the past it’s asked me for £40 a month to “upgrade” to whatever ultimate oomph used to be called. Despite having full house, sports, movies, extra V6 etc.

Now, for the same reason, it just tells me to phone them.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 13:15   #5
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
If you aren’t on the latest packages and have an old discount it almost never works.

In the past it’s asked me for £40 a month to “upgrade” to whatever ultimate oomph used to be called. Despite having full house, sports, movies, extra V6 etc.

Now, for the same reason, it just tells me to phone them.

So the point I was trying to make would be correct . It has no bearing on the "package" you are on or what you actually watch/use.